The Call for Community Commentary

Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

My card decks and hotkeys and other things are outdated. Also I like the ui big and juicy.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag janphilippr
Crossbow

Post by janphilippr »

So what still bothers me about the current status quo, is that the content is still made in a way that I get the feeling that it addresses mainly the elite and cr?me de la cr?me of AoE 3's players, personally speaking. Now that's mainly because I have been having this game since 2009 and only played treaty back then and have only just now came back and tried to take a look at the competitive scene. And it turned out for me that there was so much I did not know about the game. I think that there are, especially because of the Steam Sales, a bunch of AoE 3 newbies who have to be ideally introduced to the community and to the more competitive site of AoE 3 other than just casual games.

In my opinion, I think that these players should have a way to bombard the more experienced players with questions. The "Ask me Anything" and "H2O Explains" series is already a step in the right direction and I also picked up that Interjection is going to continue with his tips and tricks series to which I am really looking forward to. Yet I think we should still put more effort into creating a platform for newer players because everybody knows that RTS's can be quite scary for newbies mainly because of the fact that they are really hard to master.

You could, for example, make some sort of "New player commentary". By that, I mean that one really experienced player casts a game with newer or more inexperienced player who asks the more experienced player about decision making, unit choice, build orders and all the other stuff that is important to learn the game. I have seen this style of casting in the competitive Dota 2 scene where this created a very fluent conversation where nobody came into the awkward situations in which they just do not know what to say.

Practically you could also replace the Co-Caster with an experienced player who acts dumb on purpose that should work as well.

Now I can only speak from my experience and would like to hear your opinion on this matter maybe we can get some conscripts up to a higher PR at some point and not just lose them in the phase where they might be interested in investing more time into this awesome game.

P.S.

I am obviously talking about video content and not about written guides. Veni's and Godspeed's guides are an awesome contribution to the community!
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

I am playing from new home cities on a new account. Would it be helpful to people if I explained everything I did? I have been trying to about things more rather than just doing then naturally. I could explain why I am choosing certain cards etc.. as I level up my HC.
mad cuz bad
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

good message janr
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

venox wrote:You don''t know how I sound like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8MxtWvXbl8

I liked it. Your english is good enough to commentate imo, little more practice and its great!

next time I''ll co cast with you, and then everyone watching will be like "where the fuck are these guys from? those 2 accents.."