French should get royal guard muskets

India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

princeofcarthage wrote:
rdx wrote:Musketeers are soldiers who..................
Why do people always tend to read hastily without understanding the meaning of what is written. I dont get where musketeers originated has anything to do with which being better. Musketeers or redcoats as british called them were simply highly and better trained than their french counterparts. Thats why they get royal guard upgrade and french ones dont.
French were having the most powerful bayonets. What British did is a replica of musketeers and named them as "Redcoats". Really, they were just rifle men with bayonets weaker than french ones. Why didnt Alexander Dumas put a story on three musketeers in Britain instead of France? Cozz its a true history that only musketeers were origined in France, and they were powerful. Atleast the creators of aoe 3 should have given , Atleast two gun powder units for china. Did they? Gun powder was invented in China but what they have is only one and which also sucks sometimes.
oranges.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

rdx wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Why do people always tend to read hastily without understanding the meaning of what is written. I dont get where musketeers originated has anything to do with which being better. Musketeers or redcoats as british called them were simply highly and better trained than their french counterparts. Thats why they get royal guard upgrade and french ones dont.
French were having the most powerful bayonets. What British did is a replica of musketeers and named them as "Redcoats". Really, they were just rifle men with bayonets weaker than french ones. Why didnt Alexander Dumas put a story on three musketeers in Britain instead of France? Cozz its a true history that only musketeers were origined in France, and they were powerful. Atleast the creators of aoe 3 should have given , Atleast two gun powder units for china. Did they? Gun powder was invented in China but what they have is only one and which also sucks sometimes.
It is true and I am NOT denying that riflemen with bayonets ( musketeers ) as a protection against cavalry was a french idea. But british bettered it, British had better training which made their redcoats better than french ones. Going by your logic MI6 should be better than american intelligence because james bond is written over it and not american. That logic is so dumb. its a fucking novel at the end of day nowhere close to reality,
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

shaolinstar wrote:
papist wrote:France and Ottomans are waaaaaaayyyyyyy OP in EU4.
no h8 just historically accur8

Historically, France was not able to bulldoze Spain and Austria in the 1400s.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

The French were NOT the first country to use musketeer units. The Chinese used them (they even perfected a primitive repeating gun). The first nation to use firearms in large numbers was the Ottoman Empire - they used them in the Siege on Constantinople in 1454.
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

papist wrote:The French were NOT the first country to use musketeer units. The Chinese used them (they even perfected a primitive repeating gun). The first nation to use firearms in large numbers was the Ottoman Empire - they used them in the Siege on Constantinople in 1454.
What man you gonna change the whole history? China yes they found the gun powder and primitive guns which is made of their bamboo trees. A small group of Chinese army used them to kill Mongols who were ruling their territory. Then Chinese realised that they made is a bloody hell. Their guns exploded when shooting. After that french created some thing called "musket" as rifles were developing age to age. They used musket balls to shoot from muskets. The rifle which is longer and has a bayonet at the shooting end is called as a musket. Following by france, ottomans and their pride jans. And there developed a replica in Britain called Redcoats.
oranges.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

rdx wrote:
papist wrote:The French were NOT the first country to use musketeer units. The Chinese used them (they even perfected a primitive repeating gun). The first nation to use firearms in large numbers was the Ottoman Empire - they used them in the Siege on Constantinople in 1454.
What man you gonna change the whole history? ?China yes they found the gun powder and primitive guns which is made of their bamboo trees. A small group of Chinese army used them to kill Mongols who were ruling their territory. Then Chinese realised that they made is a bloody hell. Their guns exploded when shooting. After that french created some thing called "musket" as rifles were developing age to age. They used musket balls to shoot from muskets. The rifle which is longer and has a bayonet at the shooting end is called as a musket. Following by france, ottomans and their pride jans. And there developed a replica in Britain called Redcoats.?

Dude you have no idea what a rifle is lol. A rifle is a firearm with a "rifled" barrel, meaning that it have grooves to make the bullet spin. A spinning bullet is less prone to drift, and is therefore much more accurate at long ranges (e.g. The Pennsylvania rifle can shoot accurately up to 200 yards).

The musket is an earlier weapon - it can be distinguished by its smoothbore barrel (no grooves). This made it far less accurate (accurate up to 70 yards). However it was better en masse than the black powder rifle because it was quicker to load and requires less intensive training to use. European powers deployed musketeers as their primary units, supported by skirmisher (lightly armed musketeers) and rifle battalions.

During the Crimean War, the Europeans created the rifled musket - it had a percussion lock (firing cap instead of powder pan). They also invented the Minee ball - a new type of bullet optimized for the new weapons.

