Moesbar

Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Moesbar

Post by _venox_ »

anonymous123 wrote:
venox wrote:No shit Sherlock. Doesnt mean it would be useless though. If we would be able to ban him we would be able to ban his other accounts as well, which is a step forward.
and then? you ban 40 of his accounts he makes 40 new? it will go on forever

Every time he will get annoyed and has to spend more money into a some mediocre troll. I get a feeling you are moesbar aka klopapier or whatever.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Moesbar

Post by thebritish »

anonymous123 wrote:
venox wrote:No shit Sherlock. Doesnt mean it would be useless though. If we would be able to ban him we would be able to ban his other accounts as well, which is a step forward.
and then? you ban 40 of his accounts he makes 40 new? it will go on forever

i dont think anybody is going to spend money on buying licences for new acounts when he knows he will get banned. lol O_o
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag anonymous123
Dragoon

Moesbar

Post by anonymous123 »

venox wrote:
anonymous123 wrote:and then? you ban 40 of his accounts he makes 40 new? it will go on forever

Every time he will get annoyed and has to spend more money into a some mediocre troll. I get a feeling you are moesbar aka klopapier or whatever.
what if he is filthy rich and doesnt care for few hundered dollars? or what if he knows a way around to make new accounts without actually paying ?
No i am not moesbar but i know that guy.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Moesbar

Post by deleted_user0 »

I guess he stole the acc or something because it doesnt seem like its still klotaucher
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Moesbar

Post by thebritish »

anonymous123 wrote:
venox wrote:Every time he will get annoyed and has to spend more money into a some mediocre troll. I get a feeling you are moesbar aka klopapier or whatever.
what if he is filthy rich and doesnt care for few hundered dollars? or what if he knows a way around to make new accounts without actually paying ?
If he was filty rich, okay, but theres no way you can create ESO account without paying. (facepalm)
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag anonymous123
Dragoon

Moesbar

Post by anonymous123 »

thebritish wrote:
anonymous123 wrote:what if he is filthy rich and doesnt care for few hundered dollars? or what if he knows a way around to make new accounts without actually paying ?
If he was filty rich, okay, but theres no way you can create ESO account without paying. (facepalm)
People thought there was no way players can cheat without enabling cheats aka in rated games
I guess they were wrong. "if you dont know it doesnt mean it doesnt exist"
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Moesbar

Post by thebritish »

anonymous123 wrote:
thebritish wrote:If he was filty rich, okay, but theres no way you can create ESO account without paying. (facepalm)
People thought there was no way players can cheat without enabling cheats aka in rated games
I guess they were wrong. "if you dont know it doesnt mean it doesnt exist"

I dont think theres any way to create ESO account other than via the ESo game panel ingame. :huh:
No Flag anonymous123
Dragoon

Moesbar

Post by anonymous123 »

diarouga wrote:
anonymous123 wrote:Diarouga Thats cheating.
Ive never did that dont worry^^.

Why would I worry? Not like I lose to you :D (mostly)
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Moesbar

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

anonymous123 wrote:
diarouga wrote:Ive never did that dont worry^^.

Why would I worry? Not like I lose to you :D (mostly)
Whore you in ESO?
No Flag djsemla
Crossbow

Moesbar

Post by djsemla »

love this guy
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Moesbar

neuron wrote:I''ve sent a message to someone from Microsoft to look into this cheating method. I can''t promise anything, but I hope we will find someone at Microsoft we can collaborate with to handle this cheating problem.
I''ve also sent a link to this thread, so the discussion on this thread should be limited to this issue only.

It''s good that we have this awareness about it and that we reject it as a community which has competitive events at its core and we will try to make sure this is what we encourage (competitions based on skills, not cheats).

Microsoft will answer "We investigated and found nothing" in 3 months, nice ')
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Moesbar

Post by _H2O »

papist wrote:
incog wrote:We discussed this one before, came to the consensus that we arent going to open a blacklist thread.

You really do have to take this sort of thing to official forums. Talk to Barbarossablade.

THough yeah its a fucking joke that moes hasnt been banned yet. i know people who reported moes to barbarossa but NOTHING was done

that genuinely pisses me off. its on official agecommunity game stats that lazy bears were used in a rated game and the cheater hasnt been banned? what kind of proof do you NEED?!
Refusing to take action empowers cheaters incog. Dont complain about MS not doing anything when you know very well they wont, and that you DO have the power to do something.

And could you please tell me who came to this consensus?
Esoc staff have talked about this before. Really we do not have the power to ban cheaters. Furthermore we do not have the resources to deal with each complaint and compile full reports. Discussion of cheating and cheaters also is not a fun discussion. It does not fit what Esoc is about. This is a place to enjoy the game and have fun with each other.

Overall we know cheating sucks and cheaters ruin game experiences, but this is just not the right platform for those discussions. Also know that the staff is aware of who is cheating and if the right opportunity comes up we will work with MS to get them banned.
No Flag anonymous123
Dragoon

Moesbar

Post by anonymous123 »

diarouga wrote:
neuron wrote:Ive sent a message to someone from Microsoft to look into this cheating method. I cant promise anything, but I hope we will find someone at Microsoft we can collaborate with to handle this cheating problem.
Ive also sent a link to this thread, so the discussion on this thread should be limited to this issue only.

