Edict of Nantes

Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Edict of Nantes

Post by yemshi »

Well, the French Church Card gives you 4Grens in Age II (500f) and like nineish grens in Age III+the veteran upgrade (1000f). In Age IV you get guard upgrade and the Arsenal upgrade for them and like 15 new grens (2000f).
I use this card succefully aginst Japan and Spain in a straight FF (3cdb,700c, Edict+4huss ageup and 3cuirs shipment). But is it acctually viable at all or in this specific BO?
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Edict of Nantes

Post by Wuangaga »

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/for ... ion=ct&amp'f=15,30132,0,10

Link is kinda bugged just copy it.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Edict of Nantes

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

wuangaga wrote:http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&'f=15,30132,0,10

Link is kinda bugged just copy it.

My Cuetech is 1782 overall and 1764 1 vs. 1 at this moment.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Edict of Nantes

Post by yemshi »

Wut?
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Edict of Nantes

Post by britishmusketeer »

Res wise its not terrible. 1.5k food, a shipment and 100w for 2500 res. The reason it is bad is because: 1)Grens aren't good units, 2)Straight ffing with French is bad, 3)Its countered by cav pretty hard.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Edict of Nantes

Post by yemshi »

Well, they beat the Spain cannon+dog+pike push and the 5huss/4lancers can be blocked quite well if they are already there. Japan without Nagis or Japan semiff just loses aswell. Maybe Ports aswell as they use thier res usually for vills/cass and goons.
I guess you can do the standard semi aswell just change the 700w/c with teh church card, you can just hide the church with an vill in a corner.
These grens are far better then they look like' I remember this yuza guy who always did grenn FF with tower ageup.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Edict of Nantes

Post by britishmusketeer »

yemshi wrote:Well, they beat the Spain cannon+dog+pike push and the 5huss/4lancers can be blocked quite well if they are already there. Japan without Nagis or Japan semiff just loses aswell. Maybe Ports aswell as they use thier res usually for vills/cass and goons.
I guess you can do the standard semi aswell just change the 700w/c with teh church card, you can just hide the church with an vill in a corner.
These grens are far better then they look like' I remember this yuza guy who always did grenn FF with tower ageup.
10 musk semi-ff also beats the early spain push whilst being safe against anything that spain does whilst also not relying on the opponent not scouting what they are doing. With japs it would probably still lose even if they didn''t scout it becuase they would be albe to full boom then hold with yumi + clubs+ mm ect
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Edict of Nantes

Post by yemshi »

You'll hit when they just spend 2200 res into aging and even if they stay Age II they lose lots of yumis and clubs.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Edict of Nantes

Post by evilcheadar »

Underrated grens, they resist 50% range and have good hp to start
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Edict of Nantes

Post by yurashic »

Age 2 - veterans.
Age 3 - guards.
Age 4 - royal guards.

It is not a good strategy, I don't recommend it. It is like sending mercs instead of making regular units - big investment that makes you vulnerable for a period of time.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Edict of Nantes

Post by fei123456 »

you forgot yuza?!
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

Edict of Nantes

Post by Einfein »

I personally think grenadiers are (slightly) better then most people do. They have a primary function which they do well which is destroying enemy infrastructure. Their secondary purpose (secondary because they aren't as good at it) is killing enemy infantry. Grenadiers unsupported are weak and get torn apart by even a few cav. Grenadiers added in small numbers into an already balanced army can be surprisingly effective. The French grens when timed right are imo a little bit like some of the weaker mercenary shipments available in age 2-3. They are strong for when they become available, but not so strong as to be something that will swing the game for you (as say mams might). Like most interesting strats I believe you need to know ahead of time that you're going to use them and plan accordingly. They can be a fun surprise if timed well, but again they are not by themselves game winning. An interesting card, but more risk then reward in most situations.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta