3%
Chicks
1%

Total votes: 300

No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Who is the best caster?

Post by Einfein »

For me it's probably Zutazuta and H2o. They both have great game knowledge and a sense of humor. When they cast together they will sometimes discuss why a player made choice a or b and why this works/doesn't work. I find I learn a great deal about the game when they cast together, mostly because they have friendly debates about card orders, etc.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Who is the best caster?

Post by momuuu »

I really liked the few games gs uploaded on his channel a lot.

Also, a honarable mention to 36drew, who brought VODs to the aoe3 community :p
No Flag blackbob68
Skirmisher

Who is the best caster?

Post by blackbob68 »

jerom wrote:I really liked the few games gs uploaded on his channel a lot.

I still like to watch 36drew sometimes :) very nice commentary :)
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Who is the best caster?

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:I really liked the few games gs uploaded on his channel a lot.

I also enjoyed gs commentary
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Who is the best caster?

Post by princeofkabul »

Best caster Veni. Most annoying and Laggiest caster, Zutazuta.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag drac3130
Musketeer

Who is the best caster?

Post by drac3130 »

H2O for the insight of possibly the best 1v1 player out there and Inter simply because his commentaries were the first I watched and really got me back into the game.
No Flag tvtotal
Crossbow

Who is the best caster?

Post by tvtotal »

duo cast Fard + bsop would be op!

atm veni + sam is best imo, then zuta + h2o
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Who is the best caster?

Post by gibson »

I like interjection, but he's just not knowledgeable about the game. I hear him say wrong things all the time and it annoys me. They are usually very small things but still annoying.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Who is the best caster?

Post by Papist »

H20 is, in my opinion, the best caster out there atm. He is at his best when Samwise is with him because they both have a sense of humor, but still manage to deliver quality gameplay. The ESOC games they hav cased are probably one of the best tools for improvement for this exact reason.

Veni is a very good caster as well, but he can be a bit too nitpicky at times,

Zuta and Interjection are a good duo - their lighthearted Smackdown casting can be quite fun to watch. However, hypecasting, as Jerom said, can get very annoying very quickly. When watching a a series, one wants the casters to get serious from time to time (enough daimyo jokes!). They are best on Smackdown in my opinion.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag rio222
Musketeer

Who is the best caster?

Post by rio222 »

To answer on point to this question I voted Veni and H2O, because technically seems to be the right answer. But this topic dosen't show the entire picture because - and let me be blunt:
Where was H2O as a caster when Zuta, Interjection and Veni spend their free time and effort to make videos for us too see? Where was Samwise until 3 weeks ago? Maybe those 3 guys were not the only ones to have released good AOE videos on YouTube, but they were the only CASTERS who made watchable material until last too months ago when H2O decided to step up and stream, and cast.
Don't get me wrong - I love the way that H2O casts - but if we don't need to get a differentiate pay grid for some weird "classes" of casters, we only need to know that they are HERE FOR US, not "retired with a wife and a life"!
They are doing weird things, like talking by themselves hours a day in front of a computer for OUR benefit and so many, many times - genuine amusement.
Veni's, Zuta's and Interjection's channels were the first main sources of mass AOE commentated content for years now, Zuta is an amazing caster with both first hand game experience and live commentating skills.
Interjection is a big heart and has a bigger impetuosity, witch maybe some times seems to be a bit to powerful, but in dual commentary Zuta or Veni are there to get him to breathe (like Veni: "Woow, wow! Who dies here?! I almost have a heart attack...." when Inter goes yelling about treasure contention :D).
And by the way, don't you wanna hear 36drew casting again? I am missing his style. ')
Netherlands loloekie10
Skirmisher

Who is the best caster?

Post by loloekie10 »

Imo Musket is really underestimated as a caster. I think I'd even rather have him than Veni.Though Veni is a very good caster too of course.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Who is the best caster?

Post by momuuu »

rio222 wrote:To answer on point to this question I voted Veni and H2O, because technically seems to be the right answer. But this topic dosen''t show the entire picture because - and let me be blunt:
Where was H2O as a caster when Zuta, Interjection and Veni spend their free time and effort to make videos for us too see? Where was Samwise until 3 weeks ago? Maybe those 3 guys were not the only ones to have released good AOE videos on YouTube, but they were the only CASTERS who made watchable material until last too months ago when H2O decided to step up and stream, and cast.
Don''t get me wrong - I love the way that H2O casts - but if we don''t need to get a differentiate pay grid for some weird "classes" of casters, we only need to know that they are HERE FOR US, not "retired with a wife and a life"!
They are doing weird things, like talking by themselves hours a day in front of a computer for OUR benefit and so many, many times - genuine amusement.
Veni''s, Zuta''s and Interjection''s channels were the first main sources of mass AOE commentated content for years now, Zuta is an amazing caster with both first hand game experience and live commentating skills.
Interjection is a big heart and has a bigger impetuosity, witch maybe some times seems to be a bit to powerful, but in dual commentary Zuta or Veni are there to get him to breathe (like Veni: "Woow, wow! Who dies here?! I almost have a heart attack...." when Inter goes yelling about treasure contention :D).
And by the way, don''t you wanna hear 36drew casting again? I am missing his style. ')
36drew is sad you didnt call him the first main source :p

