Rating Vs PR

No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Rating Vs PR

Post by Wuangaga »

r4go wrote:
tibia wrote:I also think you go quiker up in rank after a decay?, maybe variance resets until you reach the pr you once was.
yes, if your acc be reset for inactivity, when you will be back it works as a new acc.
My acc got reset after inactivity and i had to win like 50 games to even get to the sargeant rank, so it doesnt work like a new acc.
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Rating Vs PR

Post by r4go »

wuangaga wrote:
r4go wrote:yes, if your acc be reset for inactivity, when you will be back it works as a new acc.
My acc got reset after inactivity and i had to win like 50 games to even get to the sargeant rank, so it doesnt work like a new acc.
ummhh all games was reset??? very strange, i noticed when i went back to age, my acc was pr 25 (this becouse i was 35, and if you go up pr 24 your acc will never be reset whit pr under zero) and i won some games and my pr fly hight very fast, my HC was 60-80
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Rating Vs PR

Post by momuuu »

My account also got reset and its getting pr as slowly as it was before.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Rating Vs PR

Post by Marco1698 »

Definitively rating better
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Rating Vs PR

Post by Good ol Ivan »

I like elo because it gives different points/rankings for team games and 1v1s. But PR is also pretty decent if you ask me.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Rating Vs PR

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Pr isn't decent because it doesn't prevent noob bashing and because low hc make you win like 5pr.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Rating Vs PR

Post by fightinfrenchman »

All ranks are useless except forum ranks... post count matters more than win percentage or anything else
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Rating Vs PR

Post by evilcheadar »

diarouga wrote:Pr isn''t decent because it doesn''t prevent noob bashing and because low hc make you win like 5pr.
wtf so gay
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Rating Vs PR

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I guess what i like about PR is its more understandable as to what an expert/ noob level is. but there are plenty of smurfs playing on low accounts and average players on high accounts.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Rating Vs PR

Post by Good ol Ivan »

diarouga wrote:Pr isn''t decent because it doesn''t prevent noob bashing and because low hc make you win like 5pr.
neither does elo.
Low HCs also make sense to me tbh.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Rating Vs PR

ivan wrote:
diarouga wrote:Pr isnt decent because it doesnt prevent noob bashing and because low hc make you win like 5pr.
neither does elo.
Well, thats not because youre using low HCs that youre better (people are usually even worse. Who uses low HCs? People who only do azzy/otto/brit/russian rush lol).
Elo doesnt prevent the noob bashing but you can be number 1 rating after bashing 20 noobs while to be number 1 elo, you need to bash like 700-800 noobs.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Rating Vs PR

Post by gibson »

Looking at the graphs for my pr and elo since I started playing, I think my pr is a much better and more accurate representation of my skill level and how I've improved...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Rating Vs PR

Post by momuuu »

Apart from noobbashing and using low HCs, I find pr to be mostly accurate. I guess the decay is way too steep aswell.
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Rating Vs PR

Post by Wuangaga »

The more games you get the more accurate is your PR.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Rating Vs PR

Post by Marco1698 »

I won vs a Japanese on qs (pr27) and when he resigned he used alt+f4. The server didn't give me any points
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Rating Vs PR

Post by Good ol Ivan »

diarouga wrote:
ivan wrote:neither does elo.
Well, thats not because youre using low HCs that youre better (people are usually even worse. Who uses low HCs? People who only do azzy/otto/brit/russian rush lol).
Elo doesnt prevent the noob bashing but you can be number 1 rating after bashing 20 noobs while to be number 1 elo, you need to bash like 700-800 noobs.
How does it prevent noob bashing?
Elo fluctuates even more than PR lol. And yeah thats because elo doesnt count your past games, while PRs logarithm does...
If I play against players ranked only 3 PR less than me I will win 90% of the time. Nonetheless, my PR would stay almost exactly the same while my elo skyrockets 100-300 points beyond my actual skill...
The only exception to the rule are the smurfs who abuse lvl 10-24 Ottos...
Nonetheless, the "civ level" or the "game past" variables are still a nice add because they do a pretty neat job calculating the players approximate rank in other situations...

For example:
Lets say you just started playing DM, you have played only 5 games so far yet you won all of them, and the opponents you played against were all liets or capts.
Your PR should skyrocket to liet, if not beyond... In the other hand elo would take much more to catch up to your skill level... In this situation the accounts elo should range somewhere between 1700 and 1800.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Rating Vs PR

Post by momuuu »

ivan wrote:
diarouga wrote:Well, thats not because youre using low HCs that youre better (people are usually even worse. Who uses low HCs? People who only do azzy/otto/brit/russian rush lol).
How does it prevent noob bashing?
Elo fluctuates even more than PR lol. And yeah thats because elo doesnt count your past games, while PRs logarithm does...
If I play against players ranked only 3 PR less than me I will win 90% of the time. Nonetheless, my PR would stay almost exactly the same while my elo skyrockets 100-300 points beyond my actual skill...
The only exception to the rule are the smurfs who abuse lvl 10-24 Ottos...
Nonetheless, the "civ level" or the "game past" variables are still a nice add because they do a pretty neat job calculating the players approximate rank in other situations...

