Howdah

Important message to the guys who reported me

Post by Metis »

Reported you for what?
No Flag illmatic
Dragoon

Post by illmatic »

probly sharing accounts like i said on his last thread.
I never brag how real I keep it, cause it's the best secret
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

I'm (almost) sure it lasts for only one week. Moesbar and Bpds were banned so shortly too.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Hopefully those who were temporarily banned will learn their lesson. If they repeat their bad behavior they may well find themselves permanently banned.
No Flag django
Skirmisher

Post by django »

The funny thing is, he did not hack. Uploading a "Zoom out" tutorial doesnt make u a hacker. modifying the zoom file with the editor is not a hack, its just being more intelligent than ppl who think the game is made in the best way
If u gonna lose, to noob django, who u gonna blame ? NOOB KingofOsmane
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

I'm not so sure that showing a higher-than-normal zoom on a YouTube channel was the cause of the ban. That said, modifying zoom in multiplayer games has always been a bannable hack.

Mods and Hacks

It has come to our attention that a popular UI mod enables users to zoom out further than the game usually allows. This gives the player with the mod an unfair advantage, and we consider this cheating when used in multiplayer games. If you are using a mod that has this functionality, do not make use of it in multiplayer games, or uninstall the mod.

We are also looking into other hacks at this time, and would like to remind players that we have a zero tolerance policy towards cheating and the use of hacks.

http://www.eso.com/archive42006.aspx
No Flag django
Skirmisher

Post by django »

A mod is something to download. Who ever wrote this shit has no clue what the difference is between mod and changing sthing with the editor. Bobabu has not used it in multiplayer. He just showed it against a cpu. If there is some butthurt dickhead around here who feels sad for this cpu that got hacked by bobabu, should jump out of the window.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

metis wrote:I''m not so sure that showing a higher-than-normal zoom on a YouTube channel was the cause of the ban. That said, modifying zoom in multiplayer games has always been a bannable hack.

Mods and Hacks

It has come to our attention that a popular UI mod enables users to zoom out further than the game usually allows. This gives the player with the mod an unfair advantage, and we consider this cheating when used in multiplayer games. If you are using a mod that has this functionality, do not make use of it in multiplayer games, or uninstall the mod.

We are also looking into other hacks at this time, and would like to remind players that we have a zero tolerance policy towards cheating and the use of hacks.
http://www.eso.com/archive42006.aspx
Yes there was mod out for zoom but it was bit different. iirc that mod actually eh you can say idk what word to use but lets say hack the game files. If you open the gamey or protoy some file at start you can see something like if user wish to make any local changes create a user.cfg and use it in. Its something what microsoft intended/allowed players to do. If they didnt wanted to be used in multiplayer they couldve have easily restricted access to user.cfg in multiplayer mode which they didnt. I dont think ppl ever got banned for it.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag 360noob
Crossbow

Post by 360noob »

The important question is why moesbar and gang still unbanned?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

360noob wrote:The important question is why moesbar and gang still unbanned?
cause it''s an op game with op modetators.
but bobabu don''t you havea smurf or sumthing? no need to quit this game
No Flag illmatic
Dragoon

Post by illmatic »

somppukunkku wrote:
360noob wrote:The important question is why moesbar and gang still unbanned?
cause its an op game with op modetators.
but bobabu dont you havea smurf or sumthing? no need to quit this game

ip ban.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

illmatic wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:cause its an op game with op modetators.

ip ban.

Ever heard of a proxy?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

illmatic wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:cause its an op game with op modetators.

ip ban.

pretty sure he didnt get ip banned, and if he did, he probably did something very serious because i havent heard of someone getting ip banned in 6 years. and ppl got banned for racism n shit.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

django wrote:A mod is something to download. Who ever wrote this shit has no clue what the difference is between mod and changing sthing with the editor. Bobabu has not used it in multiplayer. He just showed it against a cpu. If there is some butthurt dickhead around here who feels sad for this cpu that got hacked by bobabu, should jump out of the window.
Uhm, no.
No Flag django
Skirmisher

Post by django »

wikipedia is your friendhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mod_%28video_gaming%29
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

A mod or modification is the alteration of content from a video game in order to make it operate in a manner different from its original version.
And he did alterate the game.
No Flag django
Skirmisher

Post by django »

In my opinion he didnt change the game content. Maybe the point of view but its not combarable to mods in common way
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

django wrote:In my opinion he didnt change the game content. Maybe the point of view but its not combarable to mods in common way
Sorry to say this, but this isn''t a matter of opinion. He changed the game content by changing the files (and not personal files like hotkey files).

A mod is a modification, a modification is everything that''s not the original anymore.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

If this is a perm IP ban I am gonna rito on all those fucking hackers not getting banned.

Seriously, I am getting my pitchforks out right now. Those fuckers at microsoft can go screw themselves.
No Flag illmatic
Dragoon

Post by illmatic »

umeu wrote:
illmatic wrote:ip ban.
pretty sure he didnt get ip banned, and if he did, he probably did something very serious because i havent heard of someone getting ip banned in 6 years. and ppl got banned for racism n shit.?

kerk got ip banned for being falesly accused of stealing someones acct. that was six years ago but it could still apply.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

edeholland wrote:
django wrote:In my opinion he didnt change the game content. Maybe the point of view but its not combarable to mods in common way
Sorry to say this, but this isnt a matter of opinion. He changed the game content by changing the files (and not personal files like hotkey files).

A mod is a modification, a modification is everything thats not the original anymore.

Like I already said, I wasnt using it in any of my other games. You can check all my twitch streams. I streamed almost every game I played. There are a lot of people which use macros, use hacks, like the moesbar hack, change the mouse settings with a software not everyone has, use the scout glitch, use the rotator(which is also alternating the game btw). I havent made use of them at all. They actually give an advantage over the other players. And I also didnt change the zoom while playing online. I won against the same players with the stream off and on because it didnt change anything for me. I went so far to show everything I did. I dont know why Im defending myself from people who never streamed in their whole life. So if you want to have a fair tournament force everyone to stream... So much shit talk going on. Im disappointed in you
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Perhaps you still don't realize this: Everytime an account is banned, any account ever connected (directly or indirectly) to that account in terms of ip addresses is also banned.

If I were you, I'd stop logging onto to so many accounts that aren't mine and stop sharing the details of my accounts with other people.

Your ESO accounts are only as safe as you want them to be. Eat dikks, make money.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

How about not trying to get or dispensing information that leads to players getting an unfair advantage. Then you won't get banned. Why even involve yourself there, simply get as good at the game as you can without changing files or whatever shit you do.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

zoom wrote:Perhaps you still don''t realize this: Everytime an account is banned, any account ever connected (directly or indirectly) to that account in terms of ip addresses is also banned.

If I were you, I''d stop logging onto to so many accounts that aren''t mine and stop sharing the details of my accounts with other people.

Your ESO accounts are only as safe as you want them to be. Eat dikks, make money.
this is not true...