Underpowered
8%
Underused
13%
Neutral
1%
Capable of being powerful if played well
39%
Need to be buffed/nerfed changed in a patch (Esoc or other)
18%
I hate Sioux and think this thread is dumb
18%
Other
3%

Total votes: 72

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Sioux-Opinions

Post by spanky4ever »

kaiserklein wrote:Sioux are gay, they just like shit maps, which is a reason why they are broken... A civ that relies on mapscrews to win isn''t really an interesting civ imo. As gay as playing vs jan rushes or cepoy rushes on no food map... Depends on the way sioux are played ofc, but mostly people lame with them in qs

I don''t think they are so underused tho, I often find sioux players in qs
another homefobiac - gay in disguise. dont be afraind of your on sexuality :sexynurse:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Sioux-Opinions

Post by spanky4ever »

sioux is the only civ that cant make walls. Thats pretty bad - cos they realy arent a rush civ. And cetan are underpowerd. The only chance to win is to rush with cav if u are good at micro. Sioux should have upgraded cetanbows - or make wakina rifles in age 2.
Its just a little unfair that sioux is the only civ that cannont make walls. cannons, and on top of that, has a bad eco
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Sioux-Opinions

Post by _venox_ »

Their lack of any sort of boom is the problem and imbalanced units, not too weak cetans or lack of walls per se.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Sioux-Opinions

Post by spanky4ever »

venox wrote:Their lack of any sort of boom is the problem and imbalanced units, not too weak cetans or lack of walls per se.
Well - its not comf. too boom without walls - and top of that - no option to make waterboom. But still i realy like sioux- and its my favorit civ cos they dont need to make houses etc.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Sioux-Opinions

Post by _venox_ »

For about half the civilisations it's not optimal to go for a water boom' also saying that one can't boom without walls: I don't think you wall in every game you play from minute 5 onwards, because that's where most booms start.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Sioux-Opinions

Post by adderbrain5 »

Sue may not be able to boom in age two, but opting to age to three with 800 wood for an extra Towncenter and shipping adoption is a pretty good boom if you ask me
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Sioux-Opinions

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

iwillspankyou wrote:Its just a little unfair that sioux is the only civ that cannont make walls. cannons, and on top of that, has a bad eco
Yes, it is very unfair that the Sioux did not ever obtain cannons, and walls and had a bad eco due to constant traveling. Blame Crazy Horse, kid.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Sioux-Opinions

Post by Papist »

venox wrote:Their lack of any sort of boom is the problem and imbalanced units, not too weak cetans or lack of walls per se.
Their boom is actually wonderful in the mid game - their bison cards, hunting buff politician, and 3 hunting cards make their spam pretty intense while the natural resources last. But after the hunts are gone, Sioux are a painfully bad civ.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Sioux-Opinions

Post by Kaiserklein »

iwillspankyou wrote:sioux is the only civ that cant make walls. Thats pretty bad - cos they realy arent a rush civ. And cetan are underpowerd. The only chance to win is to rush with cav if u are good at micro. Sioux should have upgraded cetanbows - or make wakina rifles in age 2.
Its just a little unfair that sioux is the only civ that cannont make walls. cannons, and on top of that, has a bad eco
Who cares they have brs and rrs
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Sioux-Opinions

Post by Papist »

kaiserklein wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:sioux is the only civ that cant make walls. Thats pretty bad - cos they realy arent a rush civ. And cetan are underpowerd. The only chance to win is to rush with cav if u are good at micro. Sioux should have upgraded cetanbows - or make wakina rifles in age 2.
Who cares they have brs and rrs
And if you have the cards and the time for it, teepees!

[video src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrm_CkTjhvg"][/video]
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Sioux-Opinions

Post by spanky4ever »

papist wrote:
kaiserklein wrote:Who cares they have brs and rrs
And if you have the cards and the time for it, teepees!

i have seen this game before - russian where noob - and didnt rush as they could, and should have done.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Sioux-Opinions

Post by Good ol Ivan »

Sioux never made much sense to me anyway.
Why the fuck would the devs include fucking sioux but not incas on TWC?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Sioux-Opinions

Post by momuuu »

The devs did catch the spirit of the civ pretty well though' completely useless apart from their mastery of cavalry.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Sioux-Opinions

Post by Papist »

iwillspankyou wrote:
papist wrote:And if you have the cards and the time for it, teepees!

i have seen this game before - france where noob - and didnt rush as they could, and should have done.?

Yeah, they were noobs. It still shows Sioux can be potent given time though.
No Flag silky
Musketeer

Sioux-Opinions

Post by silky »

I love Sioux.
Death to gendarme-spammers.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Sioux-Opinions

Post by Papist »

ivan wrote:Sioux never made much sense to me anyway.
Why the fuck would the devs include fucking sioux but not incas on TWC?
Incas are too similar to Aztec, and Sioux make the native pool of civs more rounded. Aztecs are the pre-colonial civ, Iroquois are the colonial civ, and Sioux are the post-colonial civ, fighting in the series of conflicts known collectively as the "Indian Wars", and actually inflicting the only native defeat of the US Army in a war (Red Cloud''s War).
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Sioux-Opinions

Post by _venox_ »

I totally agree to Papist.
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Sioux-Opinions

Post by Einfein »

Like most people have said the Sioux civ is broken both ways in terms of being heavily OP and UP in various match ups and maps. I'm actually surprised ES didn't apply their same train of thought to Sioux as they did for the Aztecs. Aztecs are supposed to be the game's premiere infantry civ, but they have unique infantry units that are clearly not true infantry. The same could have been done with Sioux, but instead would have been unique cavalry units that filled similar roles as other civs' infantry. They do have this to a certain extent, but not to the degree the Aztecs do. Lots of less then desirable infantry.

Does anyone know much about the teepees and their uses? I've honestly never used them and I've only ever had them used against me in two games so I just fought away from them. Not really sure if they are a brilliant yet underused Sioux option or if they're not used because they're just not worth it...
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Sioux-Opinions

Post by Good ol Ivan »

Maybe sligthly underused but still not too necessary in vast majority of situations. Also require another card for them to be actually useful so they can boost nearby units' atk. You would rather have other age 2 cards as sioux anyway.
Teepees are meant to make sioux have options on late game...
not so much for early game play.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Sioux-Opinions

Post by momuuu »

Sioux could be very interesting if teepees were good. Imagine if all infantry could quickly build them during battles for a balanced cost? Itd be very unique at the very least.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Sioux-Opinions

Post by Garja »

There is a card for that.
Image Image Image
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Sioux-Opinions

Post by briowl »

if teepees buffed villager hitpoints they might be worth building
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Sioux-Opinions

Post by Hazza54321 »

Me and my mate did a comp stomp and he played sioux and sent the teepee cards and axe riders had 515att lmao
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Sioux-Opinions

Post by Jaeger »

hazza54321 wrote:Me and my mate did a comp stomp and he played sioux and sent the teepee cards and axe riders had 515att lmao
I wish there was a team hackapel card so that sioux could get 1000 attack hackapells
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Sioux-Opinions

Post by Hazza54321 »

ovi12 wrote:
hazza54321 wrote:Me and my mate did a comp stomp and he played sioux and sent the teepee cards and axe riders had 515att lmao
I wish there was a team hackapel card so that sioux could get 1000 attack hackapells

i honestly think it would be more with 25v on fp and 20 upped teepees