For example:
Lets say you just started playing DM, you have played only 5 games so far yet you won all of them, and the opponents you played against were all liets or capts.
Your PR should skyrocket to liet, if not beyond... In the other hand elo would take much more to catch up to your skill level... In this situation the accounts elo should range somewhere between 1700 and 1800.

elo accounts for this 90% winrate by giving you a large substraction for losing. In fact, elo point gains and losses are directly related to the chance you should have (if your elo is correct) to win against a player of certain skill. If your winrate is higher, you should move up to a higher elo bracket. The only problem could be that you are above averagely good at beating lower ranked players, thus maintaining a higher winrate against those than what could be expected. The result is that your ranking increases to a point where you cant really hold your own against people of similair ranking.

To say pr is unaccurate is unfair though. If it would calculate team and 1v1 independantly itd be pretty accurate imo. Hell, a top team player can also be better in 1v1 than his elo suggests (veni?) so sometimes pr might even be more accurate.

As you pointed out, pr also adapts better to people playing on smurfs and ranking up very rapidly. It sometimes overadjusts a little bit, which means playing on a new account can slightly inflate your pr for a little while.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Rating Vs PR

Post by adderbrain5 »

How can i get my account to my real skill level so i dont have to play with noobs anymore? I really onlylike 3v:3 but ofc my winrate is higher in 1v1 its just too boring for me to grind 1v1 alll the time Personally my highest acct was major but these days id probably be somewhere in the lieutenit captain range. Major on my best day mb but not stable and i dont play that much. Seems like i cant rank up worth a damn. I get drop hacked by some fucktard with a noob city and i lose a PR
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Rating Vs PR

Play 1v1 and don't free loose.
No offense man, but I don't think you're really major... When I played vs you you aged in 5min30 as iro and then sent the explo card which is terrible.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Rating Vs PR

Post by adderbrain5 »

diarouga wrote:Play 1v1 and don''t free loose.
No offense man, but I don''t think you''re really major... When I played vs you you aged in 5min30 as iro and then sent the explo card which is terrible.

i kind of want to make one of those meme posters : HAVE U EVER CONSIDERED.... That i was just being a gentlemen rotfl you think im really going to rush your japs so that you can say that i only won becaus eif a nooby bb rush?
First of all if its not rated im not playing to win.
If its not rated im playing tk try something, practice or make a point
See i''m not like all u herbs. If im going to beat ur japs im not going to rush. To me thats not winning. If i cant beat u at ten minutes i havent really beaten u and btw that was an excellent use of the explorer card. I challenge anyone to tell me why having a 240 siege explorer to trash shrines all around the map isnt OPAF when i know u have no nag shipment or stable come on man u got some lucky besteiros out though thats all. Ik ur french and french people dont really speak english but i said on my best day i might still play like a major. And that definately wasnt it anyway... In fact i dont think i played for months after getting my medal(which none of you pros have cough) bro interesting though that you come up here and say im not a major, but your hally to leave it that im a sergeant.. When you yourself said im definately higher than that a lieutenit or something. What pattern am i picking up here
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Rating Vs PR

Then why aren't you captain?
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Rating Vs PR

Post by adderbrain5 »

diarouga wrote:Then why aren''t you captain?

well look at my simple elo. I win most 1v1 but lose most team games. And i only play 3v3 so mb thats why. Also cuz i dont want it that bad. Ms knows how to play basically so im happy there
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Rating Vs PR

Post by gibson »

adderbrain5 wrote:
diarouga wrote:Then why arent you captain?
well look at my simple elo. I win most 1v1 but lose most team games. And i only play 3v3 so mb thats why. Also cuz i dont want it that bad. Ms knows how to play basically so im happy there

same here but Im a captian lol..... Master sergeants dont know how to play lol I play some 2x2 with a serg mate on a low account against ms and 2nd lt and post 10 minutes I literally just win the game 2x1....
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Rating Vs PR

Post by adderbrain5 »

gibson wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote: well look at my simple elo. I win most 1v1 but lose most team games. And i only play 3v3 so mb thats why. Also cuz i dont want it that bad. Ms knows how to play basically so im happy there
same here but Im a captian lol..... Master sergeants dont know how to play lol I play some 2x2 with a serg mate on a low account against ms and 2nd lt and post 10 minutes I literally just win the game 2x1....
pretty sure if i made a new account id be a captain at least. good for u and yea MS know how to play basically.
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Rating Vs PR

Post by Wuangaga »

adderbrain5 wrote:
gibson wrote:same here but Im a captian lol..... Master sergeants dont know how to play lol I play some 2x2 with a serg mate on a low account against ms and 2nd lt and post 10 minutes I literally just win the game 2x1....
pretty sure if i made a new account id be a captain at least. good for u and yea MS know how to play basically.
Youd be captain for 10-20 games maybe and then drop down to 2. lt or so the more games you play. Assuming you only play 1v1s of course.