Depends on Micro
7%

Total votes: 55

Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by sirmusket »

I have always wondered which was stronger of the two. Both of them costing the same pretty much. I also thought the Janissary was a stronger unit having higher hit points and crushing an army of 20 musk with just so much fewer Jans. I recently went on scenario editor 20vs20 and 30vs30 and Sepoy won both, I know i was surprised aswell. So really which unit is the better still I dont know even after that battle because sometimes in team games one seems so much better then the other and other times a different story, comment below which you think is better :) Also take into account the veteran, guard and imperial upgrades :)
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by britishmusketeer »

Sepoy are the most cost effective musketeer type unit in the game.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by sirmusket »

britishmusketeer wrote:Sepoy are the most cost effective musketeer type unit in the game.
Okay but if we based on pure strength and not cost would you opinion change?
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by yemshi »

Sepoy>Jan
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by DerMaxinator »

sirmusket wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:Sepoy are the most cost effective musketeer type unit in the game.
I dont play a lot of Otto, nor India. But if I am not mistaken, then Janissary cost only 5 resources more. So cost efficiency is definitly won by Sepoy, because imo they are better overall.
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by sirmusket »

dermaxinator wrote:
sirmusket wrote:Okay but if we based on pure strength and not cost would you opinion change?
I dont play a lot of Otto, nor India. But if I am not mistaken, then Janissary cost only 5 resources more. So cost efficiency is definitly won by Sepoy, because imo they are better overall.
Well if we are talking cost they are same, because Sepoy cost more coin then food and jan cost more food then coin, and we all know that coin is significantly gathered slower.
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by DerMaxinator »

sirmusket wrote:
dermaxinator wrote:I dont play a lot of Otto, nor India. But if I am not mistaken, then Janissary cost only 5 resources more. So cost efficiency is definitly won by Sepoy, because imo they are better overall.
Well if we are talking cost they are same, because Sepoy cost more coin then food and jan cost more food then coin, and we all know that coin is significantly gathered slower.
So are you saying, it is like same in gather time?
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Sepoy.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by britishmusketeer »

sirmusket wrote:
nope because they cost pretty much the same since coin gathers slower than food.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by sirmusket »

dermaxinator wrote:
sirmusket wrote:Well if we are talking cost they are same, because Sepoy cost more coin then food and jan cost more food then coin, and we all know that coin is significantly gathered slower.
So are you saying, it is like same in gather time?
Well not really but one is not more expensive then the other cost the resource distribution is different so you cant compare, more coin cost for the sepoy (harder to gather) more food for the jan ( easier to gather ) now now might not seem a big deal at first oh OK 5 coin difference big woop but lets say you do a batch of 5. 125 coin vs 150 okay some difference then batch of 10, 250 vs 300 now were getting somewhere, okay maybe this is exaggeration but no doubt it will accumulate over time.
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by mnogud »

the one who gets the first hit wins... but with the brits consulate the sepoys win
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by fei123456 »

sepoy kill a vill with only 6 hits. jan needs 8.
jan has more hp, but tc needs 3 hits to kill a sepoy too.
sepoy has 3?? multiplier to cav!
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Sepoy because extra damage is more important than extra hitpoints and siege. Also sepoys can be upgraded with the consulate.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by tedere12 »

well in jan vs sepoy, janissary wins (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyTSUMPElOE) but sepoy are better generally
France iNcog
Ninja

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by iNcog »

sirmusket wrote:

This kind of comparison is never a good one.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

tedere12 wrote:well in jan vs sepoy, janissary wins (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyTSUMPElOE) but sepoy are better generally
Interesting, I thought lb were better than yumis and actually cetans are almost as good as aenna lol
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

diarouga wrote:
tedere12 wrote:well in jan vs sepoy, janissary wins (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyTSUMPElOE) but sepoy are better generally
and actually cetans are almost as good as aenna lol
No, because aenna have faster speed and a faster reload rate so they can kite the cetan bows very efficiently.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by fei123456 »

bramboy wrote:
diarouga wrote:and actually cetans are almost as good as aenna lol
No, because aenna have faster speed and a faster reload rate so they can kite the cetan bows very efficiently.

but they have the same range.
India _DB_
Howdah

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by _DB_ »

Very close.

Without any upgrades,

Jans got almost 25% more HP and sepoys got exactly 25% more attack. Ofc HP matters more so in early game without any ups jans would win. To be honest, more upon micro.

After India allies to brits in consulate, sepoys win.

Sepoy also got better multiplier vs cav.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by Mimsy for President »

subzero wrote:
Jans got almost 25% more HP and sepoys got exactly 25% more attack. Ofc HP matters more so in early game without any ups jans would win. To be honest, more upon micro.

Range attack matters not HP. Thats why (almost) everybody sends musk attack first in brit mirror. HP would matter if the HP/Attack ratio was significantly bigger.
In theory sepoys are slightly better. With basic calculations, a sepoy needs 9.4 shots to kill 1 janissary AND a janissary needs 9.5 shots to kill 1 sepoy.
In practice, the one who shoots first wins.

ALL ELSE BEING EQUAL
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by Jaeger »

In jannisary vs sepoy, abus wins

sepoy are better anticav than jans
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
India _DB_
Howdah

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by _DB_ »

Correct.

Whos talkin about jans, nigga we just appreciatin abus
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by gibson »

bramboy wrote:Sepoy because extra damage is more important than extra hitpoints and siege.

while Sepoy are definitly better, I don''t think this is the reason why. High hp units are generally better than high attack units. Mams are better than hackapel and hussar are better than uhlan. It''s because relatively speaking the difference between sepoys and Jan''s attack is much greater then the difference between their hp
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by mnogud »

gibson wrote:
bramboy wrote:Sepoy because extra damage is more important than extra hitpoints and siege.
while Sepoy are definitly better, I dont think this is the reason why. High hp units are generally better than high attack units. Mams are better than hackapel and hussar are better than uhlan. Its because relatively speaking the difference between sepoys and Jans attack is much greater then the difference between their hp
how the fuck is hussar better than ulhan ?
China fei123456
Jaeger

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by fei123456 »

gibson wrote:
while Sepoy are definitly better, I dont think this is the reason why. High hp units are generally better than high attack units. Mams are better than hackapel and hussar are better than uhlan. Its because relatively speaking the difference between sepoys and Jans attack is much greater then the difference between their hp

all you listed are MELEE units. but sepoy is RANGED. native skirmishers such as cree or cherokee rifle are all high HP low attack units. do you think they are better than euro skirmisher?