Exposing a cheater

Canada JulyBurnsOrange
Skirmisher
ESO: JulyBurnsOrange

Exposing a cheater

Post by JulyBurnsOrange »

Hey, been a while, took a little break from AOE3. Im back now and was just playing a few games for fun when I encountered this cheater.
Btw, sorry if this isnt the right place for it, If there is a proper spot on the forums to expose a cheater let me know.
Maybe im letting this get to me a little too much, but I was having a really good game and was having a lot of fun, so it sucked to have that ruined.
And since theres no option to report people I thought I might as well expose him here so people can just blacklist him and stuff.

This game is over 10 years old and has a small community, we gotta do our part to keep it clean. just my thoughts anyway :)
His name is: Redacted
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Exposing a cheater

Post by gibson »

Yea he's a known moesbar ui user
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

the obvious cheater :lol:, the stealthy cheater (free shipments, unit stats modifier) is a lot harder to recognize
Switzerland glorious_
Dragoon
ESO: Revan

Post by glorious_ »

seriously how people can still play with this guy is beyond me. He does that almost every game or just oos.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

he cheats subtle too. Or at least he thinks its subtle. Looking at the post game for that he has 20 europeans vils as india xD
Russia Acolyte
Dragoon

Post by Acolyte »

JulyBurnsOrange wrote:Hey, been a while, took a little break from AOE3. Im back now and was just playing a few games for fun when I encountered this cheater.
Btw, sorry if this isnt the right place for it, If there is a proper spot on the forums to expose a cheater let me know.
Maybe im letting this get to me a little too much, but I was having a really good game and was having a lot of fun, so it sucked to have that ruined.
And since theres no option to report people I thought I might as well expose him here so people can just blacklist him and stuff.

This game is over 10 years old and has a small community, we gotta do our part to keep it clean. just my thoughts anyway :)
His name is: Redacted

I tough it was a about some dog box happened on deccan yesterday XD :lol: :uglylol:
I guess thoses poeple surpassed the other poeple doing spamming invite utile the game crash :sad:
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

yep well, the ESOC team hasn't been of any help in maintaining this small community in regards to cheating. They bar such accusations which are well known and clearly true from the public on this website for some unknown reason. Perhaps they are all subtle cheaters themselves who knows.

what we really need is a central database of pest list so that we can all protect ourselves. if that is too much effort at least allow these posts under a subform on this site that you dont have to go to unless you want to
Canada JulyBurnsOrange
Skirmisher

supahons wrote:the obvious cheater :lol:, the stealthy cheater (free shipments, unit stats modifier) is a lot harder to recognize

Yeah he does do the subtle cheats too, notice all the free gold shipments on his TC.
He was shit though, cause my teammate and I made his teammate resign before this dude pulled out the monster trucks.

Didnt even realise he was cheating till the end. Literally no skill, hes ranked as a captain too.
Canada JulyBurnsOrange
Skirmisher

jgals wrote:yep well, the ESOC team hasn't been of any help in maintaining this small community in regards to cheating. They bar such accusations which are well known and clearly true from the public on this website for some unknown reason. Perhaps they are all subtle cheaters themselves who knows.

what we really need is a central database of pest list so that we can all protect ourselves. if that is too much effort at least allow these posts under a subform on this site that you dont have to go to unless you want to

Do you mean have the esoc team ban this guy from tourneys? I dont think hed get far with his tactics tbh lmao
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

JulyBurnsOrange wrote:
jgals wrote:yep well, the ESOC team hasn't been of any help in maintaining this small community in regards to cheating. They bar such accusations which are well known and clearly true from the public on this website for some unknown reason. Perhaps they are all subtle cheaters themselves who knows.

Do you mean have the esoc team ban this guy from tourneys? I dont think hed get far with his tactics tbh lmao

well obvi that but also they could do a service to the community and do what i said. This game won't always be about the top 50 people playing right now. You have to take care of the bottom too if you can
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

jgals wrote:yep well, the ESOC team hasn't been of any help in maintaining this small community.
Yeah, hosting something like 15+ tournaments for thousands of dollars in prize money over 3 years and hundreds, hundreds of videos and streams is doing nothing to hold together this small community.
Great Britain _NT_sven
Dragoon
Donator 06
Clan: NTDE

Post by _NT_sven »

I don't think ESOC has been in favor of obvious cheats once they were exposed with clear evidence. Admins here only lock threads with little supporting material. I really appreciate this - as for technical problems, it is well known that ESO service is sort of neglected from decent maintenance. So what should be expected from an unofficial community?
Plum blossoms fall below the steps like whirling snow;
They cover me still though brushed off a while ago.

-Tune: "Pure Serene Music", Li Yu (937-978 AD), the Last Lord of Southern Tang Dynasty
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

To claim such a thing, you need solid proofs.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

_NT_sven wrote:I don't think ESOC has been in favor of obvious cheats once they were exposed with clear evidence. Admins here only lock threads with little supporting material. I really appreciate this - as for technical problems, it is well known that ESO service is sort of neglected from decent maintenance. So what should be expected from an unofficial community?

more like flat out delete threads that have any mention or remove evidence of cheating as in the case of one of my posts where a screenshot of a british player spawning cur around his explorer in TR was submitted

They have had a 0 tolerance rule about all claims of cheaters historically. Im surprised this thread still exists.
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Our usual policy on this that if you want to start and maintain this database, feel free to do so. If you adhere to a high standard of evidence we'd probably even let you post it here or better yet, add you to the team as a dedicated anti-cheat staff member. We've let someone post their cheater db before (well, it seems like we removed it once but we didn't bother removing the thread about the thread being removed that included a link to the db so I'm guessing we didn't really care). Here's that thread: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=9412

The db itself is now a dead link. I won't speculate about the reasons for that link being down, but I will say that the ESOC staff has the interest in maintaining a similar thing (in Comm team there's been some discussion about revising the cheating accusation rules, and in Dev there's been a cheating blacklist system in the pipeline for years). We don't, however, have the resources to do so - not in the sense that we couldn't do it if we thought it was important, but that we don't think it's important enough to dedicate a lot of time to. That would change if someone else thought that it was very important and was willing to devote a substantial amount of time to working on this.

Unfortunately, the time required to implement this any sort of blacklist actually is substantial, because the burden of proof is fairly high (a lot of things are easy to fake) and I consider false positives to be very bad in this situation. So we have no problem with you, independently of us, maintaining your own list with any level of proof required, but our internal consensus (last we checked) is that enforcing anything but an extremely high burden of proof will do more harm than good, and enforcing an extremely high burden of proof will either be uninformative (the only people on the list will be Moesbar and wuziqi) or expensive.

As far as ESOC staff being lowkey cheaters, that's mostly not the case with the sole exception of @chrisie who hacks every game.

Also for unrelated reasons this thread got locked, but as I'm sure you have some questions feel free to message me here or on Discord.
duck
:mds:
imo