Different church design?

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Different church design?

Post by pecelot »

On this site I found this image:
[img]http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/ageofempires/images/a/ae/AOE3_Churches_03.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120813233926[/img]
What are the old versions? Have the design of churches in AoE3 changed? I checked it out on vanilla and they are still the same as in TAD, I recognize however those old versions, but I can't remember where they appeared. I don't know anything about Western, Swedish and Italian ones.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Different church design?

Post by Cometk »

the "old versions" refer to the visual changes the church receives upon aging to industrial

the western, swedish, and italian models are probably referring to the napoleonic era mod
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Different church design?

Post by pecelot »

Thta was quite obviois, wow... I didnt notice that. Thanks!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Different church design?

Post by deleted_user0 »

cometk wrote:the "old versions" refer to the visual changes the church receives upon aging to industrial

the western, swedish, and italian models are probably referring to the napoleonic era mod

no sweden and italy were supposed to be in the game but got dropped later most likely
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Different church design?

Post by Durokan »

The italian and western churches are homecity models, [strike]the notre dame and florence cathedral iirc[/strike] (as they appear in game)

Edit: they are generic homecity churches, germans, dutch, british have the western church, spain and portugal have the italian church.

Russ has st basil
Fre notre dame
Otto hagia sophia
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
No Flag alejandrote
Musketeer

Different church design?

Post by alejandrote »

Every civ has it's own church design. Why not the same with all buildings? It makes no sense sometimes. Russian and German buildings look the same. Spain/Portugal's look like Ottomans, a completely different country located 3000 km East. Designers were kinda lazy IMO.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Different church design?

Post by momuuu »

alejandrote wrote:Every civ has it''s own church design. Why not the same with all buildings? It makes no sense sometimes. Russian and German buildings look the same. Spain/Portugal''s look like Ottomans, a completely different country located 3000 km East. Designers were kinda lazy IMO.
There had recently been strong arabian influences in spain and portugal though, so it isn''t that weird.