best way to improve micro??

No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

Hi. I have some question about micro.
1- i remeber veni did a video about how to micro cav...are there also for fantery artigliery??
2- time.to.micro is good to improve it??
3- do.you know a way to improve it??
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Post by DerMaxinator »

Well for the first question, if you have melee infantry then you should do it the same way as with the cav, and with ranged infantry you should try to kite and use your ranged advantage (if there is one). For artillery... I guess just try to safe it from cav with your anticav and if your playing treaty just retreat when you see a culverin, and bring them back as soon as the culv is gone.
Time to micro is pretty good, I think for little improvement you can also just play against the PC, although that would be really easy...
And for other ways to improve just play :D
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Just practice it and you will see a lot of improvement in a short period of time. Scenarios are indeed a great place to perfect micro skills - I actually learned how to kite with skirms in colloseums.

Use control groups and attack move if you don't already - in big fights, try to have a few small groups of skirms using attack move to maximize damage. In cavalry battles, use alt to see hit points, and pull back any units that are taking too much damage (the unit will survive and the enemy unit will chase it, making the enemy unit useless). If the opponent does this to you, re task it.

Most micro techniques are pretty simple and self explanatory - execution comes down to apm and experience.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

my fall is in execution...in team i've no problem whit micro, but 1v1, i suck whit micro. I do groups but i'm not so fast to controll them, i'm very caotic in the controll of the units and often some units go alone to attack, i mean, if i fix my dragoons in a place, when enemies come, one dragoon go alone vs enemies...how i can tell them to stop and don't move?? xD whit the advanced options for units??
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

r4go wrote:my fall is in execution...in team i''ve no problem whit micro, but 1v1, i suck whit micro. I do groups but i''m not so fast to controll them, i''m very caotic in the controll of the units and often some units go alone to attack, i mean, if i fix my dragoons in a place, when enemies come, one dragoon go alone vs enemies...how i can tell them to stop and don''t move?? xD whit the advanced options for units??

One unit going towards the enemy happens to everybody, you just have to watch them closely and pull them back. also you should probably have your long range units like skirms in front so that doesn''t happen with dragoons. If you want to improve micro you should play some spain and dutch :D
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I can confirm that playing Dutch does not improve your micro.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

You need to check older threads dude... This one already exists, like the brit vs german one
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Post by DerMaxinator »

ovi12 wrote:
r4go wrote:my fall is in execution...in team ive no problem whit micro, but 1v1, i suck whit micro. I do groups but im not so fast to controll them, im very caotic in the controll of the units and often some units go alone to attack, i mean, if i fix my dragoons in a place, when enemies come, one dragoon go alone vs enemies...how i can tell them to stop and dont move?? xD whit the advanced options for units??
One unit going towards the enemy happens to everybody, you just have to watch them closely and pull them back. also you should probably have your long range units like skirms in front so that doesnt happen with dragoons. If you want to improve micro you should play some spain and dutch :D
Longer range units also have a bigger LOS, so you can see the enemy coming earlier, but dont put your canons up front :P
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

r4go wrote:my fall is in execution...in team i''ve no problem whit micro, but 1v1, i suck whit micro. I do groups but i''m not so fast to controll them, i''m very caotic in the controll of the units and often some units go alone to attack, i mean, if i fix my dragoons in a place, when enemies come, one dragoon go alone vs enemies...how i can tell them to stop and don''t move?? xD whit the advanced options for units??
Use control groups and make sure to task the units that are supposed to back to the rear of your army. If one of your goons moves forward, slect the group and send it back. Problem solved. Try to move your entire army as a unit (no goons way out front, no skirms and cannons coming forward unguarded, etc.). Sending units forward to bait a small number of enemy units forwards into your army is actually an effective strategy - you may be the victim of this depending on your pr.

In my experience, the hardest thing about microing in 1v1s is that they are much more stressful games typically. Or at least that is my experience. Make sure that you are 100% relaxed going into your games - if you are nervous, or afraid you will slip up, you will be WAAYYY more likely to slip up in your macro and micro. Take a deep breath, always keep an eye of the minimap for the enemy army, and concentrate on winning fights.

"One unit going towards the enemy happens to everybody, you just have to watch them closely and pull them back. also you should probably have your long range units like skirms in front so that doesn''t happen with dragoons. If you want to improve micro you should play some spain and dutch :D
"

The only thing Dutch teaches you is how to lame with skirms.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

papist wrote:
r4go wrote:my fall is in execution...in team ive no problem whit micro, but 1v1, i suck whit micro. I do groups but im not so fast to controll them, im very caotic in the controll of the units and often some units go alone to attack, i mean, if i fix my dragoons in a place, when enemies come, one dragoon go alone vs enemies...how i can tell them to stop and dont move?? xD whit the advanced options for units??
Use control groups and make sure to task the units that are supposed to back to the rear of your army. If one of your goons moves forward, slect the group and send it back. Problem solved. Try to move your entire army as a unit (no goons way out front, no skirms and cannons coming forward unguarded, etc.). Sending units forward to bait a small number of enemy units forwards into your army is actually an effective strategy - you may be the victim of this depending on your pr.

In my experience, the hardest thing about microing in 1v1s is that they are much more stressful games typically. Or at least that is my experience. Make sure that you are 100% relaxed going into your games - if you are nervous, or afraid you will slip up, you will be WAAYYY more likely to slip up in your macro and micro. Take a deep breath, always keep an eye of the minimap for the enemy army, and concentrate on winning fights.

"One unit going towards the enemy happens to everybody, you just have to watch them closely and pull them back. also you should probably have your long range units like skirms in front so that doesnt happen with dragoons. If you want to improve micro you should play some spain and dutch :D
"

All the civs have skirms, and skirms are the most important unit type to micro so you need to be able to do everything with skirms.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Dutch teaches you how to hit and run mostly. And how to be defensive. If you want to improve in terms of micro, I'd personally advise China.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

jerom wrote:Dutch teaches you how to hit and run mostly. And how to be defensive. If you want to improve in terms of micro, I''d personally advise China.
Or germany
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

papist wrote:

"One unit going towards the enemy happens to everybody, you just have to watch them closely and pull them back. also you should probably have your long range units like skirms in front so that doesnt happen with dragoons. If you want to improve micro you should play some spain and dutch :D
"

op reply dude :D ive played age since 2005/6, but i played for the most of my time team games :P in team micro is different and for me is more easy than 1v1, in 1v1 i lost controll whit group and im not fast :/ but i think is also attitude. In team im more reactive xD
Germany koenigerik1
Pro Player
ESO: snowww

Post by koenigerik1 »

if u use groups the most important thing is, not to forget which units are in which group.. like if ur raiding with 3 cav groups, i usually do it like the cav group on the left is on "1", the middle one on "2", and the third on "3", then u gotta switch from group to group all time to care u dont get catched or so.. if u know exactly which unit group is on 1 u can react very fast ( if ur keep watching on mini map also) and prevent yourself from running into enemys army.. and that''s what u can practise a lot
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

koenigerik1 wrote:
if u use groups the most important thing is, not to forget which units are in which group.. like if ur raiding with 3 cav groups, i usually do it like the cav group on the left is on "1", the middle one on "2", and the third on "3", then u gotta switch from group to group all time to care u dont get catched or so.. if u know exactly which unit group is on 1 u can react very fast ( if ur keep watching on mini map also) and prevent yourself from running into enemys army.. and thats what u can practise a lot
Ty erik if you have time to waste, we can do some 1-1 so maybe you will tell me where my micro sucks more:D and i will pay you in nature
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

nnoooo smiles don't works there.... i did a <3 for you erik
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Just play, use groups and attack moove.
Time to micro won't help you, maybe a bit if you don t use groups.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

kaiserklein wrote:
jerom wrote:Dutch teaches you how to hit and run mostly. And how to be defensive. If you want to improve in terms of micro, Id personally advise China.
Or germany
Germany lol, one of the easiest.
I think the hardest is china indead (india is quite intensive but most of the time you just go sepoy rush).
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

diarouga wrote:
kaiserklein wrote:Or germany
Germany lol, one of the easiest.
I think the hardest is china indead (india is quite intensive but most of the time you just go sepoy rush).
Never... A civ with no musks cant be easy to micro. German players attack moving with uhlans and skirms are just bad, it wont work against cav musks or cav pikes (or any viable composition well microed by the opponent). And you often have to hold the timing pushes with bows vils mm or whatever.
India might be hard to micro if you use many different units, but since 95% of the time I meet sepoys with like 4 cav at most I dont call this micro
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Hit and run with WW is also super easy to micro lol.
And you don't have to fight with vills that much.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

diarouga wrote:Hit and run with WW is also super easy to micro lol.
And you don''t have to fight with vills that much.
Wtf ? Compared to hit and run with goons ? Kiting musks with ww is so hard that most people think it doesn''t work
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

germany is indeed one of the best civs to practice the micro. In general civs without musks just require more micro.
Image Image Image
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

garja wrote:germany is indeed one of the best civs to practice the micro. In general civs without musks just require more micro.
And i played only civ whit musk or jans xD
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

meh, a civ that is reliant on hand cav cant require too much micro.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Time to Micro scenario will improve your micromanagement ability.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums