consulate export manipulation

No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

I have never seen it being used but one can configure the consulate to generate exp 60% faster for a 10% decrease in gather rate...has anyone used this at a high level ? is it viable?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Is there someone whod like to calculate which one gives you more value?
United States of America cedarfarms
Dragoon
ESO: Cedar_farms_

Post by cedarfarms »

i feel like this might be good sometimes if you like could really use the consulate army or some improvement, i mean 60 percent increase for just a 10 percent decrease sounds good i guess, its like +60 but -30 if you are gathering all 3 resources
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I think at least until like 11-12 minutes it's not worth it because with that few vills it still probably takes a few minutes to gather 400 export and you just loose control of the game for those few mins until you get 400 export.
With Japan its not so bad because you train yamabushi for like 60e i think but my guess is just making ashi is still probably better.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

but i feel it can be very useful when pressured for india... switching cons to get mm faster, china could use it to get the 6 red coats faster etc.... dont think its very useful for japan
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Speaking of export, has anyone ever used the option to age to V using export with the Japanese consulate? I've always thought that by the time you gather 4000 export you probably should be in age V already. You also don't get a wonder aging this way.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Post by Good ol Ivan »

metis wrote:Speaking of export, has anyone ever used the option to age to V using export with the Japanese consulate? I''ve always thought that by the time you gather 4000 export you probably should be in age V already. You also don''t get a wonder aging this way.
might work with the card that converts coin into export. But that''d be literally wasting 1 card to age up to imperial without a wonder as Japan...
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

ivan wrote:
metis wrote:Speaking of export, has anyone ever used the option to age to V using export with the Japanese consulate? Ive always thought that by the time you gather 4000 export you probably should be in age V already. You also dont get a wonder aging this way.
might work with the card that converts coin into export. But thatd be literally wasting 1 card to age up to imperial without a wonder as Japan...
wont work with that card also... gold is exchanged for fewer exp.... makes no sense to gather so much gold
Belgium LegalPenguin
Musketeer
ESO: LegalPenguin

Re: consulate export manipulation

Post by LegalPenguin »

Instead of creating a new thread, I'd like to continue this one.

Now that the meta is quite different than in 2015, does anyone think it's worth it to change the export gather rates?
I imagine that for the Japan Isolation, it could be quite good for unit production, but what about other consulate alliances?
I'd like to experiment with something like China - Good Faith agreements - 300 export - French alliance - All the crates for units - grenadiers.
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's ...
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

On france if you have it set to the 5% one it almost exactly cancels out the penalty/consulate bonus and you can basically use the bonus as +35% export generation as a passive bonus. I actually legitimately would think this is viable what with all the other options getting nerfed
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

while that is true, you would want to make use of the passive bonus as well @dansil92
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

The passive bonus is now faster export in that case.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

harcha wrote:while that is true, you would want to make use of the passive bonus as well @dansil92
What I'm implying is that you're able to pick between +5% eco OR +35% export as a passive bonus
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

yes, but france consulate is more of a short-term thing anyway. you either do the crates and switch off or go for a gren rush and game is then decided
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

does export gather at a constant rate? does it still gather if your vills are hiding in the TC, or does it depend on having your vills out gathering other resources? because I could see being really good to change the consulate gather rate if you're china going to age3 and your vills are hiding in the TC for long periods of time
China Zeke
Dragoon
ESO: XYH

Post by Zeke »

Squamiger wrote:does export gather at a constant rate? does it still gather if your vills are hiding in the TC, or does it depend on having your vills out gathering other resources? because I could see being really good to change the consulate gather rate if you're china going to age3 and your vills are hiding in the TC for long periods of time
Vills only gather export when they are working, so can't get more exp when they are idling in tc
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I used to switch the jap cons one to get more clubs out. It's more of a strategic choice than an efficiency one. Later, with the refinement of the Jap FF there was no more need for that.
Image Image Image
China Zeke
Dragoon
ESO: XYH

Post by Zeke »

The most used one is still when u are close to get out another army or tech
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Yea it’s not efficient, but there are times it can be good, if ur getting ready to push and are at like 380 export it can be good to switch just til u get to 400 with India or China or like Garja said u can temporarily with jap to get out another club or 2
United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

Post by alistairpeter »

I asked this a few years back and h2O told me it was a bad idea. Needless to say I have ignored that button since
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

alistairpeter wrote:I asked this a few years back and h2O told me it was a bad idea. Needless to say I have ignored that button since
Well probably as bad as buying wood when the market price is at 150 or so. Still i would do that any time if it means squeezing the units out i need to win. So i think its reasonable to do if ure waiting on sth important (like musk Falc army from brits) but i wouldnt recommend it to do often since yeah u lose res effectively.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

ah there is one thing I wanted to ask about the different export rates. Does it affect the rate at which your vils deplete a resource?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

helln00 wrote:ah there is one thing I wanted to ask about the different export rates. Does it affect the rate at which your vils deplete a resource?
as the 5% and 10% options state - it's reduced gather rate in exchange for additional export. so yes - resources are depleted 5% and 10% slower as appropriate.

it's not like you mine some coin but it's shipped off to other colonies in exchanged for export and your mines end up being lesser than they should be...
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

thats good to know, I just wanted to check in case its like some weird thing like aoe 2 mayan magic
Belgium LegalPenguin
Musketeer
ESO: LegalPenguin

Post by LegalPenguin »

Couldn't you do something with China like:
- start with village + TP
- gather 400 wood in transition
- build consulate and a village
- shift gather rate to 10%
- gather the fastest resource (food) to gain the most export
- send 700 wood (which I imagine also gathers export)
- build rax + banner armies with wood
- send 300 export
- use the export for early strong units (with French Consulate get some grens and crates for more units, German Consulate for more units and doppels against cav+siege, Russian Consulate for some sweet cav as China or Brits for strong musks and stronger units)
- use timing to destroy enemy

Or is this too slow?
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's ...