perfect civ

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

perfect civ

Post by momuuu »

yurashic wrote:
jerom wrote:How does China beat Sioux? I tried that match up once, just spammed Bow riders, never even left his base and fought the mm straight up with dem OP brs. It was so brutal that it made me think that mu is unwinnable as china. Also, I think Azzie destroys China.

Speaking about them, maybe Aztec wins all other mus?
http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameStats.aspx?loc=en-US&GameID=9748d252-f224-4e6a-a722-d5d1f00b26ae&sFlag=2&md=ZS_Supremacy
http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameS ... _Supremacy

That is how. You sit in your base, never come out, build walls, make only infantry and send long-term cards. The card that spawns hunts at every village and town center and the card that gives ranged infantry x3 multiplier against ranged cavalry are very valuable against Sioux. At some point you age, go reforms and play standard Chinese age 4 laming. There is nothing Sioux can do against old Han because they have no cannons.

You dont beat Iroquois, but beat most other civs. The matchups that are hard for Chinese are Aztec, Russia, Germany, India and Japan. First two rush and hurt you early on, but you can do fine if you build many walls. Germany is often annoying with the 10 dopp semi, but it is close. India not sure, didnt play this mu that much but seems close. Japan is really hard to beat because your cav is useless against ashi and you dont beat ashi-nagi with changdao-arquebisier, you have to age to Industrial.

Aztec dont win all other mus. They do well against Ottomans but lose to British and India, have hard time against French.

but how would you beat a full on bowrider spam in age2? It seemed like there wasnt a way to ever deal with the bow rider mass.
No Flag krakato
Crossbow

perfect civ

Post by krakato »

india
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

perfect civ

Post by yurashic »

jerom wrote:
yurashic wrote:http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameStats.aspx?loc=en-US&'GameID=9748d252-f224-4e6a-a722-d5d1f00b26ae&'sFlag=2&'md=ZS_Supremacy
http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameS ... =en-US&amp'GameID=5a52c6d1-5d0a-4c21-87ae-4ac2884f6393&'sFlag=2&'md=ZS_Supremacy

That is how. You sit in your base, never come out, build walls, make only infantry and send long-term cards. The card that spawns hunts at every village and town center and the card that gives ranged infantry x3 multiplier against ranged cavalry are very valuable against Sioux. At some point you age, go reforms and play standard Chinese age 4 laming. There is nothing Sioux can do against old Han because they have no cannons.

You dont beat Iroquois, but beat most other civs. The matchups that are hard for Chinese are Aztec, Russia, Germany, India and Japan. First two rush and hurt you early on, but you can do fine if you build many walls. Germany is often annoying with the 10 dopp semi, but it is close. India not sure, didnt play this mu that much but seems close. Japan is really hard to beat because your cav is useless against ashi and you dont beat ashi-nagi with changdao-arquebisier, you have to age to Industrial.

Aztec dont win all other mus. They do well against Ottomans but lose to British and India, have hard time against French.
but how would you beat a full on bowrider spam in age2? It seemed like there wasnt a way to ever deal with the bow rider mass.
Walls and intervention. Sioux needs to age, otherwise they lose...
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

perfect civ

Post by Garja »

There isn't a perfect civ by definition. Most well rounded civs I'd say are French, Russia, Japan and maybe India.
Image Image Image
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

perfect civ

Post by thebritish »

garja wrote: India.
:surprised: :lol: :o

you serious?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

perfect civ

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

China beat sioux, gave you tried the semi fi vs japan? It works well
Greece fingolfin
Musketeer
ESO: my_pace

perfect civ

Post by fingolfin »

maybe german they dont seem to have a counter they seem to beat everything
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

perfect civ

Post by mnogud »

[quote="fingolfin"][/quote]they suck without tp
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

perfect civ

Post by Rikikipu »

France.
Because they are the most balanced civ, they don't suck at all in every mu. So, this is definitly the perfect civ.
India _DB_
Howdah

perfect civ

Post by _DB_ »

Yeah. French is perfect.

India and Aztec are perfect too. They don't suck too much vs any civ. Do okay in all MUs.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

perfect civ

Post by britishmusketeer »

subzero wrote:Yeah. French is perfect.

India and Aztec are perfect too. They don''t suck too much vs any civ. Do okay in all MUs.
French lose consistantly to Germans and China. India loses to germans, Sioux, china and japan. Aztec probably don''t lose to any non-iro otto civ though.
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

perfect civ

Post by mnogud »

britishmusketeer wrote:

India and Aztec are perfect too. They dont suck too much vs any civ. Do okay in all MUs.
French lose consistantly to Germans and China. India loses to germans, Sioux, china and japan. Aztec probably dont lose to any non-iro otto civ though.
aztecs lose to germans
Greece fingolfin
Musketeer
ESO: my_pace

perfect civ

Post by fingolfin »

nah did you saw garja vs fard aztecs win this mu
Howdah

perfect civ

mnogud wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:French lose consistantly to Germans and China. India loses to germans, Sioux, china and japan. Aztec probably dont lose to any non-iro otto civ though.
aztecs lose to germans
I think its Aztec favoured. Either way its close.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

perfect civ

Post by Rikikipu »

fingolfin wrote:nah did you saw garja vs fard aztecs win this mu
He loses because this is a non-tp map and don''t forget that garja''s aztec are insanely good. Otherwise, dopps does too good against non musk civs.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

perfect civ

Post by Papist »

Lol, you ask what the perfect civ is and prevent us from giving the correct answer (Iro)?

