Heavy cav for all civs

Should all civs get heavy cav?

I'm silly and I don't know what that is
42%
Wait don't they all but Aztec?(I'm silly and I don't know what that is)
15%
Yes! All but Aztec
12%
No it's good this way
31%

Total votes: 26

United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by Durokan »

umeu wrote:
ivan wrote:...all civs have heavy cav except aztecs.
Heavy cav = melee cav.
Just in nilla heavy cav means something along the lines of "expensive melee cav".

Naww the true heavy cavalry are the pride of nations, the flower of the army.

Salute the sipahi, the mamluk, the cuirassier, the stradiot, the elmeti, the mahout and the dogsoldier. They are the masters of the charge, the walls of iron and crashing force. They are the breaker of spears and shields, thousand thundering hooves carrying forward to victory and eternal glory! CHARGE!!!

Give skull knights 2.5 extra speed and you have one damn good heavy cavalry. :) they are already the pride of the nation, all they need it coyote-runner esque speed
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by deleted_user0 »

adderbrain5 wrote:
venox wrote:The question is obsolete since all civs expect the aztecs already got units classified as heavy cavalry.
. Thats not true there are only two classifications in the game mechanics cavalry and range cavalry. skirmishers counter range cavalry and heavy infantry & range cavalry counter all cavalry both light and heavy thats the way I understand it .if you want actual in game reference material for this look at stradiots on the saloon menu it calls them light cavalry "light cavalry from the Balkans" and Im pretty sure it might even say the same about hussar light cavalry is for skirmishing iand flanking and quick strikes on unprotected positions unlike heavy Calvary which can be used for direct charge on front lines ...something that can charge at almost Anything And win or at least cause enough devastation to make it worth it Think about it you wouldnt charge a few hussar into a bunch of pikes protecting a falc but you might not hesitate to charge a bunch of pikes with spahi or cuirrasier thats because those are heavy cavalry and as such they have greater hit points and sometimes more resistance because theyre better armored but they are also slower heavy cavalry the keyword is heavy

Ranged cavalry dont have a bonus vs other light cavalry,
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

umeu wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:. Thats not true there are only two classifications in the game mechanics cavalry and range cavalry. skirmishers counter range cavalry and heavy infantry & range cavalry counter all cavalry both light and heavy thats the way I understand it .if you want actual in game reference material for this look at stradiots on the saloon menu it calls them light cavalry "light cavalry from the Balkans" and Im pretty sure it might even say the same about hussar light cavalry is for skirmishing iand flanking and quick strikes on unprotected positions unlike heavy Calvary which can be used for direct charge on front lines ...something that can charge at almost Anything And win or at least cause enough devastation to make it worth it Think about it you wouldnt charge a few hussar into a bunch of pikes protecting a falc but you might not hesitate to charge a bunch of pikes with spahi or cuirrasier thats because those are heavy cavalry and as such they have greater hit points and sometimes more resistance because theyre better armored but they are also slower heavy cavalry the keyword is heavy

Ranged cavalry dont have a bonus vs other light cavalry,

One exception: Dragoons have a 2x multiplier vs Rifle Riders. Thanks microsoft.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by momuuu »

Rifle riders have the same tags as both ranged cav and hand cav. So theyre basically a hussar goon hybrid thats also a skirmisher on a horse.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

bramboy wrote:
umeu wrote:Ranged cavalry dont have a bonus vs other light cavalry,

Please see my new post on unit counters on aoe3 general
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by deleted_user0 »

Yea thats meant to be, or they would have hardly no counter
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

bramboy wrote:
umeu wrote:Ranged cavalry dont have a bonus vs other light cavalry,

Thats unfair imo because Sioux really cant do shit vs goon spam. What are you going to do upgrade war clubs and chop wood? Come on lame
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

adderbrain5 wrote:
bramboy wrote:One exception: Dragoons have a 2x multiplier vs Rifle Riders. Thanks microsoft.

Thats unfair imo because Sioux really cant do shit vs goon spam. What are you going to do upgrade war clubs and chop wood? Come on lame
[br

Although Cheyennes FU do over 100 dam vs cav. I would never play a goon/ ruyter civ on a map without them
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by Good ol Ivan »

jerom wrote:Rifle riders have the same tags as both ranged cav and hand cav. So theyre basically a hussar goon hybrid thats also a skirmisher on a horse.
yeah and they are countered by skirms.
Weird/confusing as fuck
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by Good ol Ivan »

adderbrain5 wrote:
bramboy wrote:One exception: Dragoons have a 2x multiplier vs Rifle Riders. Thanks microsoft.

Uh, wakinas+BR?
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by _venox_ »

Has anyone tried the 10% faster inf card as sioux in colo? It makes your wakina run at speed of 5 and not just 4.6.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

venox wrote:Has anyone tried the 10% faster inf card as sioux in colo? It makes your wakina run at speed of 5 and not just 4.6.

yeah use that most people use that entreaty if I was going to play someone I knew was just going to spam dragons I would definitely get that and upgrade clubs all the way. That card with the war chief Aura should be enough but it would cost you so much wood to maintainthat army composition I''m not sure how it would actually do in practice either versus Portuguese dragons might be really hard
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

ivan wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:Thats unfair imo because Sioux really cant do shit vs goon spam. What are you going to do upgrade war clubs and chop wood? Come on lame
Uh, wakinas+BR?

