AoE3 makes me really upset

Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Re: AoE3 makes me really upset

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Are the games that you put along the neck of the guitar games that you play more often or is everything on that screen just randomly arranged (or is there some other organization here)?
duck
:mds:
imo
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Vinyanenya wrote:Are the games that you put along the neck of the guitar games that you play more often or is everything on that screen just randomly arranged (or is there some other organization here)?

I try to categorize them but then it turns out no matter how you go about it categorizing doesnt lead to equally long lines and then I give up. The blizzard games don't even launch from the icons anyways haha.
United States of America TheFrozenStrelet
Musketeer

Post by TheFrozenStrelet »

It is a frustrating game and it has been dead for a while but I’d like to get back into it.
No Flag Radix_Lecti
Dragoon

Post by Radix_Lecti »

frustrating captures it all, yes. I feel so good without all that dumb waiting around and cheating in my life. ^_^
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

I almost never get cheaters in my games, and I played almost everyday last 3-4 week. If it bothers you this much come on discord and ask for an EP game?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Even if you actively try to get a game within 8 pr you still fail. I've been waiting for 15 minutes now to get a 1v1/2v2 game, its impossible. Time to uninstall to save disk space.
No Flag Radix_Lecti
Dragoon

Post by Radix_Lecti »

3v3 random lts is the proverbial gutter where all hacks used to gather and who are now all 29+ ranks.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Fairly easy to get a game at 2lt level.
I am not sure about cheaters, I just ASSume they are much better than me.

"Dude you are OP, making falcs in age 2!"
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

But TONS of smurfs...

Forgot his name but this Sioux player RAPED me with his mix of CA and AR. I tried every imaginable age 3 brit combo, but got raped.
After the game I saw he was PR 15 with 500+ games. Kek.

Every now and then a 1lt joins my game and "Hey Snuden, you want free PR? I need to lose some rank"
[Sith] - Baphomet
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Snuden wrote:But TONS of smurfs...

Forgot his name but this Sioux player RAPED me with his mix of CA and AR. I tried every imaginable age 3 brit combo, but got raped.

Every now and then a 1lt joins my game and "Hey Snuden, you want free PR? I need to lose some rank"

You really shouldn't get upset for smurfs. I don't really understand why people complain about smurfs, playing with better players will help you to improve.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

yea its not hard to get a game with someone within 5 pr of you
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Who eill stop thr snufens reign if terror
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

You really shouldn't get upset for smurfs. I don't really understand why people complain about smurfs, playing with better players will help you to improve.

I don't complain about it at all, it was more like a statement.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

You can just queue a QS game play in windowed mode and watch your daily YT videos/read your newspaper/ESOC whatever. You'll find someone eventually.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Because playing fair matches is more fun
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Yea playing vs a pr35 who you think is a 2nd lt really helps you get better
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

played a few games tonight - and I still love this old game @Vickyxxx5528 the one and only ;) rts game for me :love: but then again I am low level, so I have no problem finding a game :P
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

gibson wrote:Yea playing vs a pr35 who you think is a 2nd lt really helps you get better

Yes it does.
Back when I was captain, I used to play a lot with pr35+ players (I've played about 60-70 games with El_Pistolero_) and it really helped me to improve. I also played a lot games vs garja and bsop (about 30-40) when I was pr32-33, and I remember that back then I didn't win a single one vs bsop, but again, it really helped me.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
gibson wrote:Yea playing vs a pr35 who you think is a 2nd lt really helps you get better

Yes it does.
Back when I was captain, I used to play a lot with pr35+ players (I've played about 60-70 games with El_Pistolero_) and it really helped me to improve. I also played a lot games vs garja and bsop (about 30-40) when I was pr32-33, and I remember that back then I didn't win a single one vs bsop, but again, it really helped me.

Not everyone wants to improve and become a top player. For a lot of people the joy in video games is in the game itself, playing competitive matches and having fun and being casual. Yeah, getting completely bent over by someone who's ranked lower, probably by a demoralizing troll strat, just isn't fun, nor is it in honest, competitive spirit nor in recreational utility. It's great you played vs higher-ranked players and improved a lot and enjoyed it but you can hardly apply the same concept to a whole group and argue that -- let alone introduce smurfs.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Agree... Even matches are more fun.
Sad thing is that I kinda lost my desire to win. Not really feeling it anymore :(

Sad.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Even if I liked playing with better players, I'd still dislike playing with better players disguised as smurfs. On the other hand, it's impossible to get games going if you're a high ranked player because people don't want to play with you, so I get the smurfing too. It's just annoying though. I love this game, but if there are countless other things to do I wont spend 30 minutes trying to get a game going to then play a game for 15 minutes against some lt to then wait 30 minutes again.
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

Finding games vs. higher ranked players on patch isn't very hard, unless you flame/lag alot or use disliked game "features". People rarely smurf on patch because there's really no need to.

For MS to 1st LT level there's almost always a few lobbies on RE so really no problem there either. It's usually not too hard to tell if an account is a smurf or not.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

tabben wrote:Finding games vs. higher ranked players on patch isn't very hard, unless you flame/lag alot or use disliked game "features". People rarely smurf on patch because there's really no need to.

For MS to 1st LT level there's almost always a few lobbies on RE so really no problem there either. It's usually not too hard to tell if an account is a smurf or not.

Not if it's Butifle's smurf
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Playing vs a smurf doesnt help you improve lol, you have the mentality of playibg vs a real 2nd lt so you put both hands on dick
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Yes it does.
Unsurprisingly you completely missed the point. Playing vs better than you helps you improve. Playing vs someone who you think is 10 pr lower than you but is really 10 pr higher than you doesnt.