LOL.

Nice photoshop lol, i havent even played him on hazza

excuses! Fake news! I have proof. Wbu?
Switzerland glorious_
Dragoon
ESO: Revan

Re: AoE3 makes me really upset

Post by glorious_ »

I guess the problem is more like the new players are too lazy to learn the whole mecanics of the game. For example while im studying for my finals a lot of guys ask when they see me watching a stream if people still play aoe. Mostly they say they will start again and even do so. But after a few weeks they tell its just too much work to learn the whole gameplay again (most of them played back in the days). As well it is far easier to learn the gameplay of a FPS. I bought CoD: WWII a few weeks ago and already knew the whole maps and gamemodes in a few days. As well one game there takes you like 10 mins and with aoe its mostly more.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

umeu wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Nice photoshop lol, i havent even played him on hazza

excuses! Fake news! I have proof. Wbu?

that rhymes!
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Lol he took everygame hokedog won and replaced the loser with my name
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Hazza54321 wrote:Lol he took everygame hokedog won and replaced the loser with my name

I did no such thing. That would take a huge amount of time. I'm a busy man. I have a picture. Proof. What do you have?! ACCUSATIONS. BLASHPHEMEEEEE!
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Loser replacement accusations are not allowed on the forum, and you should know that by now @Hazza54321. We understand your frustration but there is nothing we can do about it. The pest feature on ESO is your friend.
Pay more attention to detail.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

As long as I can still find games easily, I really don't care what the overall numbers are (but they have remained pretty consistent over the past few years, for the record). And unless I'm playing at a weird time, I can usually fill/find a full lobby within a few minutes. It's probably harder for higher-ranked players, but unless you're above 1st lieutenant, the decrease in player base likely hasn't impacted you all that much. And even if it has, it's simple enough to arrange games on the ESOC Discord - that's why that resource exists.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Papist wrote:As long as I can still find games easily, I really don't care what the overall numbers are (but they have remained pretty consistent over the past few years, for the record). And unless I'm playing at a weird time, I can usually fill/find a full lobby within a few minutes. It's probably harder for higher-ranked players, but unless you're above 1st lieutenant, the decrease in player base likely hasn't impacted you all that much. And even if it has, it's simple enough to arrange games on the ESOC Discord - that's why that resource exists.

you never play with me and this a bad sign regardless of number
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
gibson wrote:Also rts is just a dying game mode

Someone should make a Battle Royale scenario for AoE 3

Already there. It's called lost!
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

noissance wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
gibson wrote:Also rts is just a dying game mode

Someone should make a Battle Royale scenario for AoE 3

Already there. It's called lost!

Make a scenario that lets 99 people play lost
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Seriously, not this again... TAD numbers aren't declining and AoE3 is among top 10 active RTS games (although RTS as a whole is not doing too well admittedly).

My advise; just go play ;)

In modern day gaming though, aoe3 is very dead. I sorta considered aoe3 dead back in 2010, so even though the numbers are not declining its just a dead body procrastinating its funeral. In most games you have almost instant match making with games that are much closer in terms of ranking than reasonable aoe3 games are. It's almost impossible to even get aoe3 games during for example a EU morning. In that sense the game is sort of dead and admittedly has been for many years now. It's possibly not dying, but it's not like the state of the online population isn't sad.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

You should compare aoe3 with its peers. Rise of nations, aom, cossacks, etc. It is not a lol, cs go etc. and rts games never will be. Others, starcraft /aoe2 / heartstone are not too popular actually despite being handled by offical support and patches. I think the 'dead' thing is your passion for the game, which i hope will return some day :)
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

HUMMAN wrote:You should compare aoe3 with its peers. Rise of nations, aom, cossacks, etc. It is not a lol, cs go etc. and rts games never will be. Others, starcraft /aoe2 / heartstone are not too popular actually despite being handled by offical support and patches. I think the 'dead' thing is your passion for the game, which i hope will return some day :)

Why do you need to compare aoe3 with its peers? The relevant comparison is one with all games that I can play. Boot up aoe3, wait 20 minutes for a game that you'll probably win or probably lose because you're so much better/worse than your opponent, while doing the same meta stuff, OR boot up sc2 and get matched with an opponent of roughly equal skill in 30 seconds, OR play overwatch and have reasonably fair games instantly, or play some top tier single player game. Your passion for aoe3 is bound to die if you don't have as much time to invest in the game.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

or play csgo and get a game quickly and maybe win or if you lose you can at least flame your teammates hard
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

What is really making people quit the game, is prolly all the cheating.
By looking at the new players coming to our communety, they are pretty young (not 13 though) I do not have any stastistics for it, but we have all felt it, and its draining the fun out of "fun".
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

gibson wrote:flame your teammates hard

at least that part works on aoe too
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Kaiserklein wrote:
gibson wrote:flame your teammates hard

at least that part works on aoe too

Not if they pest you
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer

Post by HUMMAN »

"Why do you need to compare aoe3 with its peers?"

Because i sense expectation from your writings, a disapointment, if you change your perspective your expectations will change too. I actually like the current player base. Could be higher like 5000 online, but the more i would not preffer it. Because it is a nice feeling to know playerbase, everybody played piroshiki or kingrichard at some point. Could be because i'm low rank and i can find games more easily.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

HUMMAN wrote:"Why do you need to compare aoe3 with its peers?"

Because i sense expectation from your writings, a disapointment, if you change your perspective your expectations will change too. I actually like the current player base. Could be higher like 5000 online, but the more i would not preffer it. Because it is a nice feeling to know playerbase, everybody played piroshiki or kingrichard at some point. Could be because i'm low rank and i can find games more easily.

That's the comparison thats relevant. 20 minutes for a poorly matched game, or instant dark souls 3 action.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Witcher 3 <3
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer

Post by HUMMAN »

I think it is how you feel about the game is what's relevant, for you in this case. Not numbers.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

HUMMAN wrote:I think it is how you feel about the game is what's relevant, for you in this case. Not numbers.

It's a lot of fun. Waiting half of the time is not a lot of fun. Other games are almost as much fun. This seems really logical to me?
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

momuuu wrote:

That's the comparison thats relevant. 20 minutes for a poorly matched game, or instant dark souls 3 action.

Do u play music instruments?
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

everybody played piroshiki or kingrichard at some point.

I haven't played any of them yet
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

rsy wrote:
momuuu wrote:

Do u play music instruments?

yes, guitar ;)