RIP Aoe 4

United States of America cedarfarms
Dragoon
ESO: Cedar_farms_

RIP Aoe 4

Post by cedarfarms »

I was holding out hope because back in January in surfaced that microsoft was putting together a team to make a new game in a "beloved" rts franchise so i was optimistic it was AOE4, but i just saw that microsoft has announced Halo Wars 2 so theres that
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

RIP Aoe 4

Post by edeholland »

http://eso-community.net/thread/2031/halo-wars-2

Same thread has been made here. I hope Legend was right and there is another studio still working on our 'beloved franchise'.
No Flag Quarbi
Crossbow

RIP Aoe 4

Post by Quarbi »

I don't see how halo wars is better than the age of empire series
No Flag drumal
Skirmisher

RIP Aoe 4

Post by drumal »

I wanna AoE:IV so badly too... but new AoE means gg for AoE:III and thats make me sad, cause I love this game
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

RIP Aoe 4

Post by pecelot »

drumal wrote:I wanna AoE:IV so badly too... but new AoE means gg for AoE:III and thats make me sad, cause I love this game
Not really, just look at AoC. Many players didnt move to AoE3 because it was too different, not in AoE-style. Theres no announcement yet, but no one really knows what we should expect by the fourth game of the franchise.

jutlander wrote:I dont know why dont you guys just settle, we dont really need a new game, right? What we have is enough, IMO.

Yeah, its hard to disagree to be honest, but a new game would be a big step for AoE, which is obviously something all want.
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

RIP Aoe 4

Post by CuCkO0 »

Why progress? Why not just get a fully qualified team and get AOE3 sorted out? I think people would come back to the game if things were fixed. I also think it might grow in popularity once more.

What is irritating is the fact that Microsoft have said they're working on AOE2 because it has more issues than AOE3 :S
KINGofOsmane wrote:If Elo is down what are we even fighting for
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

RIP Aoe 4

Post by SoldieR »

Aoe3 maxed at like 8k online and then max for a long period of time was like 3.5k. There is no reason for MS to put anything into aoe3
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

RIP Aoe 4

Post by Jaeger »

iamsoldier wrote:Aoe3 maxed at like 8k online and then max for a long period of time was like 3.5k. There is no reason for MS to put anything into aoe3
Really? I tought it was 16-20k at one point

I also think tough that a higher proportion of people buy a game like aoe just for the single player
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Pro Player

RIP Aoe 4

Post by SoldieR »

Ya vast majority play offline. No it never neared 10k
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

RIP Aoe 4

Post by deleted_user0 »

iamsoldier wrote:Aoe3 maxed at like 8k online and then max for a long period of time was like 3.5k. There is no reason for MS to put anything into aoe3

Actually for ms it doesnt matter if ppl play online or offline, they would prefer offline even i guess cuz they sell the same game but offline users require alot less maintenance and support
Pro Player

RIP Aoe 4

Post by SoldieR »

umeu wrote:

Actually for ms it doesnt matter if ppl play online or offline, they would prefer offline even i guess cuz they sell the same game but offline users require alot less maintenance and support
Im a bit confused why you said "actually".., but yes, like I said, no reason for MS to put anything into aoe3 because very low online numbers and no offline complaints