Gaming mouse

Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Gaming mouse

Post by forgrin »

metis wrote:I''ve got a mouse with two extra buttons at the thumb that are used to move forward and back in web pages. It never has occurred to me to program them for the game. Hmm... I wonder what I could do with them.
I''ve always remapped my attack-move to one of the buttons. Makes kiting easier. Other than that I don''t use them.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Gaming mouse

Post by momuuu »

briowl wrote:
360noob wrote:I have been thinking of getting a gaming mouse. Currently Im using a standard logitech mouse from like walmart or something. Is it worth getting a gaming mouse? What brand and model would you recommend getting?
if you want to follow me down this route (I refuse to use the keyboard when Im playing because being all hunched up like that just feels too much like work), then a gaming mouse on its own isnt enough. I have a razer naga tartarus combo and Ive mapped everything (and I mean everything- I never touch the keyboard when Im playing aoe3) to the keys on both. My find keys and control groups are on the thumb buttons on the mouse and the actions are on the keypad. Its a little complicated but my apm increased massively, although mostly that is due to my apm being pretty low in the first place because I dont play that often.
I want to strongly advise against this. The ability to use 2 hands gives you more brainpower (literally, theres more brain wired to make your actions) and much more speed. It is harder to press buttons and move the mouse with the same hand, especially if its more than 2 buttons. Having to readjust your hand to press buttons on a mouse is going to be hurtful for your mouse accuracy. Also, everyone uses their keyboard to type messages, so your hands are already trained (at least for most of us, especially those than can blind type with 10 fingers (which probably is almost all of the people here)) a lot at handling the keyboard. I type multiple pages of text every day, so my hands are super trained at using a keyboard and have very good accuracy. Why would you completely waste that training to use buttons on a mouse?

I dont want to insult your style, I guess it kinda sounded like I did. I just wanted to say, that if you have to choice Id never invest effort into switching to a mouse with a lot of buttons. Its really inefficient.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Gaming mouse

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

jerom wrote:
briowl wrote:if you want to follow me down this route (I refuse to use the keyboard when Im playing because being all hunched up like that just feels too much like work), then a gaming mouse on its own isnt enough. I have a razer naga tartarus combo and Ive mapped everything (and I mean everything- I never touch the keyboard when Im playing aoe3) to the keys on both. My find keys and control groups are on the thumb buttons on the mouse and the actions are on the keypad. Its a little complicated but my apm increased massively, although mostly that is due to my apm being pretty low in the first place because I dont play that often.
I want to strongly advise against this. The ability to use 2 hands gives you more brainpower (literally, theres more brain wired to make your actions) and much more speed. It is harder to press buttons and move the mouse with the same hand, especially if its more than 2 buttons. Having to readjust your hand to press buttons on a mouse is going to be hurtful for your mouse accuracy. Also, everyone uses their keyboard to type messages, so your hands are already trained (at least for most of us, especially those than can blind type with 10 fingers (which probably is almost all of the people here)) a lot at handling the keyboard. I type multiple pages of text every day, so my hands are super trained at using a keyboard and have very good accuracy. Why would you completely waste that training to use buttons on a mouse?

I dont want to insult your style, I guess it kinda sounded like I did. I just wanted to say, that if you have to choice Id never invest effort into switching to a mouse with a lot of buttons. Its really inefficient.

+1
50% of my actions are keyboards
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Gaming mouse

Post by briowl »

jerom wrote:
briowl wrote:if you want to follow me down this route (I refuse to use the keyboard when Im playing because being all hunched up like that just feels too much like work), then a gaming mouse on its own isnt enough. I have a razer naga tartarus combo and Ive mapped everything (and I mean everything- I never touch the keyboard when Im playing aoe3) to the keys on both. My find keys and control groups are on the thumb buttons on the mouse and the actions are on the keypad. Its a little complicated but my apm increased massively, although mostly that is due to my apm being pretty low in the first place because I dont play that often.

Yeah I knew some of those whod taken the time to memorise all the different hotkeys wouldnt be happy thats theres a way to effectively bypass playing hours using money! lol :) btw I am using both hands- its just that the keys that you use on the keyboard are grouped together on a keypad. I have this guy under my left [attachment id="2033" thumbnail="1"]while Im holding this dude in my right [attachment id="2034" thumbnail="1"]
Attachments
index.jpg
23-114-033-TS.jpg
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Gaming mouse

Post by Garja »

that mouse is pretty pointless for RTS games.
Image Image Image
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Gaming mouse

Post by briowl »

garja wrote:that mouse is pretty pointless for RTS games.
:)
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Gaming mouse

Post by Kaiserklein »

And ugly
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Gaming mouse

Post by gibson »

And useless as it is essentially a small keyboard, and everyone already has a full sized keyboard.....
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Gaming mouse

Post by briowl »

lol
No Flag pingu
Crossbow

Gaming mouse

Post by pingu »

PINGU USES DEATHADDER CHROMA

SLEAK PRECISE BRAIDED CORD EASY INSTALL SIMPLE USE LIGHT AND EASY ENOUGH BUTTON FOR RTS BUT NOT TOO MUCH FOR RTS ITS ENOUGH BUTTONS PERFECT AMOUNT FOR RTS GAMES

BUY FROM AMAZON SEARCH FOR SELLER NAMED TIJUANA86 AND IN PROMO CODE TYPE PINGU THIS GIVES YOU NO DISCOUNT BUT ITS STILL FUN TO DO