GamingLevel

What do u think about the game level?Why dont we see new "pros"?

Lets just make random esoc posts where we look insane and never actually play the game.
8%
Eh,just gonna watch stream.Why should i bother to play when others can?
34%
There's no point to play the game,too much work to get good.
26%
Because u cant use cheats like moesbar.
32%

Total votes: 76

No Flag blackstarop
Skirmisher

GamingLevel

Post by blackstarop »

I expect some honest answers here.
No Flag janphilippr
Crossbow

GamingLevel

Post by janphilippr »

The diversity of answers leaves a lot to be desired...
No Flag bpdscolony123
Dragoon

GamingLevel

Post by bpdscolony123 »

very good thread,blackstar!we need more people like you to make this interesting and educated threads!not some boring people like Ovi12 or Marco.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

GamingLevel

Post by _H2O »

Been there done that needs to be an option.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

GamingLevel

Post by Jaeger »

bpdscolony123 wrote:very good thread,blackstar!we need more people like you to make this interesting and educated threads!not some boring people like Ovi12 or Marco.
we need less people like you who are a waste of mass
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag bpdscolony123
Dragoon

GamingLevel

Post by bpdscolony123 »

lol ovi,nobody cares about u and ur pointless threads,you got big mouth but scarred to play,go vote 1st option,describes u best son!
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

GamingLevel

Post by samwise12 »

"why should i look for ways to improve, when i can just blame lag" or something to that effect.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

GamingLevel

Post by yemshi »

I prefer watching pros then playing myself, mainly beacuse I lose to often to think that it'd worth it.
If I'd have a higher winrate/higher PR I'd play more just because it's funnier to win then to lose.
But same story' If I don't play much I won't get better that fast. So I picked Nr. 2
No Flag janphilippr
Crossbow

GamingLevel

Post by janphilippr »

irr3alist wrote:i voted moesbar ~ tbh... s
yeah 10 learicorns within 10 seconds of the game are great :lemon:
No Flag blackstarop
Skirmisher

GamingLevel

Post by blackstarop »

yemshi wrote:I prefer watching pros then playing myself, mainly beacuse I lose to often to think that it''d worth it.
If I''d have a higher winrate/higher PR I''d play more just because it''s funnier to win then to lose.
But same story' If I don''t play much I won''t get better that fast. So I picked Nr. 2
Losing is part of the game.Ofc u lose more at the beggining,everyone does,u just gotta keep playing and rethink your mistakes and what u could have done better in order to win the game.
France benj89
Howdah

GamingLevel

Post by benj89 »

thought the answer was obvious. new pros are young (means the game attract ppl in general) or motivated by money, here the average age is kinda high and cash prize are low.
-->' who would spend enough time to be top 3 on aoe at 20ish years old considering they would start right now, or who would spend this time to eventually win $500 3 times a year? no one
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag blackbob68
Skirmisher

GamingLevel

Post by blackbob68 »

I wanna say thank you to my boy roby to make such an interesting thread!
#Makememod
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

GamingLevel

Post by lordraphael »

We need the option "I'm already the best I just can never show it "
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag blackstarop
Skirmisher

GamingLevel

Post by blackstarop »

lordraphael wrote:We need the option "I''m already the best I just can never show it "
Haha yeah,should have added that one aswell:)!
No Flag blackstarop
Skirmisher

GamingLevel

Post by blackstarop »

benj89 wrote:thought the answer was obvious. new pros are young (means the game attract ppl in general) or motivated by money, here the average age is kinda high and cash prize are low.
-->' who would spend enough time to be top 3 on aoe at 20ish years old considering they would start right now, or who would spend this time to eventually win $500 3 times a year? no one
There are many people who play this game since like 2007 and are still active, but for some reason they just dont reach a high level.
No Flag bpdscolony123
Dragoon

GamingLevel

Post by bpdscolony123 »

neuron wrote:My excuse is I dont really have time to play seriously. 8-)

blackstar wrote:There are many people who play this game since like 2007 and are still active, but for some reason they just dont reach a high level.
I always wondered about that. Ive seen lots of accounts of players with very low PR who never improved, although they had thousands of games played.
garja is good example here
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

GamingLevel

Post by CuCkO0 »

It really isn't that easy to get decent. It takes up A LOT of time and dedication. Which, is something a lot of people probably don't have.
KINGofOsmane wrote:If Elo is down what are we even fighting for
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

GamingLevel

Post by MCJim »

To be a number one player you have to be smart as well. To have a good evaluation after a loss, asks pretty much of your brain. If you never do this, you won't improve.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

GamingLevel

Post by Garja »

Dunno if this is serious or troll, but it is definitely a mix of A, B and additionally I think the general level is worse than in past because ppl has less strategy/rts background.
Ah also it''s the money that attracts "pros". And this game has started offering money again only recently.

samwise12 wrote:"why should i look for ways to improve, when i can just blame lag" or something to that effect.
What about "why should I even give a shit when I practice more than anyone but then tourney enviroment (read lag) is so bad that it puts a cap on the level of gameplay, nullifying the purpose of practice itself?"
Image Image Image
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

GamingLevel

Post by Marco1698 »

bpdscolony123 wrote:very good thread,blackstar!we need more people like you to make this interesting and educated threads!not some boring people like Ovi12 or Marco.

lol I think the community prefer more me than you.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

GamingLevel

Post by Jaeger »

bpdscolony123 wrote:lol ovi,nobody cares about u and ur pointless threads,you got big mouth but scarred to play,go vote 1st option,describes u best son!
Ill play u rated or unrated anytime. You will probably get someone else to play on your account like a little bitch. It''s so disgusting how u kiss the ass of anyone over lt colo like some insecure 15yo which u probably are
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

GamingLevel

Post by aoefan4life »

It's just not knowing how to improve for me. I didn't really see an option that would fit the description for me though. I've tried to become good and I get around Lt Col as my MAX whenever I'm that serious but I generally I hover around captain/major. I can do what higher ranks do but they execute the strat much better with all the complex details inbetween. If this game was more balanced or if there was a patch coming up I would be a lot more motivated. Pretty hard to get motivated when ESO doesn't even work lol
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

GamingLevel

Post by pecelot »

marco1698 wrote:
lol I think the community prefer more me than you.
neither of you

I think that many people dont play that seriously to be at a high level, they play like once or twice a week with some mates and thats enough for them. Learning hotkeys? Naah, clicking big buttons on a big UI is so fun! I dont need to worry about time when I play NR40 3v3 compstomp. And yes, like it was mentioned, it is clear that to achieve a pro level you need several thousand games played and some people just refuse to do that.