French should get royal guard muskets

No Flag anonymousv2
Musketeer

Post by anonymousv2 »

Brush if u want that go play NE. It literally has everything that u want.
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Due to budgetary constraints, lack of qualified applicants and the training time required, you can't comprise your entire army entirely out of elite units. The King's Musketeers never did number more than a couple of companies, compared to the thousands of rank and file musketeers.

The game's patchers seemed to have a bit of an obstinate attitude where France was concerned, even though hundreds of treaty players commented that it was too powerful in the late game. In the final patch here is what was done to France:

FRENCH

No change
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

I agree with OP. In my opinion ALL French units (except pikemen &' halbs) should get the royal upgrade. I know it's not historically accurate but how the f#ck would you give Ports the royal upgrade for musks. Why would French lose vs naked people who throw axes ? Why don't they have schooners ?

buff france nerf iro. history balance. warchief can 720 quickscope and french hero can't (sorry for my engrish) [img]http://www.nextinpact.com/images/clair/smiles/chinese.gif[/img]
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

frycookofdoom wrote:
historien wrote:And lets make every civ to be able to have more than a million pop and, actually lets stop playing this shit game and play, I dont know, Europa Universalis.
no

lets play vic 2
EU>'Vic
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag drac3130
Musketeer

Post by drac3130 »

Because then you would have a realistic history game that would probably not be as fun.

See: EU4 and how France (miles and away the strongest power from 1400-1800) obliterates everything and paints the map royal blue.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

drac3130 wrote:Because then you would have a realistic history game that would probably not be as fun.

See: EU4 and how France (miles and away the strongest power from 1400-1800) obliterates everything and paints the map royal blue.

France and Ottomans are waaaaaaayyyyyyy OP in EU4.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Jaeger

papist wrote:
drac3130 wrote:Because then you would have a realistic history game that would probably not be as fun.

France and Ottomans are waaaaaaayyyyyyy OP in EU4.
no h8 just historically accur8
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

shaolinstar wrote:
papist wrote:France and Ottomans are waaaaaaayyyyyyy OP in EU4.
no h8 just historically accur8
You should probably leave
Taunt 3
Jaeger

divinefire wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:no h8 just historically accur8
You should probably live*
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Aoe 3 is an unrealistic and a mythical game. Some are true, some are false. As you said, French should have given royal guard upgrade to muskets. But it is the problem with the creators of aoe 3. They only see where to put where. Even in history, Chinese are the first to invent gun powder. But in aoe 3, I see no gun powder units in China whereas only one which is also only available in age 3 and sucks sometimes. You studied that story? "Arthos, Porthos and Aramis" it is quite interesting.
oranges.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

divinefire wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:no h8 just historically accur8
You should probably leave

na hes good since this is an off-topic I meant it to be about commonsense more then pro tier balancing opinions
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

rdx wrote:Aoe 3 is an unrealistic and a mythical game. Some are true, some are false. As you said, French should have give royal guard upgrade to muskets. But it is the problem with the creators of aoe 3. They only see where to put where. Even in history, Chinese are the first to invent gun powder. But in aoe 3, I see no gun powder units in China whereas only one which is also only available in age 3 and sucks sometimes. You studied that story? "Arthos, Porthos and Aramis" it is quite interesting.?

. Yea alexander dumas is a great author, i read all his books and i prefer count of monte cristo... But anyway that was a joke lol... Everyone knows the 3 musketeers, but i also know kings musks were famius though as someone said they were not that large a unit
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

adderbrain5 wrote:
divinefire wrote:You should probably leave
na hes good since this is an off-topic I meant it to be about commonsense more then pro tier balancing opinions

how could this possibly be off-topic when the title of this forum is "aoe3 discussion"

you are trying to discuss aoe3 dude wtf
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

adderbrain5 wrote:
rdx wrote:Aoe 3 is an unrealistic and a mythical game............
. Yea alexander dumas is a great author, i read all his books and i prefer count of monte cristo... But anyway that was a joke lol... Everyone knows the 3 musketeers, but i also know kings musks were famius though as someone said they were not that large a unit
Yeah, old school. Monte cristos is nice too. I like even the author of "Around the world in 80 days" really, fascinating story.
oranges.
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Post by Einfein »

adderbrain5 wrote:Source: studied military history since childhood, lived on planet earth and heard about the three musketeers.
Got a laugh out of me, thanks!

Obvious answer is that it''s a video game and they need to differentiate the civs somehow. Beyond that you can probably post on the official AoE site and wait for their reply. You''ll probably hear back from someone there within the next few years.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

iirc brits musk were better trained than france and france actually had skirms that is ranged inf without bayonets brits had them but were less compared to france therefore they got royal skirm up compared to royal musk. hussar was the general cavalry name and elite cav in france was called cruis and in prussia was called ulhan cruis were slow but heavily guarded and ulhan were light and fast i think ms in general did a decent job at historical accuracy
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

princeofcarthage wrote:iirc brits musk were better trained than france and france actually had skirms that is ranged inf without bayonets brits had them but were less compared to france therefore they got royal skirm up compared to royal musk. hussar was the general cavalry name and elite cav in france was called cruis and in prussia was called ulhan cruis were slow but heavily guarded and ulhan were light and fast i think ms in general did a decent job at historical accuracy
Musketeers are soldiers who are really origined in France and they are guardians of French kings. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musketeer. And yes uhlans are from Prussia. These things have changed in Napoleonic era FP. for example. France has royal guard upgrade for their musketeers enabled. But I doubt that patch still didn''t become popular on online.
oranges.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Lol, The three Musketeers, what a clich? -_-
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

My wet dream is that a launcher is released where you can play any game on the fly: NE, WoL, ESOC Patch, RE
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

incog wrote:My wet dream is that a launcher is released where you can play any game on the fly: NE, WoL, ESOC Patch, RE
I wish that too but online. :)
oranges.
Retired Contributor

rdx wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:iirc brits musk were better trained than france and france actually had skirms that is ranged inf without bayonets brits had them but were less compared to france therefore they got royal skirm up compared to royal musk. hussar was the general cavalry name and elite cav in france was called cruis and in prussia was called ulhan cruis were slow but heavily guarded and ulhan were light and fast i think ms in general did a decent job at historical accuracy
Musketeers are soldiers who are really origined in France and they are guardians of French kings. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musketeer. And yes uhlans are from Prussia. These things have changed in Napoleonic era FP. for example. France has royal guard upgrade for their musketeers enabled. But I doubt that patch still didnt become popular on online.
Why do people always tend to read hastily without understanding the meaning of what is written. I dont get where musketeers originated has anything to do with which being better. Musketeers or redcoats as british called them were simply highly and better trained than their french counterparts. Thats why they get royal guard upgrade and french ones dont.
Retired Contributor

incog wrote:My wet dream is that a launcher is released where you can play any game on the fly: NE, WoL, ESOC Patch, RE
something like civ 5? where before game starts it auto config''s for selected expansions?
Jaeger

Did you just read the history section that is in the game ? Because that''s how it sounds like.
Retired Contributor

shaolinstar wrote:
Did you just read the history section that is in the game ? Because thats how it sounds like.
I never touched the history section or single player or even scenario of aoe 3
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

papist wrote:
frycookofdoom wrote:no

lets play vic 2
EU>'Vic
um no