CANNONS NEED A BUFF

are cannons under/overpowered

need buff mostly
4%
need nerf mostly
4%
fine as is
91%
silly balancing fools! work on new features instead!
2%

Total votes: 55

You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

CANNONS NEED A BUFF

Post by Marco1698 »

They don't really need a buff
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

CANNONS NEED A BUFF

Post by evilcheadar »

Maybe buff culverins by not making them charge into battle against hand cavalry.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

CANNONS NEED A BUFF

Post by forgrin »

edeholland wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:even funnier is that units fire and even melee hits through walls ( metoer hammers and flail cav can do this)

Every hand cav can ')

Couldnt the collision radius of walls be increased to fix this? This is weird :p
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

CANNONS NEED A BUFF

Post by momuuu »

Units missing can also mess up micro. For example drag box micro will probably fade away then since it is too inconsistent to be effective if units can miss.

Falcs are fine, they could be more of a core unit but culverins are so strong that falcs are a unit that you dont really mass.
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

CANNONS NEED A BUFF

Post by DivineFire »

jerom wrote:Units missing can also mess up micro. For example drag box micro will probably fade away then since it is too inconsistent to be effective if units can miss.

Falcs are fine, they could be more of a core unit but culverins are so strong that falcs are a unit that you dont really mass.
Well if I''m paying 500 res for a big clunky, difficult to micro, slow piece of junk that is only good at ONE task and useless for anything else... It better be good at that one task lol.
Taunt 3
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

CANNONS NEED A BUFF

Post by princeofcarthage »

I think mortars should have the ability to attack units, I mean what kind of unit can destroy buildings but can't kill people? I agree in current age weapons do exist which can do infrastructural damage with less casualties but the age in which aoe 3 is based definitly hadn't. Also I will love total war combat style being used in aoe 3 with keeping the single unit originality.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

CANNONS NEED A BUFF

Post by adderbrain5 »

papist wrote:
edeholland wrote:Every hand cav can ')

Units with splash damage can also damage buildings such as walls if they are killing a unit that is standing up against it.
dont u think that could be changed one day in FP?
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

CANNONS NEED A BUFF

Post by adderbrain5 »

princeofcarthage wrote:I think mortars should have the ability to attack units, I mean what kind of unit can destroy buildings but can''t kill people? I agree in current age weapons do exist which can do infrastructural damage with less casualties but the age in which aoe 3 is based definitly hadn''t. Also I will love total war combat style being used in aoe 3 with keeping the single unit originality.
ever notice how mortar rek units when they are under the walls being fired on? That is actually pretty realistic, i mean the stone would be falling on the units and shit. I agree they should be able to fire on unit positions. that may even happen when units are next to buildings being shelled can''t remember.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

CANNONS NEED A BUFF

Post by princeofcarthage »

adderbrain5 wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:I think mortars should have the ability to attack units, I mean what kind of unit can destroy buildings but cant kill people? I agree in current age weapons do exist which can do infrastructural damage with less casualties but the age in which aoe 3 is based definitly hadnt. Also I will love total war combat style being used in aoe 3 with keeping the single unit originality.
ever notice how mortar rek units when they are under the walls being fired on? That is actually pretty realistic, i mean the stone would be falling on the units and shit. I agree they should be able to fire on unit positions. that may even happen when units are next to buildings being shelled cant remember.
Ye I know it happens when they are under walls but when they are away from buildings... You cant target them except naval units.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

CANNONS NEED A BUFF

Post by Papist »

They shouldn't be able to. They have a purpose - making them able to attack infantry would make them highly imbalanced. If they could attack infantry, they would have to do little to no damage, like culverins or hand mortars.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.