Water Balance on ESOC Patch

No Flag Sgt_ROFLCopter
Musketeer

Post by Sgt_ROFLCopter »

Having read more opinions and doing more mumbling to myself I've decided that I think the way to balance navy is to make all naval units draw from the same population pool. By making this change, monitors are no longer an addition to your navy' they are a substitution. Frigates are more effective in naval combat than monitors are so the use of monitors to attack terrain will risk sacrificing your naval superiority.

Balance.

In a perfect world, your navy would be your regular army units waging war from the deck of a ship and the monitor would just be the natural consequence of hitting industrial and sticking a mortar in your frigate. It would still be OP as hell but we would be praising a genius player instead of criticizing a crappy dev. Just my $0.03.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

You know, water might not be that atrocious, but I wouldnt have been playing this game anymore if water was the standard. I would have probably quit the game many years ago. Water is only fun once every 20 games or so, its get repetitive and boring really fast and just lacks in gameplay overall.
No Flag Sgt_ROFLCopter
Musketeer

Post by Sgt_ROFLCopter »

I think having boats just be floating pieces of land with a max HP would be interesting gameplay. Add one or two fixed guns that require a specific angle to fire from and give boats the ability to shoot while moving and you've got yourself some seriously tactical naval wars.