FFA FFA FFA FFA FFA

No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

FFA FFA FFA FFA FFA

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

i didn't say it was challenging to pick a deck, i meant in the choice of what kind of deck to use leveraging a late game deck vs a fast rush. lets face it may of of come here to talk about strats and you tube and view what pros do and learn from them, so we are all standing on shoulders of geniuses often copying their decks and strats for that perfect civ rush. We just practice the perfect execution of it, whether it be getting an army at 8 mins or booming that perfect score.

and you dont have to play to win, you can just do what you do and have fun and resign when you get bored. that's part of the beauty of it.

booming (turtling) to get a good eco is smart stratedgy if you are trying to win or being able to take on multiple opponents. Its totally valid, sorry you don't like it, you cant force someone to fight unless you start the battle, you can see everyone's scores its not difficult to spot. and you are free to do that.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

FFA FFA FFA FFA FFA

Post by gibson »

I would probably play ffas more often if they weren't just bonified nr 40.......
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

FFA FFA FFA FFA FFA

Post by momuuu »

Its not that the choice to attack in age 2 will cost you the game thats the problem.

It's that the choice to boom will make you lose to someone playing age 2/3, but if you dont boom you will always lose no matter how awesome you do. In the end, the only way to reliably win is to never attack and hope you don't get attacked yourself. Just spam a few of those OP walls and you might make it. It's extremely frustrating for anyone with a slight competitive spirit.

And even if you rush, you can't kill a player because he can simply hide. The only reason I play FFA nowadays is to ruin the day of those cheecky boomers. Screw them.

Also, fighting in age 2 is everything but cheeky. What is cheeky is trying to win by getting lucky. You cant defend a push untill age 5 probably, which means you are just gonna lose if someone does that. It's cheeky that you try to get lucky because you randomly didnt get attacked.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

FFA FFA FFA FFA FFA

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

well u are sort of right. but when i do feel peace in the air and its time to boom I still make at least 1 wall and 4 barracks a stable and a castle. as india its pretty cheap to do so and i always have lots of wood. I sometimes do get rushed or age 4 fight (age 4 is peak of india strength) if I feel its right. but since I use the taj mahal if someone does try to rush me I just use that and make an army and spam some more barracks n fortify and do what ever is necessary. which is more of a turtle than a straight boom I also upgrade my sepoys as i go along. I may even have some troops If i hear about hostilities on the map, but not looking for a fight until I at least have a sustaining eco. I play ffa for that real world dynamic. where politics and diplomacy and random acts all count for something. Just like in real life you can go to war with someone and they can get away only to come back at you. or how the success of countries being able to wage war is totally dependent upon the strength of their economies. To me its more of a feeling of actual empires being built in the land, yes it sucks sometimes and you wish they would just resign instead of trying to stay alive with a explorer and 2 villies. but you cant force it, I have that same opportunity if I get steam rolled. but with hundreds of games of ffa experience I can say I think it helps me think is a big picture strategic terms while also determining the process of whats happening now. Honestly i should play some more SUP but FFA is just so much fun to me. There have been ffas I fought early on and killed every one in the room or even half of it, every time lord_borei (spelling? I don't see him anymore) played as germans he would do just that, wipe the room clean like a few other players I have known. Even jab, gets rushed nearly every game and doubled and etc... still goes to win most of those games. but its possible he subtly cheats I guess and also uses OP france which really is OP in ffa. I think pushes you to the max of what you can accomplish even when faced with odds against you.

also you could say its random but really there are a lot of factors in why or if you get rushed. how u play, whether greedy for territory, stealing treasures, booming too hard, temperment in lobby, civ u chose, etc...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

FFA FFA FFA FFA FFA

Post by momuuu »

I always randomly rush my neighbores, unless only a few have a treaty deck.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

FFA FFA FFA FFA FFA

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I do everything with purpose according to principles found in the art of war. nothing is random other than the circumstances and maps presented to me.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

FFA FFA FFA FFA FFA

Post by momuuu »

And the fact that you might spawn next to me.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

FFA FFA FFA FFA FFA

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

in that occurrence whether next to me or not, knowing your intentions and game style I would change my build order to suit those circumstances. know thy enemy.... or as Gi joe would put it.... knowing is half the battle.
Germany JulianK
ESOC Pro Team
EPL Reigning Champs

