Postgame music

India _DB_
Howdah

Postgame music

Post by _DB_ »

I don't know if anyone even clicks up the postgame. You must.

I did a trick with tad. I changed the default postgame music with the revolution lose music("Didn't see it coming"). This perfectly fits it, when you lose it fits more.

To realise you've lost a game, click below-

[video src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAkctKMX6MA"][/video]
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
No Flag edehollandsbrother
Musketeer

Postgame music

Post by edehollandsbrother »

This music makes me think of medieval wars.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Postgame music

Post by Good ol Ivan »

How's called the postgame music you get if you win after revolting?
I like it.
India _DB_
Howdah

Postgame music

Post by _DB_ »

ivan wrote:How''s called the postgame music you get if you win after revolting?
I like it.
GeluAustrinum, it''s called.
Anyway I prefer lose after revolt music over win revolt music :)
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Postgame music

Post by Papist »

That seems like good war music in general. War is not something to celebrate, even when it results in victory.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Postgame music

Post by momuuu »

papist wrote:That seems like good war music in general. War is not something to celebrate, even when it results in victory.

except for flame wars. Those shoud alwsays be celebrated.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Postgame music

Post by zoom »

RAGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Postgame music

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

papist wrote:That seems like good war music in general. War is not something to celebrate, even when it results in victory.
It''s just a game guys
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Postgame music

Post by Good ol Ivan »

Not necesarilly. War itself should be celebrated if the conditions which caused it outweigh enough it''s own devastation.
Usually though it''s not celebrated, but glorified. It''s the end and the beginning - for better and worse.

Not that any of that applies here because it''s just a game.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Postgame music

Post by Papist »

ivan wrote:
Not necesarilly. War itself should be celebrated if the conditions which caused it outweigh enough its own devastation.
Usually though its not celebrated, but glorified. Its the end and the beginning - for better and worse.

Not that any of that applies here because its just a game.
I would say it is the other way around. Victories should be celebrated (depending on what they result in of course), but glorification implies that something is becoming whitewashed. That leaves people far more willing to start more wars.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Postgame music

Post by Papist »

bramboy wrote:
Its just a game guys
Im not saying AoE is anything more. I am just saying it suits the tone of a war game.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Postgame music

Post by Good ol Ivan »

papist wrote:
ivan wrote:Not necesarilly. War itself should be celebrated if the conditions which caused it outweigh enough its own devastation.
Usually though its not celebrated, but glorified. Its the end and the beginning - for better and worse.

Not that any of that applies here because its just a game.
I would say it is the other way around. Victories should be celebrated (depending on what they result in of course), but glorification implies that something is becoming whitewashed. That leaves people far more willing to start more wars.
Victories are celebrated and defeats are coped with bitterness, but thats a different matter.

I see wars as an inevitable and even necessary evil. A war is like a forest fire. Devastating and deadly, but from the ashes of what has died, a new forest grows. For better and worse, theres a new beginning at the end: nature fixes a cycle.
If not for war, many breakthroughs in medication, technology, and communications would probably have never happened. More than making some money to afford luxuries, need is what fosters us human to make up new breakthroughs.
War ends political and social paradigms and paths the way for new ones. From war we have peace today.

Though I see nothing glorious in wars today, but I sure dont think of war the same way you do.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Postgame music

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Where do I replace in game music?

edit: the beautiful music stopped as soon as I clicked reply. Biggest regret in my life.
India _DB_
Howdah

Postgame music

Post by _DB_ »

bramboy wrote:Where do I replace in game music?

edit: the beautiful music stopped as soon as I clicked reply. Biggest regret in my life.
1)Go to-
C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesAge of Empires IIISoundXPackMusicInterface
2)Find Didntseeitcoming.mp3
3)Copy didntseeitcoming.mp3 to this location:
C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesAge of Empires IIISoundmusicinterface
4)Make backup of Niceterium i.e., move it to other location.
5)Rename Didntseeitcoming to Niceterium.

Enjoy!
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Postgame music

Post by pecelot »

Yeah, definitely worth it, my favourite music in the whole AoE series. I struggled to find that because I didn't know it was TWC music... It is being played in one version of Base deffet scenario.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Postgame music

Post by Marco1698 »

subzero wrote:
bramboy wrote:Where do I replace in game music?

1)Go to-

Enjoy!

What is this ?
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Postgame music

Post by Papist »

ivan wrote:
papist wrote:I would say it is the other way around. Victories should be celebrated (depending on what they result in of course), but glorification implies that something is becoming whitewashed. That leaves people far more willing to start more wars.
Victories are celebrated and defeats are coped with bitterness, but thats a different matter.

I see wars as an inevitable and even necessary evil. A war is like a forest fire. Devastating and deadly, but from the ashes of what has died, a new forest grows. For better and worse, theres a new beginning at the end: nature fixes a cycle.
If not for war, many breakthroughs in medication, technology, and communications would probably have never happened. More than making some money to afford luxuries, need is what fosters us human to make up new breakthroughs.
War ends political and social paradigms and paths the way for new ones. From war we have peace today.