Its good that we have this awareness about it and that we reject it as a community which has competitive events at its core and we will try to make sure this is what we encourage (competitions based on skills, not cheats).
Microsoft will answer "We investigated and found nothing" in 3 months, nice ')
technically the fault is from MS side and some genius is just using it so it cant be termed cheating "something which game allows cant be termed cheating"
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Moesbar

Post by deleted_user0 »

Eh...? If the game didnt allow for it, it couldnt ever be used. Cheating isnt restricted to using 3rd party software, thats hacking, hes not hacking maybe, but hes surely cheating. Cheating also includes the abuse of unintended bugs etc, which is why alt-d is cheating.

Surely this is sloppy from the developers, but moesbar is still a cheater.
United States of America cedarfarms
Dragoon
ESO: Cedar_farms_

Moesbar

Post by cedarfarms »

I dont think this will ever be a big issue for the game because the community as a whole wants to have fair competitive games, just look at pausing as an example, nobody has to pause games and could easily get cheap wins by unpausing but that defeats the purpose of the game and isnt why people play a strategy game like this to get free cheap wins not based on their skill but because of their cheating. Luckily we dont have many people like this in the community, atleast i dont think.

However, I think a more subtle version of this could potentially be a problem where people dont use these mods as ways to get 100 percent wins, but more so as an almost handicap that will slightly help their chances. Ive heard rumors about a Virginia Company cheat that allows players to delete their houses as british and then obviously in turn remake them to be able to essentially make 87 wood costing villagers. Other types of cheats such as faster training units, faster gathering resources, or even slightly stronger units are possible and could really only be discovered if someone takes the time to go through the post game in detail or watch the entire recorded game. Hopefully people dont ruin the game for everyone else, long live AOE3 !
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Moesbar

Post by Papist »

h2o wrote:
papist wrote:Refusing to take action empowers cheaters incog. Dont complain about MS not doing anything when you know very well they wont, and that you DO have the power to do something.

Esoc staff have talked about this before. Really we do not have the power to ban cheaters. Furthermore we do not have the resources to deal with each complaint and compile full reports. Discussion of cheating and cheaters also is not a fun discussion. It does not fit what Esoc is about. This is a place to enjoy the game and have fun with each other.

Overall we know cheating sucks and cheaters ruin game experiences, but this is just not the right platform for those discussions. Also know that the staff is aware of who is cheating and if the right opportunity comes up we will work with MS to get them banned.
Nobody ever said you did have the power to ban cheaters. You do however have the power to partially shield the player base from them by compiling a list of known cheaters (with video and photo evidence of course) that the player base can access. This is your forum, and ultimately your decision. Last time I checked, there is no legal or moral penalty for posting screenshots of players engaging in questionable behaviors.

When management (MSG) refuses the act, it is left up to the community. Knowing that Microsoft will never act, we as a community must adapt. Penalizing cheaters for their behavior, even in a small way, is a start.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Moesbar

Post by Durokan »

:c'
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Moesbar

Post by momuuu »

I dont see the harm in a cheater blacklist either. After all, if you're just gonna keep it to one thread with screenshots (preferably 2 occasions where someone drophacks) you are going to give the cheaters consequences for their cheating. After all, its hard to find games if 90% of the community doesnt want to play with you.

Right now, there isnt too much reason to believe that cheaters are going to be banned imo. So we might aswell take the hammer of justice in our own hands.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Moesbar

lol
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Moesbar

Post by bobabu »

h2o wrote:
papist wrote:Refusing to take action empowers cheaters incog. Dont complain about MS not doing anything when you know very well they wont, and that you DO have the power to do something.

Esoc staff have talked about this before. Really we do not have the power to ban cheaters. Furthermore we do not have the resources to deal with each complaint and compile full reports. Discussion of cheating and cheaters also is not a fun discussion. It does not fit what Esoc is about. This is a place to enjoy the game and have fun with each other.?

I think its the right place to talk about cheaters. Where else should we talk about cheaters? Since I know now what moesbar is doing I will simply add him to my friends list and will go in quicksearch when he is not online or in a game. It also much easier to gather evidence and ban him. If you dont know if he is actually cheating or not and you find a thread like this you are certain that he does and you probably going to report him aswell or stop playing against him. I dont think threads like this will ruin the game. Its only one player furthermore its normal that old games have a bad support and you dont expect support or no cheaters if you buy such a cheap game. (Cheap price tag)
No Flag hellotissue
Crossbow

Moesbar

Post by hellotissue »

Moesbar's elo rating is #7 now...
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Moesbar

Post by Papist »

Every day that this guy is not revealed to the entire community for what he is, is one more failure.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Moesbar

Post by Papist »

Moesbar is a great candidate for an IP ban.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Moesbar

Post by _venox_ »

YOu can ban ip adresses?? what if typed in wrong adress..
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.