But whatever, using your criteria, I would have to say France, if only because they can perform every standard build in the game fairly easily. Musk/huss, bow/pike, cav SFF, musk SFF, straight FF, FI, and an array of troll strats are at their disposal (Young Garde anyone?). They also have a solid economy and have access to all the vital crate and unit cards a Euro civ could ask for.

All and all, a good civ that have an answer to everything (their strats might not ultimately successful, but they do have the units and resources to pull them off).
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Russia yurashic
Howdah

perfect civ

Post by yurashic »

India and Aztec are perfect too. They don''t suck too much vs any civ. Do okay in all MUs.

Aztec lose to British, India and it is close against France, Russia and Germany.

It is simply hard to play age 2 without musk and proper cavalry. It is compensated by crazy efficiency of their units but it is still tough against musk huss or dopp uhlan.
India _DB_
Howdah

perfect civ

Post by _DB_ »

Aztec don't lose easily to India. I don't see it easy to win vs Aztec as India. Ofc it's more comfortable for India, but it is very hard to actually play this MU as both civs. So I'd say India vs Azzy is fair mu, more like 50-50 or 55-45.

Aztec vs British is fair too. I saw Garja winning mankle 2 times and losing 1 time in same MU. Aztec is ofc harder to play. On QS Aztec will win cuz most of the qs maps are screw and Brits lose on bad qs maps.

German win French on TP maps only, like 55-45. On non tp maps French win 60-40. Same goes with Germany vs Aztecs and Germany vs India.

French vs Chinese is very hard for French because China win easy on non tp maps. On TP maps it's fair MU. If French player know how to play vs China he must win.

India lose to Japan and Sioux on any map. I agree it! Bow Rider is a cheat.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Howdah

perfect civ

subzero wrote:Aztec don''t lose easily to India. I don''t see it easy to win vs Aztec as India. Ofc it''s more comfortable for India, but it is very hard to actually play this MU as both civs. So I''d say India vs Azzy is fair mu, more like 50-50 or 55-45.

Aztec vs British is fair too. I saw Garja winning mankle 2 times and losing 1 time in same MU. Aztec is ofc harder to play. On QS Aztec will win cuz most of the qs maps are screw and Brits lose on bad qs maps.

German win French on TP maps only, like 55-45. On non tp maps French win 60-40. Same goes with Germany vs Aztecs and Germany vs India.

French vs Chinese is very hard for French because China win easy on non tp maps. On TP maps it''s fair MU. If French player know how to play vs China he must win.

id agree with this, although I think ger French on a tp map is more like 60-40
Russia yurashic
Howdah

perfect civ

Post by yurashic »

subzero wrote:Aztec don''t lose easily to India. I don''t see it easy to win vs Aztec as India. Ofc it''s more comfortable for India, but it is very hard to actually play this MU as both civs. So I''d say India vs Azzy is fair mu, more like 50-50 or 55-45.

French vs Chinese is very hard for French because China win easy on non tp maps. On TP maps it''s fair MU. If French player know how to play vs China he must win.

France vs Germany on no tp map is 100-0.

India does not lose to sioux, just sepoy rush...

Go musk huss as British and you win Aztec...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

perfect civ

Post by momuuu »

method wrote:
jerom wrote:How does China beat Sioux? I tried that match up once, just spammed Bow riders, never even left his base and fought the mm straight up with dem OP brs. It was so brutal that it made me think that mu is unwinnable as china. Also, I think Azzie destroys China.

I read "tried that mu once", and stopped reading

okay, then you missed the entire rest of the post where I speculated that that game was so brutal (and Im not a sioux player so the build was suboptimal) that it seemed like it was unwinnable for china.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

perfect civ

Post by sirmusket »

jerom wrote:
yurashic wrote:China. Only unwinnable mu is iro. Good on every map, not tp dependent or res dependent, makes good use of livestock and big treasures. Great late game - old Han reforms.
How does China beat Sioux? I tried that match up once, just spammed Bow riders, never even left his base and fought the mm straight up with dem OP brs. It was so brutal that it made me think that mu is unwinnable as china. Also, I think Azzie destroys China.

I dont see how you lose to sioux being china, u have that army that trains pike+xbow both these units counter bow riders, and if you have to just go naked ff, if you place villages in good spots then he wont be able to really kill many if any vills at all. Also brs have bad siege so all he can really do if sneak around taking shots from your tc, probably i would go ff with confuction acedemy just because skirms will deal with those brs so well and then shipping an additional 10 followed by 10 swordsmen and game is in your hands. Also if he goes fotress, the units you can pretty much expect are only brs and wakina, so for you go skirm plus cav spam and mix in some swordmen in back because if you see those dog soliders coming you better wish you have a counter waiting for you otherwise so good bye to your skirms.
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

perfect civ

Post by Einfein »

I'm sure many people will disagree with my choice, but I think brits are an excellent all around civ. Good on land, good on water etc. It's not that there are not hard match ups for them, but I feel like they at least have a reasonable chance in most match ups.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta