7%

Total votes: 55

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by Garja »

unless ur fast and u can pull back ulhans too?
Image Image Image
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by Papist »

I prefer Sepoy because they are such a good muti-purpose unit. The extra x1 versus cavary and the extra attack just makes them better in my book. They are also way more flexible - Sepoy don't need to stay with the anti-inf like jans do (the Agra does just fine)' India can also pop a larger number of sepoy earlier on.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by DerMaxinator »

sirmusket wrote:
dermaxinator wrote:So are you saying, it is like same in gather time?
Well not really but one is not more expensive then the other cost the resource distribution is different so you cant compare, more coin cost for the sepoy (harder to gather) more food for the jan ( easier to gather ) now now might not seem a big deal at first oh OK 5 coin difference big woop but lets say you do a batch of 5. 125 coin vs 150 okay some difference then batch of 10, 250 vs 300 now were getting somewhere, okay maybe this is exaggeration but no doubt it will accumulate over time.
Good point, but I guess youre going over to Gurkha sooner or later, which cost a lot more coin, but still I get where youre going :)
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by zoom »

gibson wrote:
zoom wrote:Janissaries have 20% less ranged damage and ~23.7% more hitpoints. Math can be hard, I know.
niga Im a math god. Obviously Im basing Sepoy stats off of brit cons. 235-209 = 26. 26/235 =.11 * 100= 11% difference for hp. I already did the math for the attack in my former post and im not gonna do it again. If Jans have 20 attack, which Im not positive on, then Jans have 40% less attack then Sepoy.
Obviously you are then making a biased and inherently flawed calculation. Besides that, youre also making an incorrect calculation: Janissaries do indeed have 20 ranged damage, which is 20% less than Sepoys, genius.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by zoom »

garja wrote:who cares about numbers in a real game sepoy are better than jans on all fronts
I disagree. It''s close' mostly due to Indians having a far superior economy and later in the game British Allies.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by Garja »

it's not close. Jans feel pathetic while sepoy are actually scary.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by deleted_user »

sepoys must be better..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by gibson »

zoom wrote:
gibson wrote: niga Im a math god. Obviously Im basing Sepoy stats off of brit cons. 235-209 = 26. 26/235 =.11 * 100= 11% difference for hp. I already did the math for the attack in my former post and im not gonna do it again. If Jans have 20 attack, which Im not positive on, then Jans have 40% less attack then Sepoy.
Obviously you are then making a biased and inherently flawed calculation. Besides that, youre also making an incorrect calculation: Janissaries do indeed have 20 ranged damage, which is 20% less than Sepoys, genius.

No its actually not. Lets do some basic math here. There are two ways to go about this. First, have jans as the base unit. 20-28 = -8. -8/20 = -.4 * 100= - 40% that means that jans have -40% more attack thanSepoy, or in other words, 40% less. Second, have Sepoy as the base stat. 28-20 = 8. 8/28=.285 *100= 29%. So Sepoy have 29% more attack than jans. So my "baised" (that literally makes no sense, a calculation cant be baised) and "inherently flawed" (that the standard way to calculate % difference) actually isnt an "incorrect calculation.

Jans have 40% less attack than Sepoy. Sepoy have 29% more attack than jans. Its literally highschool level math that you seemingly cant do.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by zoom »

garja wrote:In even numbers ofc like 7 ulhans vs 5 huss.
About the topic anyway, sepoy is way better than jan. Jans are actually pathetic with such high hp and that shit attack. Sepoys essentially have wrong stats for their cost.
How do they have wrong stats?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by Garja »

they too good for their cost. Pls don't come up with bs math because they're simply too good, and that's not even considering brit cons.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by zoom »

They are very slightly better than Musketeers. Colonial Musketeers are too strong in general. Zamburaks are a bigger balance issue to me, relative to other civilizations.

The thing that makes Sepoys better is that they have favorable break-points against TC fire (barely survive two shots) and Musketeers (need exactly 6 shots to kill' barely survive 8 shots). This would be helped by a stats readjustment of -10hp'+1dmg which would also constitute a slight nominal nerf.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by gibson »

zoom wrote:They are very slightly better than Musketeers. Colonial Musketeers are too strong in general. Zamburaks are a bigger balance issue to me, relative to other civilizations.

