Heavy cav for all civs

Should all civs get heavy cav?

I'm silly and I don't know what that is
42%
Wait don't they all but Aztec?(I'm silly and I don't know what that is)
15%
Yes! All but Aztec
12%
No it's good this way
31%

Total votes: 26

No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

Preface/disclaimer: Let me preface this with saying it is a pointless thread and you won't get game strategy or anything else from it. So read no further if you just want to leave ur pointless whining about my pointless whining in the comments. There are a few people I have in mind but I'll stop.

So on to the thread: I THINK ALL CIVS ALMOST Should GET HEAVY CAV DO U AGREE!! Exception would be iro Aztec
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by lemmings121 »

wtf
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

lemmings121 wrote:wtf

wtf u ! Just tick the first poll response!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by deleted_user0 »

Yes all civs should have cuirs
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by Good ol Ivan »

...all civs have heavy cav except aztecs.
Heavy cav = melee cav.
Just in nilla heavy cav means something along the lines of "expensive melee cav".
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by Goodspeed »

I don't even
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by deleted_user0 »

ivan wrote:...all civs have heavy cav except aztecs.
Heavy cav = melee cav.
Just in nilla heavy cav means something along the lines of "expensive melee cav".

Naww the true heavy cavalry are the pride of nations, the flower of the army.

Salute the sipahi, the mamluk, the cuirassier, the stradiot, the elmeti, the mahout and the dogsoldier. They are the masters of the charge, the walls of iron and crashing force. They are the breaker of spears and shields, thousand thundering hooves carrying forward to victory and eternal glory! CHARGE!!!
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by Hazza54321 »

what is the point of this thread?
India _DB_
Howdah

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by _DB_ »

India doesn't have proper heavy cav either. Sowars are too bad for a heavy cav IMO. And eles, they aren't proper either. They are just temporary killing machines. Anyway the civ is already OP and don't need a proper cav honestly.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by momuuu »

hazza54321 wrote:what is the point of this thread?

there is none it seems.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

umeu wrote:
ivan wrote:...all civs have heavy cav except aztecs.
Heavy cav = melee cav.

Naww the true heavy cavalry are the pride of nations, the flower of the army.

Salute the sipahi, the mamluk, the cuirassier, the stradiot, the elmeti, the mahout and the dogsoldier. They are the masters of the charge, the walls of iron and crashing force. They are the breaker of spears and shields, thousand thundering hooves carrying forward to victory and eternal glory! CHARGE!!!

indeed I salute your litany hail to one that knows!
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by oxaloacetate »

subzero wrote:India doesn''t have proper heavy cav either. Sowars are too bad for a heavy cav IMO. And eles, they aren''t proper either. They are just temporary killing machines. Anyway the civ is already OP and don''t need a proper cav honestly.
O_O
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

subzero wrote:India doesn''t have proper heavy cav either. Sowars are too bad for a heavy cav IMO. And eles, they aren''t proper either. They are just temporary killing machines. Anyway the civ is already OP and don''t need a proper cav honestly.?

Mahouts are classified as heavy cavalry
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

jerom wrote:
hazza54321 wrote:what is the point of this thread?
there is none it seems.

whats the point of you! Cant you read my preface?!?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by momuuu »

adderbrain5 wrote:
jerom wrote:there is none it seems.
whats the point of you! Cant you read my preface?!?
The true question is, did you have me in mind when you wrote that? Or did I exceed expectations :happytomato:
India _DB_
Howdah

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by _DB_ »

bramboy wrote:
subzero wrote:India doesnt have proper heavy cav either. Sowars are too bad for a heavy cav IMO. And eles, they arent proper either. They are just temporary killing machines. Anyway the civ is already OP and dont need a proper cav honestly.
Ikr, but they arent "proper" for a heavy cav. They have random pathing issues, they take years to actually start damaging and they arent too fast for this purpose. Theyre classified heavy cav, but they function like a cannon without a range which gets pwned by anti cav.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by momuuu »

How did they even decide something to be heavy cav? Did they take all the cav units and try to order them based on weight or something.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

bramboy wrote:
subzero wrote:India doesnt have proper heavy cav either. Sowars are too bad for a heavy cav IMO. And eles, they arent proper either. They are just temporary killing machines. Anyway the civ is already OP and dont need a proper cav honestly.?

