Heavy cav for all civs

Should all civs get heavy cav?

I'm silly and I don't know what that is
42%
Wait don't they all but Aztec?(I'm silly and I don't know what that is)
15%
Yes! All but Aztec
12%
No it's good this way
31%

Total votes: 26

Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by _venox_ »

Hit and run is a tactic used to kill enemy units without losing army and can be done nonstop. You don't lose map control, you constantly kill units.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by Good ol Ivan »

princeofkabul wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:so I just tested this in the editor. Without even kiting, 50 dragoons rapes 50 wakina with more than half the dragoons still alive... I admit that 100 wakina would probably win. yet, 50 warclubs kills the 50 dragoons easily. With wind runner and the warchief speed aura, I dont think his kiting would be such a problem vs good micro.
50 Imp gends also win 50 pikemen!
omg why did you have to revive this thread...
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by Durokan »

papist wrote:As Ivan said, melee cav ARE heavy cav. Ranged cav are light cav. And Aztec get heavy cav - coyote.
coyote runners are light infantry, not heavy cav
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

venox wrote:Hit and run is a tactic used to kill enemy units without losing army and can be done nonstop. You don''t lose map control, you constantly kill units.

. And while you''re hitting and running I''m forward basting in the exact spot that you ran from boom !!!
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by _venox_ »

English please.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by Papist »

durokan wrote:
papist wrote:As Ivan said, melee cav ARE heavy cav. Ranged cav are light cav. And Aztec get heavy cav - coyote.
coyote runners are light infantry, not heavy cav
They function as and have the same strengths as heavy cavalry.

And remember when talking about Sioux that the base stats do not factor in the huge bonus their units get from 20 teepees. RR are a shit unit in supremacy (they have no resist and get chewed up by en masse musketeer fire), but are somewhat better when their attack and hp get a nice boost.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by Good ol Ivan »

Damn me, you are right, playtesting on scen editor musks vs rifle riders, provided 2.25 musks for every RR, musks end up eating the rifle riders - and rifle riders are supposed to counter musks.
And I always thought RRs were above average because of their 1.5 ROF, 3.0 bonus against heavy cavalry, 3.0 bonus against HI, and 7.0 against artillery and ships... Yeah, on second thought they are kind of mediocre, but I suppose it kind of makes sense for a ranged cav unit which has so many bonuses, including one again its direct counter (heavy inf). Another factor is sioux eco is weaker than euro eco...
Even so I wouldn't call them a shit unit tho.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by _venox_ »

if RR hit and run then if the first line of RR and the first line of muskets shoot, the number of RR shooting is worth more resources than the first line of muskets shooting. It will be as if 4/5 of the musketeers can't shoot and just replace the muskets that die and only 1/2 of the RR can't shoot and replace the RR that die.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by Good ol Ivan »

venox wrote:if RR hit and run then if the first line of RR and the first line of muskets shoot, the number of RR shooting is worth more resources than the first line of muskets shooting. It will be as if 4/5 of the musketeers can''t shoot and just replace the muskets that die and only 1/2 of the RR can''t shoot and replace the RR that die.
Yeah but still.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by _venox_ »

I also think that they work best together with axe riders who can soak up the damage, all the while the RR deal the damage.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

ivan wrote:
venox wrote:if RR hit and run then if the first line of RR and the first line of muskets shoot, the number of RR shooting is worth more resources than the first line of muskets shooting. It will be as if 4/5 of the musketeers cant shoot and just replace the muskets that die and only 1/2 of the RR cant shoot and replace the RR that die.
Yeah but still.

lol not still. If u are not hitting and running, out maneuvering so that your onll fighting one corner of his 50 musk at one time slowly eating away the mass ur not playing Sioux. And on the other hand, if vs this you are not making skirms or splitting your muskets correctly and positioning then well like real players like h20and just whining that Sioux is broken and not including them in ur guide like some other noob then ur a bitch