25%

Total votes: 8

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by Kaiserklein »

zoom wrote:
kaiserklein wrote:Lbs are polyvalent, just like xbows are on nilla. They still lose vs cav, they still beat heavy infantry, but not by that much. They have a better attack than other RI units, but smaller multipliers, which make them beat other RI but be less efficient vs HI. They still have the same multiplier vs RC (*1.5) as other RI, but with better attack, so they basically rape those. So they are a good unit overall, even tho they cant hit and run, which might be their biggest drawback. Their incredible range compensates a lot for that

Maces have twice the ROF of strelets, making them much better, even tho hit and running without wasting shots becomes harder in the same time

Im surprised nobody didnt talk about grenadiers in this topic yet...
Macehualtins are not much better than Strelets at all, if better in the first place. You must lack experience with at least one of the two to make that claim. Macehualtins do have two additional range, however...
I didnt mean that maces are more cost-effective than strelets (hard to say since both units are very good colonial RI units), just that 1 mace >'>' 1 strelet, in opposition to what tedere said. Ive played both azzie and russ so idk why you feel the need to tell me I lack of experience, since you dont know me and so dont know what youre talking about
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag karimru
Crossbow

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by karimru »

Doppelsoldner are so useless !!!!! expensive and low speed.

people use them for fun vs noobs or in late game vs good...
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by lemmings121 »

maces have huge dps against anticav, they are a great colonial unit imo...
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by Good ol Ivan »

flail elephants are also pretty bad
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by Kaiserklein »

Dops are definetely not one of the worst units in the game. They still rape any other melee unit, and also RI if they can come close enough. They are such a deterrent for cav too... I mean you can try to kill some musks or pikes with cav when you outmass, if you micro you might even lose no cav. But vs dops you simply can't, they deal so much damage. For example, i think attacking 3 dops with 15 huss isn't worth it, because you will have many injured huss and will even lose some. On the other hand, attacking 5 musks with 5 huss is worth it lol
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by Jaeger »

kaiserklein wrote:Dops are definetely not one of the worst units in the game. They still rape any other melee unit, and also RI if they can come close enough. They are such a deterrent for cav too... I mean you can try to kill some musks or pikes with cav when you outmass, if you micro you might even lose no cav. But vs dops you simply can''t, they deal so much damage. For example, i think attacking 3 dops with 15 huss isn''t worth it, because you will have many injured huss and will even lose some. On the other hand, attacking 5 musks with 5 huss is worth it lol
<'3 rods4ever
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by princeofkabul »

kaiserklein wrote:Lbs are polyvalent, just like xbows are on nilla. They still lose vs cav, they still beat heavy infantry, but not by that much. They have a better attack than other RI units, but smaller multipliers, which make them beat other RI but be less efficient vs HI. They still have the same multiplier vs RC (*1.5) as other RI, but with better attack, so they basically rape those. So they are a good unit overall, even tho they can''t hit and run, which might be their biggest drawback. Their incredible range compensates a lot for that

Maces have twice the ROF of strelets, making them much better, even tho hit and running without wasting shots becomes harder in the same time

I''m surprised nobody didn''t talk about grenadiers in this topic yet...

yumi>>>longbow
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by princeofkabul »

kaiserklein wrote:Dops are definetely not one of the worst units in the game. They still rape any other melee unit, and also RI if they can come close enough. They are such a deterrent for cav too... I mean you can try to kill some musks or pikes with cav when you outmass, if you micro you might even lose no cav. But vs dops you simply can''t, they deal so much damage. For example, i think attacking 3 dops with 15 huss isn''t worth it, because you will have many injured huss and will even lose some. On the other hand, attacking 5 musks with 5 huss is worth it lol

urumis, jags and skulls?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by zoom »

kaiserklein wrote:
zoom wrote:Macehualtins are not much better than Strelets at all, if better in the first place. You must lack experience with at least one of the two to make that claim. Macehualtins do have two additional range, however...
I didnt mean that maces are more cost-effective than strelets (hard to say since both units are very good colonial RI units), just that 1 mace >'>' 1 strelet, in opposition to what tedere said. Ive played both azzie and russ so idk why you feel the need to tell me I lack of experience, since you dont know me and so dont know what youre talking about
Then it would seem I misunderstood you.

Macehualtins are a great (Colonial Age) unit indeed, a mediocre Fortress Age unit and a poor late-game unit.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by zoom »

Skull Knights are a worse Doppelsoldner. Literally.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by adderbrain5 »

irr3alist wrote:my german brother from another mother always wastes his 1st card on :

[face=trebuchet ms]Team MONGOL SCOUTS

[/face]

yuk... That always disgusts me
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by adderbrain5 »

ovi12 wrote:
ivan wrote:Not really and absolutely not worth their cost and investment.
Lol I played a couple games where I lost 20 vills to stealthy toshune prowlers

they can be OPAF if u get the stealth warchief card. Probably not practical in an intense 1v1 where you need other cards so much more. If I was going to use them id ship the mercenary shipment that increases their HP then stealth chief in industrial
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by Kaiserklein »

1 lb >' 1 yumi, and the lb is even a bit cheaper, so idk how yumi >'>'>'>' lb, unless you use multiple yumi upgrades, but that's another talk.

When i said dops rape any melee unit, maybe then it's rather 95% of melee units... Idk if they beat skulls or not, but since jaguars and urumis are their counter it seems logical that dops lose to them lol
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by _venox_ »

Doppels?ldner are faster than musketeers and in industrial Aztecs can win by having 10 war priests on the fire pit with 15 more villagers dancing for skull knights and sending infinite 20 mace card over and over, so they are not a bad unit.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by zoom »

Doppelsoldners may be faster than Musketeers. Skull Knights aren't. I'm sure Aztecs can win by that. It doesn't change the fact that Skull Knights are simply a worse Doppels?ldner ?? Literally.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by adderbrain5 »

zoom wrote:Doppelsoldners may be faster than Musketeers. Skull Knights aren''t. I''m sure Aztecs can win by that. It doesn''t change the fact that Skull Knights are simply a worse Doppels?ldner ?? Literally.

skulls are way better with aoe3 upgrade. Even if they are slower. Plus they are free which is a big deal
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by zoom »

AoE3 does have upgrades. Skull Knights aren't free.

Skull Knights are still worse Doppelsoldners.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by momuuu »

But skull knights auto upgrade. Thats actually a thing.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by zoom »

It is.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by gibson »

Whoever said skull Knights are free? They cost so many vil seconds I don't think they are worth it.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by princeofkabul »

kaiserklein wrote:1 lb >' 1 yumi, and the lb is even a bit cheaper, so idk how yumi >'>'>'>' lb, unless you use multiple yumi upgrades, but that''s another talk.

When i said dops rape any melee unit, maybe then it''s rather 95% of melee units... Idk if they beat skulls or not, but since jaguars and urumis are their counter it seems logical that dops lose to them lol
All possible upgrades to both of the units. also you can kite with yumi''s. Longbows are just trash.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by Garja »

maces, just like every other twc unit get 25% up with elite, so their fortress is not bad. Also 6 wp on attack dance give+1 to them in fortress which means they do 22 damage (a skirm with 1 up is 20). 16 range tho, but 4.5 speed.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by momuuu »

The range is really a huge problem though. You'll lose so much trying to engage or disengage.
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by DerMaxinator »

Duber is useless...

Freitag all the way :D
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

UNITS THAT SUCK

Post by _venox_ »

"Your mom!" - Acergame
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.