The thing that makes Sepoys better is that they have favorable break-points against TC fire (barely survive two shots) and Musketeers (need exactly 6 shots to kill' barely survive 8 shots). This would be helped by a stats readjustment of -10hp'+1dmg which would also constitute a slight nominal nerf.

the thing that makes sepoys better is the fact that they have insane stats for their cost as Compared to other musk units. If you want, I''ll do some math to show you why, but I''m not sure that you''d be able to understand it.....
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by deleted_user0 »

garja wrote:who cares about numbers in a real game sepoy are better than jans on all fronts

rofl... garja saying you shouldnt care about numbers but real game... good joke lmao

who are you again?!?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by zoom »

gibson wrote:
zoom wrote:They are very slightly better than Musketeers. Colonial Musketeers are too strong in general. Zamburaks are a bigger balance issue to me, relative to other civilizations.

the thing that makes sepoys better is the fact that they have insane stats for their cost as Compared to other musk units. If you want, Ill do some math to show you why, but Im not sure that youd be able to understand it.....
They dont though. Thats my entire point: They are only very slightly better than Musketeers per cost in terms of damage and hitpoints. Ill gladly welcome another attempt at basic calculations but frankly, if you lack the ability to see that 5/25 is 20% and not 40%, I dont give you much hope. The irony is rich and real though.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by gibson »

zoom wrote:
gibson wrote: the thing that makes sepoys better is the fact that they have insane stats for their cost as Compared to other musk units. If you want, Ill do some math to show you why, but Im not sure that youd be able to understand it.....
They dont though. Thats my entire point: They are only very slightly better than Musketeers per cost in terms of damage and hitpoints. Ill gladly welcome another attempt at basic calculations but frankly, if you lack the ability to see that 5/25 is 20% and not 40%, I dont give you much hope. The irony is rich and real though.

where the hell are you getting 5/25 from? Iv done real math to show you how much better Sepoy are then jans and all youre saying is bullshit like this. Obviously 5/25 would be 20%.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by zoom »

gibson wrote:
zoom wrote:Obviously you are then making a biased and inherently flawed calculation. Besides that, youre also making an incorrect calculation: Janissaries do indeed have 20 ranged damage, which is 20% less than Sepoys, genius.
No its actually not. Lets do some basic math here. There are two ways to go about this. First, have jans as the base unit. 20-28 = -8. -8/20 = -.4 * 100= - 40% that means that jans have -40% more attack thanSepoy, or in other words, 40% less. Second, have Sepoy as the base stat. 28-20 = 8. 8/28=.285 *100= 29%. So Sepoy have 29% more attack than jans. So my "baised" (that literally makes no sense, a calculation cant be baised) and "inherently flawed" (that the standard way to calculate % difference) actually isnt an "incorrect calculation.

Jans have 40% less attack than Sepoy. Sepoy have 29% more attack than jans. Its literally highschool level math that you seemingly cant do.
I think youre actually trolling, but theres only one way of going about calculating how much less damage Janissaries do than Sepoys, and clearly youre confusing that with calculating how much more damage Sepoys do. Not to even mention you dont even realize Sepoys do 25 damage ?? not 28.

Janissaries have 20% less ranged damage than Sepoys, and Sepoys have 25% more ranged damage than Janissaries. Its definitely not high-school level math' this is lower elementary school level stuff.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by zoom »

gibson wrote:
zoom wrote:They dont though. Thats my entire point: They are only very slightly better than Musketeers per cost in terms of damage and hitpoints. Ill gladly welcome another attempt at basic calculations but frankly, if you lack the ability to see that 5/25 is 20% and not 40%, I dont give you much hope. The irony is rich and real though.
where the hell are you getting 5/25 from? Iv done real math to show you how much better Sepoy are then jans and all youre saying is bullshit like this. Obviously 5/25 would be 20%.
What real math? The only math I see is the wrong calculations with the wrong figures. In other words you fail and then you fail some more.

5 is the difference between Sepoy and Janissary ranged damage. 25 is Sepoy ranged damage.

There you go.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by gibson »

My math was on point, just as I said at the start I wasn't positive on the unit stats......if you would have just said that at the start it would have been a lot easier.....
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by Einfein »

Sepoy just has slightly better everything when you add in the consulate bonuses. Jans are an exceptional unit, but sepoy are just that little bit better in most situations.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by zoom »

gibson wrote:My math was on point, just as I said at the start I wasn''t positive on the unit stats......if you would have just said that at the start it would have been a lot easier.....
First of all, as already pointed out, your math is not on point. Second of all, how the fuck was I supposed to know you were using the wrong figures as well when you were just pulling random percentages out your ass?

Consider learning the figures before attempting to make calculations, perhaps.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Sepoys vs Janissary

Post by gibson »

zoom wrote:
gibson wrote:My math was on point, just as I said at the start I wasnt positive on the unit stats......if you would have just said that at the start it would have been a lot easier.....
First of all, as already pointed out, your math is not on point. Second of all, how the fuck was I supposed to know you were using the wrong figures as well when you were just pulling random percentages out your ass?

Consider learning the figures before attempting to make calculations, perhaps.

Did you actually take the time to read what I said? The way you calculate percentage difference is (difference) /original *100. If you knew that and you actually read my posts it would be obvious that I used 28 as the attack for Sepoy. Also, if you had read my posts you would have noticed that I said in my very first post IM NOT SURE ON THE NUMBERS. Clearly you couldnt actually be bothered to read the posts you were responding to nor actually do any real math. However, you lucked out on the fact that my game knowledge is not great. Gj