Though I see nothing glorious in wars today, but I sure dont think of war the same way you do.
Wars may be necessary, but that does not mean that people should be quick to fire their weapons in a time of crisis. Many unnecessary conflicts have emerged this way. War should be a last resort when all diplomatic and economic methods have failed, not a knee jerk reaction when people have a conflict. Remember that those soldiers that so many are eager to send into the meat grinder are thinking, feeling human beings - you had better have a damned good reason for sending them off, one that outweighs potentially turning their wives into widows and their children into orphans.

I am also a bit sickened by your forest metaphor. You are basically saying that losing millions of lives is worth it as long as the rest of us get to live more affluent lives. While I do not disagree that war has led to the hasty development of important technologies, you are suggesting that we should not seek to end conflicts because they lead to us getting more cool stuff. Most of the advancements you mention have been more effective ways of killing people by the way.

War does not end conflicts, it only fosters more. By fighting wars, one sets the stage for more. Just look at the World Wars. The "War to End All Wars"(WW1) that was supposed to finally bring peace to Europe did nothing of the sort - it simply set the stage for the Second World War, one that was destined to be far more terrible than the first. While it is tempting to deal with international conflicts with a few missiles and bombs, this does not make the world a more peaceful place. The Romans made a habit of making war on the tribes they encountered in the name of lasting peace - we all saw where that got them.
India _DB_
Howdah

Postgame music

Post by _DB_ »

marco1698 wrote:
subzero wrote:1)Go to-

Enjoy!

What is this ?
These are steps to replace in-game postgame music with the music in the thread video (didntseeitcoming.mp3)

This works for every music. You can also change main menu music, in-game running music with any of the music you want. The condition is that the file should be mp3.

PS: This topic is about music, not serious war lol. Keep calm and music on :)
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Postgame music

Post by pecelot »

Oh, nice, I changed interface music from TAD to TWC, it's much better!
India _DB_
Howdah

Postgame music

Post by _DB_ »

pecelot wrote:Oh, nice, I changed interface music from TAD to TWC, it''s much better!
I tried that too a lot ago. It was too good!

But I later changed TAD to nilla music. I love that too :)
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Postgame music

Post by pecelot »

Yes, nilla is nice too, it's just that I don't like TAD (the whole expansion actually).
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Postgame music

Post by Good ol Ivan »

papist wrote:I am also a bit sickened by your forest metaphor. You are basically saying that losing millions of lives is worth it as long as the rest of us get to live more affluent lives.

While I do not disagree that war has led to the hasty development of important technologies, you are suggesting that we should not seek to end conflicts because they lead to us getting more cool stuff. Most of the advancements you mention have been more effective ways of killing people by the way.
Not precisely. Im saying it isnt all that simple and black/white as you would like to think.

papist wrote:War does not end conflicts, it only fosters more. By fighting wars, one sets the stage for more. Just look at the World Wars. The "War to End All Wars"(WW1) that was supposed to finally bring peace to Europe did nothing of the sort - it simply set the stage for the Second World War, one that was destined to be far more terrible than the first.
Thats completely wrong though. WW1 was actually the turning point where wars stopped being seen glorious and a way to demonstrate the pride/power of their nation. Between the trenches, bombings, chemical weapons in WW1, none of the central powers benefited anyhow from the war. It wasnt precisely the war itself which caused WW2, it was the treaty of Versailles which put all the weight and blame on the war of Germany - the central powers wanted to benefit from Germany and usurp as much as they could, which caused a high revanchism amongst the folk (many of whom didnt think Germany should have surrendered in the first place) and eventually lead to WW2 - in other words, there were more factors involved. If not for WW1, its hard to tell what would have happened, but I doubt peace would have lasted long in Europe between the ethnic conflicts in Austria-Hungary and European imperialistic ambitions.
However, since WW1, WW2 was the only major conflict in Europe between warring nations.
And WW2, unlike WW1, was an ideological war.

papist wrote:The Romans made a habit of making war on the tribes they encountered in the name of lasting peace - we all saw where that got them.
...because the tribes they encountered were noble pacific savages which would under no circumstance war each other if not for the warmongering Romans :rolleyes: - not only did Europe see peace through Pax Romanica, but the Roman empire lasted quite long (considering the Byzantines survived up to 1453) and didnt precisely went extinct because it was a warmongering nation...

In fact, its the complete other way round: pacifist cultures are the ones whose fate is extinction. A good example would be the complete extinction of the peoples of the Moriori tribe, who welcomed the warring Maori on their island.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Postgame music

Post by Good ol Ivan »

EndCredits_606b/KOTH is also bretty good
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Postgame music

Post by momuuu »

Honestly, all of aoe3's music is absolutely amazing. Did it win any awards for the music? Because it should have imo.

This also reminded me that I wanted to make a guitar cover of the main theme.

Also: https://youtu.be/j5Q0mxY9Ivc
India _DB_
Howdah

Postgame music

Post by _DB_ »

jerom wrote:Honestly, all of aoe3''s music is absolutely amazing. Did it win any awards for the music? Because it should have imo.

This also reminded me that I wanted to make a guitar cover of the main theme.

Also: https://youtu.be/j5Q0mxY9Ivc
I love felonious junk.

I put that music for the beginning of the game in place of muptop and moved all the music so I can concentrate better in actual aoe 3 micro :)