I don''t think he plays anymore, or well I am sure, but Im unsure if he even games anymore.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Who is the best caster?

Post by lemmings121 »

There was a game casted by h20 + sam + someone_that_I_dont_remember that was pretty interesting, they weren't casting the game as usually seen, they were just watching and making comments and predictions between each other..very good for high level watchers, but I guess newer players were lost on that...
but since i'm no noob, would watch again 10/10.

Overall veni is very good, he comments well and has deep understanding., very entertaining

interjection in indeed fun, but lacks game knowledge, so he misses a lot of important stuff while looking at meaningless stuff
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Who is the best caster?

Post by princeofkabul »

lemmings121 wrote:There was a game casted by h20 + sam + someone_that_I_dont_remember that was pretty interesting, they weren''t casting the game as usually seen, they were just watching and making comments and predictions between each other..very good for high level watchers, but I guess newer players were lost on that...
but since i''m no noob, would watch again 10/10.

Overall veni is very good, he comments well and has deep understanding., very entertaining

interjection in indeed fun, but lacks game knowledge, so he misses a lot of important stuff while looking at meaningless stuff
Veni is great but has flaws also. He doesn''t understand/know cheesy strats. Doesn''t know all civs deeply enough to say for sure what would be the best to do at sometimes.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Who is the best caster?

Post by lemmings121 »

princeofkabul wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:There was a game casted by h20 + sam + someone_that_I_dont_remember that was pretty interesting, they werent casting the game as usually seen, they were just watching and making comments and predictions between each other..very good for high level watchers, but I guess newer players were lost on that...
but since im no noob, would watch again 10/10.

Veni is great but has flaws also. He doesnt understand/know cheesy strats. Doesnt know all civs deeply enough to say for sure what would be the best to do at sometimes.
yeah, ofcouuse.
tbh no one has perfect understanding of all MUs, only with duos/trios we can have the most acurate coments..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Who is the best caster?

Post by gibson »

What about BTM : you guys talking about zuta inter and Veni being the first major casters but I remember watching BTM before any of them
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Who is the best caster?

Post by momuuu »

BTM is a good caster but not a great player. Idk, he probably gives great entertainment but I just can't really watch his game. Not meant in an offensive way, I liked the guy, but it's just not fun to watch someone with bad macro and micro for me.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Who is the best caster?

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Definitely Chicks. The way he makes the game lag with his dial-up internet while refusing to not cast for an optimal lag-free game and suggesting the Dutch player should ship 700c to age up and ship his 2 falconets (https://youtu.be/kggQFmuHweA?t=10m25s)

Seriously, watch that video. Best shit ever.
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Who is the best caster?

Post by Metis »

For sheer entertainment purposes, you can't beat Interjection and Zuta, they remind me of a couple of Major League Baseball casters.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Who is the best caster?

Post by momuuu »

Am I really the only one that also thinks H2O and Samwise excell at entertainment. I love the witty remarks they make really.

https://youtu.be/Mw3iZ9uQu8c?t=1h58m32s

hahaha XD
No Flag ssaraf
Dragoon
ESO: robinhood_xing

Who is the best caster?

Post by ssaraf »

Veni is so OP, that I made it as my status...

Next in line for me Zuta. He really knows how to hold the audience (even for a 30 min game).

There is only one "Intertainer". Taunt 32..

Unfortunately, BSOP (currently the best player) is the worst caster..... :P
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Who is the best caster?

Post by momuuu »

I think im gonna start a H2O/Samwise fanclub soon XD
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Who is the best caster?

Post by medinos »

Im going for Interjection and Zuta..
First of all Interjection has a remarkable voice that can get to people...
His charisma is amazing his knowledge might not be that good about the game..
Some people watch it for entertainment some of learning more of the game etcc..
That is what makes Zuta and Interjection the best duo for casting I mean...
Zuta has a really good knowledge about the game and Interjection has the charisma to sparkle it a little so yeah
Definatly in my opinion Zuta and Interjection USA and UK alliance....
P.S. Gotta love Interjection accent <3