Better AI?

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Better AI?

Post by pecelot »

It goes without saying that the original AoE 3 AI is dumb as shit, anyway single player games or even comp stomps with some noob friends may be quite interesting, so I'm looking for a substitute for that - do you have any reccomendiations, any links with a better CPU?
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Better AI?

Post by Mimsy for President »

pecelot wrote:It goes without saying that the original AoE 3 AI is dumb as shit, anyway single player games or even comp stomps with some noob friends may be quite interesting, so I''m looking for a substitute for that - do you have any reccomendiations, any links with a better CPU?
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=316

Personally, I''ve never tried it.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Better AI?

Post by momuuu »

I remember some guy named Murdilator ended up improving it more. But at some point, he merged it with some new patch he wanted to make (that wasnt too good).. I cant really find the solo AI of his right now unfortunately.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Better AI?

Post by pecelot »

I found one as well in the Improvement Mod but it changed the game completely so that you couldn't return to the ??nilla" version of TAD and it was also quite difficult and time-wasting to uninstall it so it's probably not worth trying.
India _DB_
Howdah

Better AI?

Post by _DB_ »

Why do you even expect the AI to be smart? It's impossible to make AI better than a human player.

Btw, you can assign AI a strategy with scenario editor yourself. I once made a scenario where AI does 10/10 agra rush 3 years ago. It did work okay, but still AI is dumb enough.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Better AI?

Post by momuuu »

subzero wrote:Why do you even expect the AI to be smart? It''s impossible to make AI better than a human player.

Btw, you can assign AI a strategy with scenario editor yourself. I once made a scenario where AI does 10/10 agra rush 3 years ago. It did work okay, but still AI is dumb enough.
The changed AI is pretty good though.. Current AI raelly does use retarded unit compositions and build orders. If you make them do something smart (not halbs) and make them do a logical build order, the expert AI would be really tough.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Better AI?

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
subzero wrote:Why do you even expect the AI to be smart? Its impossible to make AI better than a human player.

The changed AI is pretty good though.. Current AI raelly does use retarded unit compositions and build orders. If you make them do something smart (not halbs) and make them do a logical build order, the expert AI would be really tough.
So are you saying queen isabels 9 maya hulcan 8 pike rush is dumb? Open your mind jerom
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Better AI?

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
jerom wrote:The changed AI is pretty good though.. Current AI raelly does use retarded unit compositions and build orders. If you make them do something smart (not halbs) and make them do a logical build order, the expert AI would be really tough.
So are you saying queen isabels 9 maya hulcan 8 pike rush is dumb? Open your mind jerom
How could I forgot about that OP strat? Its even better than piroshiki FF :D
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Better AI?

Post by Durokan »

Fan patch AI is better. Idk hoe far away from RE tad you want to stray tho
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Better AI?

Post by pecelot »

subzero wrote:Why do you even expect the AI to be smart? It''s impossible to make AI better than a human player.
As it was already mentioned, better unit composition for instance, but you know I expect Ai to at least make a landing on the main island on Ceylon if it is an original map...
India _DB_
Howdah

Better AI?

Post by _DB_ »

pecelot wrote:
subzero wrote:Why do you even expect the AI to be smart? Its impossible to make AI better than a human player.
As it was already mentioned, better unit composition for instance, but you know I expect Ai to at least make a landing on the main island on Ceylon if it is an original map...
Who plays ceylon? :P
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Better AI?

Post by pecelot »

It doesn't really matter, it's just a good example. Btw. I guess at one point in time everyone played it just to try?