Neither of which is a hard hard counter to Dragon as they resist range damage and cost-effectively considering Sue economy Dragon spam wins
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by Good ol Ivan »

adderbrain5 wrote:
ivan wrote:Uh, wakinas+BR?

Neither of which is a hard hard counter to Dragon as they resist range damage and cost-effectively considering Sue economy Dragon spam wins
Nah, they do okish imho.
Also RRs are too good as they are. They eat artillery and musks for breakfast.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by momuuu »

adderbrain5 wrote:
ivan wrote:Uh, wakinas+BR?

Wakinas defintely counter Dragoons and Bowriders are so broken that they do too.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

jerom wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:Neither of which is a hard hard counter to Dragon as they resist range damage and cost-effectively considering Sue economy Dragon spam wins
Wakinas defintely counter Dragoons and Bowriders are so broken that they do too.

Wakinas definately counter cav archers very efficiently that I know from experience. But do wakina br really counter FU Dragoons well enough to be cost effective? I have my doubts. As Ive said before I think your best bet vs goons is FU clubs with the Chiefs speed aura and speed card. BR is the only Sioux cav with no specific cards I may be wrong but In treaty I never upgrade them past vet even
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by Good ol Ivan »

adderbrain5 wrote:
jerom wrote:Wakinas defintely counter Dragoons and Bowriders are so broken that they do too.
Wakinas definately counter cav archers very efficiently that I know from experience. But do wakina br really counter FU Dragoons well enough to be cost effective? I have my doubts. As Ive said before I think your best bet vs goons is FU clubs with the Chiefs speed aura and speed card. BR is the only Sioux cav with no specific cards I may be wrong but In treaty I never upgrade them past vet even
Problem is you shouldnt be playing sioux if you let your opponent get FU goons.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by _venox_ »

Also warclubs are shit, low damage, easy to kite, no upgrades and compared to rodelero don't have that big ass melee resistence or that many hitpoints to soak up damage' Just another target for the enemies skirmisher that can easily be killed.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

ivan wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote: Wakinas definately counter cav archers very efficiently that I know from experience. But do wakina br really counter FU Dragoons well enough to be cost effective? I have my doubts. As Ive said before I think your best bet vs goons is FU clubs with the Chiefs speed aura and speed card. BR is the only Sioux cav with no specific cards I may be wrong but In treaty I never upgrade them past vet even
Problem is you shouldnt be playing sioux if you let your opponent get FU goons.
i happen to love playing sioux in treaties
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

ivan wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:Neither of which is a hard hard counter to Dragon as they resist range damage and cost-effectively considering Sue economy Dragon spam wins
Nah, they do okish imho.
so I just tested this in the editor. Without even kiting, 50 dragoons rapes 50 wakina with more than half the dragoons still alive... I admit that 100 wakina would probably win. yet, 50 warclubs kills the 50 dragoons easily. With wind runner and the warchief speed aura, I dont think his kiting would be such a problem vs good micro.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by _venox_ »

You need to look that you battle armies that cost the same amount of resources...
Also well microed goons should never even be touched by warclubs due to the faster speed and the 12 range.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

durokan wrote:
umeu wrote:Naww the true heavy cavalry are the pride of nations, the flower of the army.

Salute the sipahi, the mamluk, the cuirassier, the stradiot, the elmeti, the mahout and the dogsoldier. They are the masters of the charge, the walls of iron and crashing force. They are the breaker of spears and shields, thousand thundering hooves carrying forward to victory and eternal glory! CHARGE!!!
Give skull knights 2.5 extra speed and you have one damn good heavy cavalry. :) they are already the pride of the nation, all they need it coyote-runner esque speed
+1 +1+1+1
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by princeofkabul »

adderbrain5 wrote:
ivan wrote:Nah, they do okish imho.
so I just tested this in the editor. Without even kiting, 50 dragoons rapes 50 wakina with more than half the dragoons still alive... I admit that 100 wakina would probably win. yet, 50 warclubs kills the 50 dragoons easily. With wind runner and the warchief speed aura, I dont think his kiting would be such a problem vs good micro.

50 Imp gends also win 50 pikemen!
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by Papist »

As Ivan said, melee cav ARE heavy cav. Ranged cav are light cav. And Aztec get heavy cav - coyote.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Heavy cav for all civs

Post by adderbrain5 »

venox wrote:You need to look that you battle armies that cost the same amount of resources...
Also well microed goons should never even be touched by warclubs due to the faster speed and the 12 range.

With wind runner and chief aura they might catch dragoon. But if you have ran you have lost by the way because it means you''ve given up control of the map