About iro

You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

About iro

Post by Marco1698 »

What makes iro so OP? Is there a very nice player with this civ? I would to learn iro because I would play better civ on rated games
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

About iro

Post by momuuu »

Because they have more stuff more quickly than any civ in the game. Im not 100% sure, but thats probably because they start with a disgusting amount of crates. You could basically count the travois as a free 150 wood or whatever the longhouse costs. So they just start off much quicker than other civs, which ends up snowballing into a bigger and bigger advantage. Also, some shipments (4 kanya for example) are OP and they have the ability to do an extremely quick Big button rush.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

About iro

Post by Good ol Ivan »

Quick colonial + early TP (or hunting dogs) + free war hut + war chief aura + lots of colonial inf cards. So basically they have an exceptional rush, are able to get map control quickly, and get guard infantry in colonial. They just have way too many advantages through early game.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

About iro

Post by momuuu »

Also, their fortress is really strong aswell. Theyre basically a complete civ that has everything youd want a civ to have. They can even do a succesful FI.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

About iro

Post by adderbrain5 »

I got a lot of trouble with Iroquois late game though vs heavy heavy cav like cuir and elmetii. Iros musk rider are horrendously expensive and not that effective
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

About iro

Post by bart331 »

Go tomas with light cannon age4. Use big buttons to get a quick mass and send the resource crates, they are op
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

About iro

Post by Marco1698 »

I watched a h2o rec game from pk clan tournament and seems like the first stuff is to make a market plus hunting dogs. He keep like 8 vills to wood for a house and send 7aenna then 6toma ecc. So aggressive cards unless he is playing mirror so he would go 600w after 7 aenna because he builds a stable so keep Kanya spam. I am really surprised on how much damage iro can does on his opponent. I don't understand what's the exact card order I need to know when to send upgrades for example :). Also I am not sure if 4v is better than 6 Kanya on the deck
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

About iro

Post by pecelot »

lol just read some GoodSpeed's guides...
and watch THAT Saturday Smackdown, game 3 between Boneng and Mitoe
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

About iro

Post by bart331 »

Btw dont play iro if you want to learn anything, go aztec / russia/india iif you like aggressive civs. Iro is just insane. Playing iro for pixelpoints is just retarded
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

About iro

Post by Good ol Ivan »

marco1698 wrote:I watched a h2o rec game from pk clan tournament and seems like the first stuff is to make a market plus hunting dogs. He keep like 8 vills to wood for a house and send 7aenna then 6toma ecc. So aggressive cards unless he is playing mirror so he would go 600w after 7 aenna because he builds a stable so keep Kanya spam. I am really surprised on how much damage iro can does on his opponent. I don''t understand what''s the exact card order I need to know when to send upgrades for example :). Also I am not sure if 4v is better than 6 Kanya on the deck
Silly question, you must have both.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

About iro

Post by zoom »

adderbrain5 wrote:I got a lot of trouble with Iroquois late game though vs heavy heavy cav like cuir and elmetii. Iros musk rider are horrendously expensive and not that effective
Actually, Musket Riders are a good deal more cost efficient than Dragoons' it''s just that they don''t scale as well as Dragoons typically do.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

About iro

Post by yurashic »

marco1698 wrote:I watched a h2o rec game from pk clan tournament and seems like the first stuff is to make a market plus hunting dogs. He keep like 8 vills to wood for a house and send 7aenna then 6toma ecc. So aggressive cards unless he is playing mirror so he would go 600w after 7 aenna because he builds a stable so keep Kanya spam. I am really surprised on how much damage iro can does on his opponent. I don''t understand what''s the exact card order I need to know when to send upgrades for example :). Also I am not sure if 4v is better than 6 Kanya on the deck
Card order may vary depending on the map and match up.

Normally you ship 3 v first, build a tp with any start and tp+market+dogs with 300 wood start, age with 15 vills. Chop for a house in transition, put all on food. Make 2 vills, get the big button out for 5 toma, ship 4 kanya. Delay your shipment so you ship them to your warhut. Warhut takes 20 sec to build, kanya take 40 sec to arrive.

After that card order changes.

Long-term colonial build - 4k ->' 600w (stable and market from it) ->' 5v ->' army ->' army ->' upgrades.

Rush - 4k ->' army ->' army :)

Iro mirror build - 4k ->' 600 w (stable) ->' army

Against civs you cant hurt early like India or Brit I like the full eco build - 5 v ->' 4 v ->' 600 w ->' army.

Against otto and a couple other civs you should ff. To ff age with the wise woman, gather 300 gold in transition and food, ship 600 gold ->' 5 v and age with the fast option. Turn your travois from age 3 into a stable, ship 1200 res. Use wood crates for houses and food/gold for military production.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

About iro

Post by adderbrain5 »

zoom wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:I got a lot of trouble with Iroquois late game though vs heavy heavy cav like cuir and elmetii. Iros musk rider are horrendously expensive and not that effective
Actually, Musket Riders are a good deal more cost efficient than Dragoons' its just that they dont scale as well as Dragoons typically do.

not when you consider iros 2cnd to worst gold gathering rates in the game.they train too slow as well. In my opinion the only thing going for musk rider is their 2x bonus vs art which makes them decent art killers on melee in a pinch