Cheyenne Lancers

United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Cheyenne Lancers

Post by Papist »

For the first time, I noticed that Cheyenne warriors (horsemen) have a multiplier versus cavalry units. Are they actually any good as a unit? Perhaps they would be a nice surprise (since many people probably wouldn't immediately recognize them as anti cav).
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Cheyenne Lancers

Post by Rikikipu »

Yeah, they have an upgrade which allow they to have a bonus against cavalry, With all the french upgrades, they are pretty unbeatable.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Cheyenne Lancers

Post by britishmusketeer »

They are worse than hussar but are good in super late colonial when coin is out.
France benj89
Howdah

Cheyenne Lancers

Post by benj89 »

cheyenne and apache are both awesome units
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Cheyenne Lancers

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

There's this French player called Skiwiwi who only plays French on GP and uses the Cheyenne natives. After the upgrades from the home city and the native post, his units are practically unbeatable.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Cheyenne Lancers

Post by Papist »

bramboy wrote:There''s this French player called Skiwiwi who only plays French on GP and uses the Cheyenne natives. After the upgrades from the home city and the native post, his units are practically unbeatable.
Seems like that strat might be pretty vulnerable to a bow/pike rush tbh. What''s to stop someone from running round burning his tps?
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Cheyenne Lancers

Post by edeholland »

papist wrote:
bramboy wrote:Theres this French player called Skiwiwi who only plays French on GP and uses the Cheyenne natives. After the upgrades from the home city and the native post, his units are practically unbeatable.
Seems like that strat might be pretty vulnerable to a bow/pike rush tbh. Whats to stop someone from running round burning his tps?
ATP
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Cheyenne Lancers

Post by purplesquid »

edeholland wrote:
papist wrote:Seems like that strat might be pretty vulnerable to a bow/pike rush tbh. Whats to stop someone from running round burning his tps?
ATP

Yeah ATP is one of the most annoying cards to deal with. Bunch of 80(?) wood outposts scattered around the map that are also military buildings/trading posts. . .
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Cheyenne Lancers

Post by forgrin »

Late colonial they are beasts, especially good at breaking the musk-huss stalemate as they wreck huss and don't cut into your low amount of gold from GP at least.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Cheyenne Lancers

Post by aligator92 »

they have wrecked me as germans because i didn't know about them and won me a game against france by killing a bunch of cuirs on a map depleted of gold
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Cheyenne Lancers

Post by gibson »

Yea Idk how to beat those really. The one time a French guy used them against me, I was Dutch, and with a few upgrades those guys just wreck ryters if you're lazy and don't micro(aka me). And started making halbs, then realized I was actually making halbs in a real rated game, and so just resigned.
No Flag aufwiedersehen
Musketeer

Cheyenne Lancers

Post by aufwiedersehen »

gibson wrote:Yea Idk how to beat those really. The one time a French guy used them against me, I was Dutch, and with a few upgrades those guys just wreck ryters if you''re lazy and don''t micro(aka me). And started making halbs, then realized I was actually making halbs in a real rated game, and so just resigned.

Lol, halbs are actually buffed Pikemen and arnt so bad imo they can tank damage unlike ruyters while your skrims/musk or ruyter take out units from a range.
No Flag aufwiedersehen
Musketeer

Cheyenne Lancers

Post by aufwiedersehen »

gibson wrote:Yea Idk how to beat those really. The one time a French guy used them against me, I was Dutch, and with a few upgrades those guys just wreck ryters if you''re lazy and don''t micro(aka me). And started making halbs, then realized I was actually making halbs in a real rated game, and so just resigned.

Remember that 2v2 we did, to were Dutch me Sioux and I went axe/bow you skirm, now I know why my axe riders just melted. I thought this unit was a trash hussar :P
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Cheyenne Lancers

Post by gibson »

aufwiedersehen wrote:
gibson wrote:Yea Idk how to beat those really. The one time a French guy used them against me, I was Dutch, and with a few upgrades those guys just wreck ryters if youre lazy and dont micro(aka me). And started making halbs, then realized I was actually making halbs in a real rated game, and so just resigned.

Remember that 2v2 we did, to were Dutch me Sioux and I went axe/bow you skirm, now I know why my axe riders just melted. I thought this unit was a trash hussar :P
Thats the game i was talking about lol
France benj89
Howdah

Cheyenne Lancers

Post by benj89 »

haha halb OP
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Cheyenne Lancers

Post by fei123456 »

forgrin wrote:Late colonial they are beasts, especially good at breaking the musk-huss stalemate as they wreck huss and don''t cut into your low amount of gold from GP at least.

it doesnt have bonus to cav in age 2.
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Cheyenne Lancers

Post by Einfein »

Cheyenne Lancers are an awesome unit. When I'm on GP I try to use them if I can get the tech. They have a huge advantage in traditional fights where you use them to hunt light infantry, but they will cut through enemy cav as well. One of the better native units for sure.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta