3%
Chicks
1%

Total votes: 300

No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Who is the best caster?

Post by Hagi »

cohenski wrote:If you are somebody who has never seen the game before, I see Interjection being excellent, and capable of drawing people in. A valuable skill.
Exactly, I was lucky enough to find his channel after I finish the campaigns of the game and was wondering if there was something else to the game. He transmit passion and I was into it. After that, I learn to appreciate other casters and learn even more.
I still appreciate Interjection, his energy as a caster is very important to make the watchers excited.
No Flag rio222
Musketeer

Who is the best caster?

Post by rio222 »

Come on!!! It's Veny alright!! H2O said a billion times that Sam will loose the fights with Goon, and the NEXT LEVEL GENIUS of AoE III prevailed regardless of poor Ryan's impression... Sam is the ANTIGRUNT machine, and Veny is he's achievements herald. ')
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Who is the best caster?

Post by momuuu »

Ryan's just really bad at calling anything. I wonder how he can be a top player xd
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Who is the best caster?

Post by Papist »

jerom wrote:Ryan''s just really bad at calling anything. I wonder how he can be a top player xd
He strikes me as being more of a tactical player than a strategic one. While he is great at microing and offering good insight on things like villager management, he is not the best at predicting the trajectory of games. While he has a phenomenal understanding of game mechanics, he is not good at using them to predict outcomes.

In the future, I think he should just say "x has the advantage" and "y has the advantage" rather than just calling the game after every fight. When he switches his call after every fight, it makes him look like he doesn''t know what he''s talking about.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Who is the best caster?

Post by purplesquid »

papist wrote:
jerom wrote:Ryans just really bad at calling anything. I wonder how he can be a top player xd
He strikes me as being more of a tactical player than a strategic one. While he is great at microing and offering good insight on things like villager management, he is not the best at predicting the trajectory of games. While he has a phenomenal understanding of game mechanics, he is not good at using them to predict outcomes.

In the future, I think he should just say "x has the advantage" and "y has the advantage" rather than just calling the game after every fight. When he switches his call after every fight, it makes him look like he doesnt know what hes talking about.
I think part of it might have to the fact that if _H2O was playing in the position of the person with the advantage he would win almost 100% of the time because he has the skill to close out games.
No Flag rio222
Musketeer

Who is the best caster?

Post by rio222 »

papist wrote:
jerom wrote:Ryans just really bad at calling anything. I wonder how he can be a top player xd

In the future, I think he should just say "x has the advantage" and "y has the advantage" rather than just calling the game after every fight. When he switches his call after every fight, it makes him look like he doesnt know what hes talking about.
Ryan in face of Samwise is like a mathematician in face of a philosopher... he is right in one moment, but very wrong in the end. Sam has the VISION of the RTS in Aoe, Ryan has the calculus and sense of opportunity but, in the end, THE VISION remains. Amen.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Who is the best caster?

Post by gibson »

papist wrote:

I feel like h20 would be excellent at calling results if everyone played with perfect play, however, when he calls things he doesnt account for the fact that people mess up and play suboptimally.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Who is the best caster?

Post by momuuu »

One of the fights he miscalled was a fight where samwise moved his chinese cav through a very awkward choke. I think basically everyone called that samwise was gonna lose it, which probably wouldve been right if it were hussars. They were chinese cav, which includes the ranged meteor hammers. Those things do so much better than normal cav in tight chokes. I swear they attacked two, maybe three times as often as hussars would have.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Who is the best caster?

Post by Marco1698 »

jerom wrote:I like interjection, but sometimes he just says too many wrong things to me. Hed be much better if he was still actively trying to play aoe3, and not just speedrunning the campaign.

the point is all casters could be colonels or more, since when they cast they watch constantly top players playing. Interjection is still 1lt because he doesn''t care tho
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Who is the best caster?

Post by _H2O »

that series made no sense lol
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Who is the best caster?

Post by aoefan4life »

H2O because he just knows more about the game.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Who is the best caster?

Post by momuuu »

h2o wrote:that series made no sense lol

you just camt phantom the wise.