76%
Alone yes but they are an important part of Aztec composition
9%

Total votes: 70

No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by Einfein »

Their superior pathing can give them an edge when raiding or just fighting in general. Also they're similar to ruyters in that being a one pop unit it may mean more micro for your opponent to whittle them down quickly.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by adderbrain5 »

papist wrote:
ivan wrote:Flail elephants and coyotes have the same ROF as most cav (1.5). Flail elephants used to have 3.0 and much more ATK originally, but ES thought they were OP and nerfed their attack while boosting their ROF. So their attack seems rather awkward.
That team card still IS op.

opaf
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by thebritish »

Get all the upgrades for them and they will become OP
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by sirmusket »

shaolinstar wrote:Coyote is the most cost-effective cav next to cossack.
there not a cav unit lol, there are a fast running infantry unit used for raids early on and do well against infantry.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by sirmusket »

Yes they are an awesome unit but can be quite expensive tbh early on costing more then a sepoy, janissary and standard musketeer. Do they deliver to there cost id say so but if used right only and in a sizable mass, if anyone doesnt know there cost, it is 85 food and 35 wood.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by sirmusket »

May i correct myself they dont cost more then a janissary there actually 5 resources cheaper and the cost equally as much as a sepoy however wood gathers slower then coin so id say they cost as much at the very least, and i am confident in saying that sepoys and jans are a superior unit all round then the cr, cr are only good against inf, they have low siege and get decimated against cav and cannons even. Yes you can get all upgrades for them making them "OP" but i personally would train other units such as, Arrow knights, eagle runner knight e.c.t over the cr :).
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by britishmusketeer »

sirmusket wrote:May i correct myself they dont cost more then a janissary there actually 5 resources cheaper and the cost equally as much as a sepoy however wood gathers slower then coin so id say they cost as much at the very least, and i am confident in saying that sepoys and jans are a superior unit all round then the cr, cr are only good against inf, they have low siege and get decimated against cav and cannons even. Yes you can get all upgrades for them making them "OP" but i personally would train other units such as, Arrow knights, eagle runner knight e.c.t over the cr :).
coyotes are nothing like sepoys or janissarys. They are like cav.
Howdah

Do coyote runner suck?

jerom wrote:Coyotes are good in smaller numbers. Once you get larger armies, they suffer more from pathing issues than hussars do because youll have twice as many. Nonetheless I think theyre still good in larger numbers.
they path better than hussar regardless of the fact you will have more.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by sirmusket »

britishmusketeer wrote:
sirmusket wrote:May i correct myself they dont cost more then a janissary there actually 5 resources cheaper and the cost equally as much as a sepoy however wood gathers slower then coin so id say they cost as much at the very least, and i am confident in saying that sepoys and jans are a superior unit all round then the cr, cr are only good against inf, they have low siege and get decimated against cav and cannons even. Yes you can get all upgrades for them making them "OP" but i personally would train other units such as, Arrow knights, eagle runner knight e.c.t over the cr :).
coyotes are nothing like sepoys or janissarys. They are like cav.
I know there nothing like sepoy and jan but they are still inf , and they cost as much as sepoy and jans thats why i was comparing them with those two units, and i highly doubt they are like cav just cause they can raid well and run fast does not make them a cav unit, they are most like the spanish rod tbh, FAST MOVING INFANTRY.
Howdah

Do coyote runner suck?

sirmusket wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:coyotes are nothing like sepoys or janissarys. They are like cav.
I know there nothing like sepoy and jan but they are still inf , and they cost as much as sepoy and jans thats why i was comparing them with those two units, and i highly doubt they are like cav just cause they can raid well and run fast does not make them a cav unit, they are most like the spanish rod tbh, FAST MOVING INFANTRY.

Nope they are like cav. They beat ranged infantry and cannons and lose to heavy infantry and goons.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by sirmusket »

britishmusketeer wrote:
sirmusket wrote:I know there nothing like sepoy and jan but they are still inf , and they cost as much as sepoy and jans thats why i was comparing them with those two units, and i highly doubt they are like cav just cause they can raid well and run fast does not make them a cav unit, they are most like the spanish rod tbh, FAST MOVING INFANTRY.

Nope they are like cav. They beat ranged infantry and cannons and lose to heavy infantry and goons.
I dont think they lose to heavy inf like usk i think they beat it but maybe im wrong :)
Howdah

Do coyote runner suck?

sirmusket wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:Nope they are like cav. They beat ranged infantry and cannons and lose to heavy infantry and goons.
I dont think they lose to heavy inf like usk i think they beat it but maybe im wrong :)
They dont beat muskets.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by sirmusket »

britishmusketeer wrote:
sirmusket wrote:I dont think they lose to heavy inf like usk i think they beat it but maybe im wrong :)
They dont beat muskets.
Yeh hahah just me being an idiot i just went on scenorio editor and checked usk smashed them and like you said skirms did poor against them, i also did a mac vs strel and mac smashed :)
No Flag edehollandsbrother
Musketeer

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by edehollandsbrother »

@yurashic skirms do have a penalty against coyotes:

Code: Select all

<'DamageBonus type ='xpCoyoteMan'>'0.750000<'/DamageBonus>'
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by aligator92 »

sirmusket wrote:Yes they are an awesome unit but can be quite expensive tbh early on costing more then a sepoy, janissary and standard musketeer. Do they deliver to there cost id say so but if used right only and in a sizable mass, if anyone doesnt know there cost, it is 85 food and 35 wood.
85 food
25 wood
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by Mimsy for President »

sirmusket wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:Coyote is the most cost-effective cav next to cossack.
there not a cav unit lol, there are a fast running infantry unit used for raids early on and do well against infantry.
Yeah no shit. Its just that people consider coyote runners as cavalry, of course they aint...
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by Good ol Ivan »

papist wrote:
ivan wrote:Flail elephants and coyotes have the same ROF as most cav (1.5). Flail elephants used to have 3.0 and much more ATK originally, but ES thought they were OP and nerfed their attack while boosting their ROF. So their attack seems rather awkward.
That team card still IS op.
If not for that card, I bet ES would have never touched flail elephants ^^
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by adderbrain5 »

ivan wrote:
papist wrote:That team card still IS op.
If not for that card, I bet ES would have never touched flail elephants ^^

yea probably not no one makes them rly. And its not like theyre that great later on when people finally do...something about having six of them smashing your Towncenter b4 5 min makes them a little bit imba lol
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by thebritish »

adderbrain5 wrote:
ivan wrote:If not for that card, I bet ES would have never touched flail elephants ^^
yea probably not no one makes them rly. And its not like theyre that great later on when people finally do
+1
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag yohomes
Musketeer

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by yohomes »

They're really bad just like macehaultins. Put them up against some cuirassiers and watch them get slaughtered.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by Mimsy for President »

Absurd comparison.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by thebritish »

shaolinstar wrote:Absurd comparison.
yes
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by fei123456 »

the best advantage of coyote is that they are "small". they have less pathing problem.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by fei123456 »

if we change a coyote to a cossack it sucks. that's why chinese forbidden army are strong. iron flail and hammer have shitty hp/attack by they dont have pathing.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Do coyote runner suck?

Post by yurashic »

yohomes wrote:They''re really bad just like macehaultins. Put them up against some cuirassiers and watch them get slaughtered.

You gave Garja heart attack...