hp card vs attack card

No Flag mnogud
Lancer

hp card vs attack card

Post by mnogud »

which one do u send first? would be awesome if pros answer this question with detailed explanation for each unit types and why :)
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

hp card vs attack card

Post by SoldieR »

High hp units I send hp. Huss I send hp, uhlan I send attack. The real difference depends on the units you are fighting. Will 15% more attack (which usually means 2-3 more damage per attack) kill the enemy unit in one less volley?

I looked one time, and I think if I'm correct, it takes a standard uhlan like 5 hits to kill a skirm, but with vet uhlan, Cav combat, and Cav attack, it takes one attack less, so 4 hits. Something like that. So at a certain point, sending Cav combat is better than 8uhlan.

Basically, you can mathematically figure out which is better. I can't remember that stats, but I think musk have 150hp, 23? Atk.. So in a brit mir, musk damage would put them into the area of killing in one less shot?

These the type of things you study for WCG type of events
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

hp card vs attack card

Post by thebritish »

for british huss,i would probably send cav attack (+4 damage) which means if i upgrade them to vet and get the cavalry combat, i can simply fight unupgraded pikemans without losing hussars because hussars would have double/triple hp and almost same (if not better) damage.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

hp card vs attack card

Post by Garja »

Attack card is generally more useful as it boosts also the siege and doesn't rely on the opponent to attack you to pay off. Also it depends on the use of the unit and their stats. Cavarly normally have nice base hp and are meant to tank damage in most cases. Muskets are damage dealers.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

hp card vs attack card

Post by momuuu »

Musketeer attack makes them require one less volley to kill a musk, but musk hp makes them survive an additional volley.

Its a small difference. It kinda depends what you're up against. For example, musk hp is probably better when you are facing skirm goon for some reason, since musks are expected to take damage more often than that they will deal damage. Pikes are a unit that mostly just has to survive as long as possible. So an hp card would be more effective for them. Skirms on the other hand, often get some free hits in without being attacked, so they would benefit more from an attack upgrade.
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

hp card vs attack card

Post by mnogud »

garja wrote:Attack card is generally more useful as it boosts also the siege and doesn''t rely on the opponent to attack you to pay off. Also it depends on the use of the unit and their stats. Cavarly normally have nice base hp and are meant to tank damage in most cases. Muskets are damage dealers.
what about ulhans? they are damage dealers right ? so do u send cav attack?
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

hp card vs attack card

Post by mnogud »

iamsoldier wrote:High hp units I send hp. Huss I send hp, uhlan I send attack. The real difference depends on the units you are fighting. Will 15% more attack (which usually means 2-3 more damage per attack) kill the enemy unit in one less volley?

I looked one time, and I think if I''m correct, it takes a standard uhlan like 5 hits to kill a skirm, but with vet uhlan, Cav combat, and Cav attack, it takes one attack less, so 4 hits. Something like that. So at a certain point, sending Cav combat is better than 8uhlan.

Basically, you can mathematically figure out which is better. I can''t remember that stats, but I think musk have 150hp, 23? Atk.. So in a brit mir, musk damage would put them into the area of killing in one less shot?

yeah with musk atack upgrade it will be one less shot to kill ur oponents musk
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

hp card vs attack card

Post by edeholland »

mnogud wrote:
garja wrote:Attack card is generally more useful as it boosts also the siege and doesnt rely on the opponent to attack you to pay off. Also it depends on the use of the unit and their stats. Cavarly normally have nice base hp and are meant to tank damage in most cases. Muskets are damage dealers.
what about ulhans? they are damage dealers right ? so do u send cav attack?
Cav attack doesnt give you 2 uhlan because its a team card. I would not send it (early on)
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

hp card vs attack card

Post by edeholland »

thebritish wrote:for british huss,i would probably send cav attack (+4 damage) which means if i upgrade them to vet and get the cavalry combat, i can simply fight unupgraded pikemans without losing hussars because hussars would have double/triple hp and almost same (if not better) damage.

It''s not about whether you lose hussars or not, but if it''s cost effective. And it''s not. Don''t fight pikemen with hussars.
India _DB_
Howdah

hp card vs attack card

Post by _DB_ »

Simple.

1 HP = 1 Attack

Cuz units have more HP, the HP will increase by like 30-40 while attack will increase by only 3-4 units only.
For any kind of cav HP is better.
For any kind of musk HP is better. For any kind of skirm attack is good.

HP is better but imo attack is very good too.

If you increase HP of Sepoy by 25% it becomes almost a Janissary.
If you increase attack of a Janissary by 25% it becomes exactly a Sepoy.

While both units shoot each other in same no. of shots.

Just mean to say, both equally good. In terms of micro attack is better.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

hp card vs attack card

Post by edeholland »

subzero wrote:Just mean to say, both equally good.
No, because not all units have the same function in the game.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

hp card vs attack card

Post by Garja »

Ye cav attack doesnt give 2 ulhans and also ulhans have decent hp anyway. They also overkills so better to send it when you run out of better shipments.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

hp card vs attack card

Post by deleted_user0 »

iamsoldier wrote:High hp units I send hp. Huss I send hp, uhlan I send attack. The real difference depends on the units you are fighting. Will 15% more attack (which usually means 2-3 more damage per attack) kill the enemy unit in one less volley?