Please learn history before making blind assertions. My father has a PhD in colonial history, and I am a lifelong history enthusiast.
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

papist wrote:
rdx wrote:What man you gonna change the whole history............

Dude you have no idea what a rifle is lol. A rifle is a firearm with a "rifled" barrel, meaning that it have grooves to make the bullet spin. A spinning bullet is less prone to drift, and is therefore much more accurate at long ranges (e.g. The Pennsylvania rifle can shoot accurately up to 200 yards).

The musket is an earlier weapon - it can be distinguished by its smoothbore barrel (no grooves). This made it far less accurate (accurate up to 70 yards). However it was better en masse than the black powder rifle because it was quicker to load and requires less intensive training to use. European powers deployed musketeers as their primary units, supported by skirmisher (lightly armed musketeers) and rifle battalions.

During the Crimean War, the Europeans created the rifled musket - it had a percussion lock (firing cap instead of powder pan). They also invented the Minee ball - a new type of bullet optimized for the new weapons.

Please learn history before making blind assertions. My father has a PhD in colonial history, and I am a lifelong history enthusiast.

Sounds great that your father is a PhD in colonial history. I really appreciate him. What i said is fair true. But what you said is true than me. I aint good with world history much, only world war and Indian history. What I studied here is about india mostly. Little about world too. I lost to Papist. :(
oranges.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

incog wrote:My wet dream is that a launcher is released where you can play any game on the fly: NE, WoL, ESOC Patch, RE
Such a tool is actually being made.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

I've got a good idea. Why not make this game fully historically accurate so that Brit French and Spain are the best civs and most of the other civs suck!
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

edeholland wrote:
incog wrote:My wet dream is that a launcher is released where you can play any game on the fly: NE, WoL, ESOC Patch, RE
Such a tool is actually being made.
Good to hear :) you got any details about it? When will it release?
oranges.
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

i think French needs Goku and Vegeta, german need atomic bomb, and russia is the worst civ, give them falconets in age 1 (1wood- 10 gold) shooting Plasma laser. (range 10000 hp 6000000 damage point 10000000000000) and his hero must be able to spam oprick in age 1 gratis.
Off-topic post....
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

britishmusketeer wrote:I''ve got a good idea. Why not make this game fully historically accurate so that Brit French and Spain are the best civs and most of the other civs suck!
If the game is made exactly historically accurate, Really spain becomes good with conquistadors. If india is made so, it will become more powerful than civs that you have mentioned here. And lol otto becomes 2x OP. China will have good gun powder units. Russia dominates it''s power against all civs. If we make all civs historically accurate. It will really become an imbalanced game. And there only exists only few civs which are good. That''s why the creators of this game made this type of changes, which ofc changes their true history inaccurate.
oranges.
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

r4go wrote:i think French needs Goku and Vegeta, german need atomic bomb, and russia is the worst civ, give them falconets in age 1 (1wood- 10 gold) shooting Plasma laser. (range 10000 hp 6000000 damage point 10000000000000) and his hero must be able to spam oprick in age 1 gratis.
Off-topic post....
Lol, atomic bomb wasn''t invented during colonial periods in history. What''s the plasma laser doing in history? :D is it a troll or something?
oranges.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

Keep in mind that this is an RTS game. Just because it draws inspiration from history does not mean that it should throw aside balance for the sake of accuracy.
No Flag Historien
Crossbow

Post by Historien »

WoL has a launcher for that.
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

rdx wrote:
r4go wrote:i think French needs Goku and Vegeta, german need atomic bomb, and russia is the worst civ, give them falconets in age 1 (1wood- 10 gold) shooting Plasma laser. (range 10000 hp 6000000 damage point 10000000000000) and his hero must be able to spam oprick in age 1 gratis.
Off-topic post....
Lol, atomic bomb wasnt invented during colonial periods in history. Whats the plasma laser doing in history? :D is it a troll or something?
Ahah a troll ofc
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

rdx wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:Ive got a good idea. Why not make this game fully historically accurate so that Brit French and Spain are the best civs and most of the other civs suck!
If the game is made exactly historically accurate, Really spain becomes good with conquistadors. If india is made so, it will become more powerful than civs that you have mentioned here. And lol otto becomes 2x OP. China will have good gun powder units. Russia dominates its power against all civs. If we make all civs historically accurate. It will really become an imbalanced game. And there only exists only few civs which are good. Thats why the creators of this game made this type of changes, which ofc changes their true history inaccurate.
you realise I was being sarcastic right?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: French should get royal guard muskets

Post by tedere12 »

Papist wrote:The French were NOT the first country to use musketeer units. The Chinese used them (they even perfected a primitive repeating gun). The first nation to use firearms in large numbers was the Ottoman Empire - they used them in the Siege on Constantinople in 1454.

1453*