Re: FFA FFA FFA FFA FFA

Post by JulianK »

Hey guys ... I just had a FFA game in which someone used cheats (=was able to spawn 3 Fluffy Dogs)

Image redacted
Germany JulianK
ESOC Pro Team
EPL Reigning Champs

Post by JulianK »

As you can see it's the blue Player Redacted
France captainpouple
Crossbow
ESO: bilbo_the_rabbit

Post by captainpouple »

Redacted so don't play in his ffa games ^^
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

FloKo83 Aoe3 wrote:Hey guys ... I just had a FFA game in which someone used cheats (=was able to spawn 3 Fluffy Dogs)

when you could spawn anything and you decide to spawn 3 fluffy doggo to raid villagers..

this guy must be the worst even among cheaters lol
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

he ussually uses them with map hacks to collect the big treasures, then passively cheats to win. but on Redacted account he seems to just not care as he ahs done this to me before as well

other Redacted known alias :Redacted
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

We at ESOC feel your pain and are sorry you had to have a negative experience, but we cannot do anything to ban or penalize players who cheat and we make our focus on enjoying age of empires and playing the game together. We also believe that cheating accusation posts do more harm to the community than good. It is ESOC policy to redact direct mention of usernames in cheating accusations, and so I have redacted parts of the above posts as necessary.

We hope that you continue to enjoy ESOC’s forums, tournaments, maps, and patch. I will be leaving the thread open as the original topic of the thread was not related to any cheating accusations.

What you Can Do:
  1. Use the Pest feature on ESO to ensure you don't encounter a player again that you suspect of cheating.
  2. You can also attempt to report such users to the Microsoft staff at the official Age of Empires Site.
  3. Furthermore, the ESOC patch has measures built into it to prevent the most common types of cheating.
duck
:mds:
imo
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I here ya but then theres a screen shot of actual god units.... its beyond accusation

this guy is a notorious FFA cheat Abuser and that does not help the community who come to play this game and get bashed by him.
I wish reporting actually did something.
1. he uses many accounts to bypass the pest list, to join in under many names
2. ESO does nothing
3. people dont play FFA in EP.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:I here ya but then theres a screen shot of actual god units.... its beyond accusation

this guy is a notorious FFA cheat Abuser and that does not help the community who come to play this game and get bashed by him.
I wish reporting actually did something.
1. he uses many accounts to bypass the pest list, to join in under many names
2. ESO does nothing
3. people dont play FFA in EP.

Its not even rated just leave the game. If you want people to know I can post on Diplo if you want. We don't have any cheating accusation rules. Provided you have proof of course.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

some people play for things other than ratings. FFA is about the fun of the game. Play enough FFAs and you will know to avoid that person. I have known him for years and played many games with him, maybe even at a time when he was not cheating. But after catching him I have literally talked with him about it. He says he started out cause people would always go after him and team up (cause he is a troll and lames france spam) so he does it to win in their faces.
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

The few times I will play FFA I normally just find the most unstable player (there is 90% of the time someone who fits that criteria in larger FFA games) and convince him/her to screw with someone I plan on attacking or taking over as another base. All of this is done implicitly though in order to keep my friendly reputation up for as long as I need it that is ;P
c0ns!
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

FFA's are fun to go otto FI and spahi raid all guys who has treaty decks XD

yeah, and never understood people who even chooses treaty deck for FFA, it's fucking retarded.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

princeofkabul wrote:FFA's are fun to go otto FI and spahi raid all guys who has treaty decks XD

They probably walled...
Error 404: Signature not found
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

noissance wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:FFA's are fun to go otto FI and spahi raid all guys who has treaty decks XD

They probably walled...

so you go through the walls...?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

against 5 players?
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

sure why not
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

The last FFA I played, it went OOS as I was about to kill the last guy.

I had maxed out XP for that game as well. So many feels were had that day
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

FFA is a good way to try out new troll builds, strange deck cards, and have fun. Any FI (revolution or not), boosted-by-unction ronin or mass hatamotos with the card which exchange your coin with export, means a lot of fun.
I know I'll probably lose when against 6+ players or really better players than me but I just don't care since I already did what I wanted, and I leave the others enjoying the 3+ layers of walls that we all love and are the most pleasant way to play this game ^_^
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm: