Feedback on ESOC

What is the general feeling of ESOC threads and posts?

Highly positive
92%
Slightly positive
8%
Slightly negative
No votes
Highly negative
No votes

Total votes: 66

No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Feedback on ESOC

Post by bart331 »

ivan wrote:
bart331 wrote:The only thing i dislike is the trend of swearing with aids. A fine example can be seen above, i dont know what it is with kids these days and their obsession with aids but imo we should keep such behaviour out of this forums.

And unban bpds he flames a lot but at least he was creative and funny sometimes!
you mad cuz ur gay?? lmaao
or should I say
butthurt

This is the perfect level of maturity to illustrate my earlier post, ty
India _DB_
Howdah

Feedback on ESOC

Post by _DB_ »

Flamming pointfully (i.e., flamming that has some point, idk if it even exists). That must be valid.

Banning bpds was fair, his flamming was pointless. He does 90% more flamming than he actually makes a good reply. All his replies were a supplement to his flame thrower business.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Feedback on ESOC

Post by deleted_user0 »

diarouga wrote:
umeu wrote:I dont flame, i just tell the truth. Some people cant handle the truth
your truth*

Is there any other?
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Feedback on ESOC

Post by blackout »

highly positive
still:
why is the esoc youtube channel not in the "community links" sidebar? and why is nobody really taking care about this channel? it could be full of awesome games with a bunch of different casters and players. it could potentially be the best channel of aoe3 just because of the amount of content produced during the tournament.
No Flag yoda
Musketeer

Feedback on ESOC

Post by yoda »

incog wrote:
yoda wrote:some people just be abusive for no reason. maybe its immaturity. other than that, its pretty sound!
Are you talking about mods being abusive or other users?

As for threads being locked, here is basically how we try to moderate the forums. First off, realize that the forum is still pretty new and that the influx of new users is constant. So moderation policy is something that is being continually adjusted to best suit our goals.

We want the forums to be an active place, with lots of interesting discussion. We specifically left the off topic open to any discussion as long no personal attacks or blatant hate take place (or stuff against terms of use, etc.). Someone should be able to come to these forums and discuss anything they want. Were looking for the forums to be a place where users "moderate" themselves with minimal moderation.

Its not always easy because this openess leaves us open to some trolling or flaming. Were looking for ways to keep it open without leaving openings for trolls and so far it does seem to do all right, but there is still some work to do, for sure.

This is definitely the time to give feedback as to why you think a thread should or shouldnt have been closed. If you think threads are closed on moderators whims, then youre a bit off the mark. We consider most threads quite carefully. Sometimes its hard to check every thread perfectly and make the right call.

Cheating accusations have of course been specifically left out for reasons mentioned before.
Not Mods, other users, its a select group. They always seem to bring adolescent drama to threads that are created to make themselves feel included and be the centre of attention. Sad, if you ask me.

You guys have done a great job with the forums. Its nicely presented, easy to navigate, and has for the most part, helpful and friendly users.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Feedback on ESOC

Post by aligator92 »

Highly positive. The best game in the world is only fun for so long when ur are playing it alone. But having a lively community is what makes it fun for an extended period of time. I highly appreciate all the work the staff put into this site and the tournaments. As far as the posts and threads go most of them are interesting and helpful and people treat each other with respect.
However a certain amount of threads seam to always get out of hand and explode into some youtube style chaos but i guess thats what u get in a world of anomity and free of consequences which is the internet. So I guess there is not much you can do about it. I think there is just no reason to ever start insulting each other instead of just agree to disagree.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Feedback on ESOC

Post by thebritish »

I am here almost 1h per day ')
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Feedback on ESOC

Post by _H2O »

Great comments guys. As for the moderation, we are discussing that and will look at changes we can make to keep the forums as positive as possible.

Our main YouTube guy Edeholland is out right now but we are working on updating YouTube now. That should be smoother going forward. Good point that it should be in the sidebar neuron will look at that!
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Feedback on ESOC

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Also I don't know why you didn't banned dogsoldier (irish) for smurfing in this tourney.
No Flag musketjr
Lancer

Feedback on ESOC

Post by musketjr »

umeu wrote:I like the atmosphere posts, such as done by gs, musketjr soldier mitoe and others with updates, speculation and summaries about the tournament.

Downside: you corrupted gs into becoming a tyrannic threadclosing monster

he''s pretty against closing threads tbh
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Feedback on ESOC

Post by bart331 »

Ye lol, if it was up to others the banhammer wud swing violently in this forums.

Bpds did an awesome effort to convince ppl he rly shud be banned
France iNcog
Ninja

Feedback on ESOC

Post by iNcog »

Here's my own question to members:

Can you link threads which you felt shouldn't have been closed and link threads which you felt were injustly closed?

Asking gibson in particular here

Our goal being to allow any discussion to take place so as long as it's not hateful or personal

banter is something else
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Feedback on ESOC

Post by deleted_user0 »

diarouga wrote:Also I don''t know why you didn''t banned dogsoldier (irish) for smurfing in this tourney.

How are u so sure it was him?