I looked one time, and I think if I''m correct, it takes a standard uhlan like 5 hits to kill a skirm, but with vet uhlan, Cav combat, and Cav attack, it takes one attack less, so 4 hits. Something like that. So at a certain point, sending Cav combat is better than 8uhlan.

Basically, you can mathematically figure out which is better. I can''t remember that stats, but I think musk have 150hp, 23? Atk.. So in a brit mir, musk damage would put them into the area of killing in one less shot?

in musk vs musk battles its not really that big of a difference wether you send attack first or hp first in a prolonged battle. attack however is better to send first for two reasons, 1) if you have your upgrade before his, it allows you to snipe a few musk here and there in smaller skirmishes and 2) it means you kill vills quicker (1 shot less i think)
No Flag anonymous123
Dragoon

hp card vs attack card

Post by anonymous123 »

I read about brit musk mirror somewhere above, didn't read the whole post neither the latter ones. What I want to say is as far as fight is considered mostly depends on how less overkill you can achieve and better micro than your opponent. But assuming its 1 musk vs 1 musk no micro fight then you send hp card or attack first doesn't really matter because you end up with same shots to kill the musk either way. But in these type of MU when it's musk vs musk I prefer sending hp card first because musk will be your only raiding option unless you add cav later. So musk are in line of tc fire where the only option is to run away and you can't fire unless you got enough musk and an enemy villager in line of sight to kill within 1/2 shots. At this time hp helps because it can help you to potentially keep a musket or 2 alive which may use 2-3 shots later thereby increasing your damage in fight. If I remember correctly 15% hp card for musk in age 2 actually adds a shot TC/Outpost needs to kill a musk.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

hp card vs attack card

Post by thebritish »

edeholland wrote:
thebritish wrote:for british huss,i would probably send cav attack (+4 damage) which means if i upgrade them to vet and get the cavalry combat, i can simply fight unupgraded pikemans without losing hussars because hussars would have double/triple hp and almost same (if not better) damage.

Its not about whether you lose hussars or not, but if its cost effective. And its not. Dont fight pikemen with hussars.
vet hussar with all possible upgrades have 540 hp i think and over 40 damage.

unupgraded pikeman have 120 hp and 40 damage against hussars.

[spoiler]{Spoiler}
From the homecity upgrades (3 upgrades).
And from the foundry or something (forgot its name)[/spoiler]
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

hp card vs attack card

Post by britishmusketeer »

thebritish wrote:
edeholland wrote:Its not about whether you lose hussars or not, but if its cost effective. And its not. Dont fight pikemen with hussars.
vet hussar with all possible upgrades have 540 hp i think and over 40 damage.

[spoiler]{Spoiler}
But if it was even in resources (2.5 pikes per huss) the pikes would still win
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

hp card vs attack card

Post by thebritish »

britishmusketeer wrote:
thebritish wrote:vet hussar with all possible upgrades have 540 hp i think and over 40 damage.

[spoiler]{Spoiler}
But if it was even in resources (2.5 pikes per huss) the pikes would still win
how?
Howdah

hp card vs attack card

thebritish wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:But if it was even in resources (2.5 pikes per huss) the pikes would still win
how?
because pikes counter hussar?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

hp card vs attack card

Post by thebritish »

britishmusketeer wrote:
thebritish wrote:how?
because pikes counter hussar?
3 pikes are worth 120 food and 120 wood (240 resources total).
hussar is worth 120 food and 60 coin (180 resources total)
Howdah

hp card vs attack card

thebritish wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:because pikes counter hussar?
3 pikes are worth 120 food and 120 wood (240 resources total).
1) I said 2.5 pikes not 3.
2) hussars cost 120f and 80c
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

hp card vs attack card

Post by thebritish »

britishmusketeer wrote:
thebritish wrote:3 pikes are worth 120 food and 120 wood (240 resources total).
1) I said 2.5 pikes not 3.

hussars will be still more costeffective against pikes and i dont believe that anybody will risk sending 50 pikes.

[spoiler]{Risk?}
almost everyone would send 15 pikes, or even 30 at max , but nobody wants to risk sending 50 pikes, because i can just bring 15 skirmishers and just hit and run to my base.

I will get my hussars back too ')[/spoiler]
Howdah

hp card vs attack card

thebritish wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:1) I said 2.5 pikes not 3.

hussars will be still more costeffective against pikes and i dont believe that anybody will risk sending 50 pikes.

[spoiler]{Risk?}
almost everyone would send 15 pikes, or even 30 at max , but nobody wants to risk sending 50 pikes, because i can just bring 15 skirmishers and just hit and run to my base.

I will get my hussars back too ')[/spoiler]
1) no they wont be cost effective against pikes
2) I wasnt arguing about the utility of pikes, I was just saying that in even resources pikes are cost effective against hussar regardless of upgrades
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

hp card vs attack card

Post by momuuu »

edeholland wrote:

Its not about whether you lose hussars or not, but if its cost effective. And its not. Dont fight pikemen with hussars.
Ive actually won games by killing 5 pikes with 5 hussars in the early game. You wont even lose a hussar.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

hp card vs attack card

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

For huss hp
For brs attack
For musk attack.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456