Id agree so are jat lancer
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

jerom wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote: whats the point of you! Cant you read my preface?!?
The true question is, did you have me in mind when you wrote that? Or did I exceed expectations? :happytomato:

lol not you I must say. Youll be added to my pest list
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

jerom wrote:How did they even decide something to be heavy cav? Did they take all the cav units and try to order them based on weight or something.

You heavy cavalry is for an all out charge and is expected to be able to break ranks hopefully breakthrough lines to get to baggage/ archer artillery. They are called heavy cavalry because the horses were bigger slower but stronger usually had armor and the writer is generally had heavy weapons and armor too they were not for skirmishing But more like pull back and let go full force they were kind of a one shot weapon and had to regroup for another charge whereas light cavalry like hussars could wheel and maneuver and do dashing flanking maneuver''s. Then what are ranged cavalry? they were considered light cavalry too or just ranged cavalry but let''s not forget that hussars actually used pistols often especially in the midate 1800s
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by _venox_ »

The question is obsolete since all civs expect the aztecs already got units classified as heavy cavalry.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

In the game true heavy cavalry is the following

Spahi/ sipahi xd
Mameluke
Cuirasier
Dog soldier
Lancer
Elmeti
Iron flail/ meteor hammer
Naginata rider
Jat lancer( maybe actually more light cav)
Mahout
Black rider( ironically)

Light cavalry would be
hackapell
Uhlan
Ruyter
Hussar
Cossack
Steppe rider
So war ( fucking camels)
Stradiot
And most range cav would fall under this category

Note: dragons were considered infantry and functioned as such they were just mounted for mobility .

I understand this is
Not the way game mechanics has it but I'm not talking about game mechanics if ur looking for a guide in game mechanics this isn't it lol
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by Good ol Ivan »

subzero wrote:
bramboy wrote:Mahouts are classified as heavy cavalry
Ikr, but they arent "proper" for a heavy cav. They have random pathing issues, they take years to actually start damaging and they arent too fast for this purpose. Theyre classified heavy cav, but they function like a cannon without a range which gets pwned by anti cav.
....what
B-|
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

venox wrote:The question is obsolete since all civs expect the aztecs already got units classified as heavy cavalry.

. That''s not true there are only two classifications in the game mechanics cavalry and range cavalry. skirmishers counter range cavalry and heavy infantry & range cavalry counter all cavalry both light and heavy that''s the way I understand it .if you want actual in game reference material for this look at stradiots on the saloon menu it calls them light cavalry "light cavalry from the Balkans" and I''m pretty sure it might even say the same about hussar light cavalry is for skirmishing iand flanking and quick strikes on unprotected positions unlike heavy Calvary which can be used for direct charge on front lines ...something that can charge at almost Anything And win or at least cause enough devastation to make it worth it Think about it you wouldn''t charge a few hussar into a bunch of pikes protecting a falc but you might not hesitate to charge a bunch of pikes with spahi or cuirrasier that''s because those are heavy cavalry and as such they have greater hit points and sometimes more resistance because they''re better armored but they are also slower heavy cavalry the keyword is heavy
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

ivan wrote:
subzero wrote:Ikr, but they arent "proper" for a heavy cav. They have random pathing issues, they take years to actually start damaging and they arent too fast for this purpose. Theyre classified heavy cav, but they function like a cannon without a range which gets pwned by anti cav.?
....what
B-|

yeah LOL just because one is incapable of commanding the mighty mahouts and their great beasts doesnt mean that they are ineffective theyve given me some real problems iro vs India