@musketjr i know he doesnt like to. It was a joke, tho he did close a few lately, so there is a core of truth
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Feedback on ESOC

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

umeu wrote:
diarouga wrote:Also I dont know why you didnt banned dogsoldier (irish) for smurfing in this tourney.

@musketjr i know he doesnt like to. It was a joke, tho he did close a few lately, so there is a core of truth
Well, Im 90% sure it was him.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Feedback on ESOC

Post by deleted_user0 »

I get that, im asking why. Can pm me if u dont want to post it here
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Feedback on ESOC

Post by zoom »

blackout wrote:highly positive
still:
why is the esoc youtube channel not in the "community links" sidebar? and why is nobody really taking care about this channel? it could be full of awesome games with a bunch of different casters and players. it could potentially be the best channel of aoe3 just because of the amount of content produced during the tournament.
Yeah it''s pretty pathetic so far. I''m sure they''re intent on changing that however...
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Feedback on ESOC

Post by zoom »

h2o wrote:Great comments guys. As for the moderation, we are discussing that and will look at changes we can make to keep the forums as positive as possible.

Our main YouTube guy Edeholland is out right now but we are working on updating YouTube now. That should be smoother going forward. Good point that it should be in the sidebar neuron will look at that!
Ooooooh....
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Feedback on ESOC

Post by gibson »

incog wrote:Here''s my own question to members:

Can you link threads which you felt shouldn''t have been closed and link threads which you felt were injustly closed?

Our goal being to allow any discussion to take place so as long as it''s not hateful or personal

banter is something else

unfortunately I am on mobile and will be for the next three weeks so tracking down all the links is gonna be a pain in the ass. But basically, go to any thread that has heel locked, and I can find a thread with similar content that was not looked. For example this moesbar thread. The most consistent locking of threads was due to cheating accusations, and yet somehow this thread which has many cheating accusations in it, and I''d about a cheating accusation, has been open for a week or so.

Also, there are many posts by certain people that some have called racist/antisemitic. Sometime threads with these posts get locked and someone gets a warning, sometimes not. Anyone making blatantly racist comments should be banned. This isn''t r/coonvil for fucks sake.

I understand that the mods are people, aoe3 players too, but there should be a line that if people cross it, they are banned. Or at the very least given a warning and then if they continue are banned.
France iNcog
Ninja

Feedback on ESOC

Post by iNcog »

Moesbar thread was left open to discuss and raise awareness around the cheat. It's not really an accusation anymore. I understand your point.

Rules have been updated since and racist posts aren't really tolerated here either way. However you need to be really careful to distinguish true hateful posting from tasteless jokes. I'd have already had to ban a few people if I moderated people making fun of the French for example. The same can be said for flaming.

Overmoderating these forums would do a lot more harm than good. Perhaps we get a few bad posts here and there but we're getting less and less of them

People are also warned quite regularly, we only use the red text and actual bans when it becomes absolutely necessary.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Feedback on ESOC

Post by 91 »

I like the fact that players of all levels are welcomed and higher ranked players dont "pick on" lower ranked, but actually takes things seriously and help out. (Havent read all posts, but this is the general feeling I have) :)
United States of America godzillaking
Skirmisher
Donator 03

Feedback on ESOC

Post by godzillaking »

All you guys are doing an amazing job. As long as you guys are having fun doing this the community will stay strong and continue to grow.

I will be throwing some money toward the next tournament so you guys can keep going on this stuff.
No Flag titumir
Musketeer

Feedback on ESOC

Post by titumir »

I want bpdscolony to be the main admin of this site. It will fulfill my last living will. bpds is the best &' qualified person for running forum like this. Lets vote for bpds people.

[img][/img][img]http://s1.postimg.org/8j1xoirmn/auto_199408.jpg[/img]
No Flag Jocroy
Musketeer

Feedback on ESOC

Post by Jocroy »

Highly positive, because of musketjr's avatar.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Feedback on ESOC

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

umeu wrote:
diarouga wrote:Also I dont know why you didnt banned dogsoldier (irish) for smurfing in this tourney.

He made a dutch hc in game 2 and played perfect dutch without playing dutch ever. Even if it wasnt Irish, he definitely got smurfed.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Feedback on ESOC

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:
incog wrote:Heres my own question to members:

Can you link threads which you felt shouldnt have been closed and link threads which you felt were injustly closed?

Our goal being to allow any discussion to take place so as long as its not hateful or personal

banter is something else
unfortunately I am on mobile and will be for the next three weeks so tracking down all the links is gonna be a pain in the ass. But basically, go to any thread that has heel locked, and I can find a thread with similar content that was not looked. For example this moesbar thread. The most consistent locking of threads was due to cheating accusations, and yet somehow this thread which has many cheating accusations in it, and Id about a cheating accusation, has been open for a week or so.

Also, there are many posts by certain people that some have called racist/antisemitic. Sometime threads with these posts get locked and someone gets a warning, sometimes not. Anyone making blatantly racist comments should be banned. This isnt r/coonvil for fucks sake.

I understand that the mods are people, aoe3 players too, but there should be a line that if people cross it, they are banned. Or at the very least given a warning and then if they continue are banned.

Incog is using racial slurs all the time, expect no help that way