Trouble with the sound

No Flag mukkelele
Crossbow

Trouble with the sound

Post by mukkelele »

Hello everybody.

I'm using Windows 7 and sometimes when i tab out of AoE, i loose some of the sound effects in game.
I seem to miss the sound when somebody attack me, when units pop out of barracks/stables. And most likely a couple of more effects that i can't remember. It's not the automatic lowering of game volume that skype uses when turned on.

So to sum things up: I can start a game with sound working perfectly - minimize the game, and when i come back the sound isn't working as it should.
Sometimes it even gets louder, but still missing the parts mentioned above.
I play with the windowed mode options if that might have anything to do with this.

Anybody who have a clue why this keeps happening?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Trouble with the sound

Post by gibson »

The sound is just buggy with the game for some reason. If I play more than a game or two I almost always have to restart the game due to the sound stopping.
No Flag mukkelele
Crossbow

Trouble with the sound

Post by mukkelele »

Hm, hoped it would be something that I would be able to solve. Thanks for the reply!
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Trouble with the sound

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Some people like gibson and H2o experience this. I've personally never had any sound issues before so I'm not sure what your problem is but as far as I know it's unfixable.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Trouble with the sound

Post by gibson »

Yea I'm not sure why it happens.... It happens with one or two of my other games as well so it might be a computer issue. As far as I know though the only fix is to restart your game.
No Flag mukkelele
Crossbow

Trouble with the sound

Post by mukkelele »

Wierd..
India _DB_
Howdah

Trouble with the sound

Post by _DB_ »

I remember H2O lost to diarouga while streaming a game for same audio bug.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
No Flag mukkelele
Crossbow

Trouble with the sound

Post by mukkelele »

I guess I'll just have to play against H2O for fair games in the future then ('
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Trouble with the sound

Post by Papist »

The sounds bugs whenever you tab out. For me and many others, the sound goes to max after you re-enter the game, and one has to adjust it in options to fix the problem.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag mukkelele
Crossbow

Trouble with the sound

Post by mukkelele »

Adjusting the options just makes my sound go back to the normal level (or at least it does most of the times), but I still miss the "extra sounds" or whatever their name is - the attacking alarm, units spawning etc.
A restart of the game fixes this. I suppose I'll just have to put skype on 'busy'.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Trouble with the sound

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

subzero wrote:I remember H2O lost to diarouga while streaming a game for same audio bug.
Yep that was 100% because of that :P
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Trouble with the sound

Post by momuuu »

Ive been experiencing it lately aswell. Its a bigger deal than it seems. I actually think its a very legitemate reason to lose.

The thing is, when you do any action, you subconsciously get information about whether the action succeeded due to game sounds. If the sound is inconsistent, you will think you succeeded or failed while you might have done the opposite. It results in you pressing buttons more than you need to or failing to recognise you messed something up. For example, if you pop vills through the TC, the eject noise is vital for recognising you succeeded in doing that. Its extremely easy to accidentally not eject a vill because the game sound is buggy.

Ive found it to be more disruptive than bad lag, and lag is less of an excuse because it is symmetrical.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Trouble with the sound

Post by Kaiserklein »

I got the same, at first perfect sound, and after a few games I don't hear anything but the music... I can't hear the attack horn, the shipments, the shots, units popping out of buildings, etc. It has been doing that to me since I have a new laptop, using Windows 10. I never noticed it was related with the windowed mode tho, are you sure about that ?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Trouble with the sound

Post by gibson »

I used to not play with sound, and when i started playing with sound I literally jumped 3 pr in like 25 games and have stayed around there since iv been playing with sound. It really is very important to playibg and not having it is a huge pain in the ass
No Flag hadeskerbecs
Crossbow

Trouble with the sound

Post by hadeskerbecs »

I got the same bug sometimes too. It happens when u go to windows. If i stay in the game it wont happen. If its happening u have to restart the game and its fixed. +
India _DB_
Howdah

Trouble with the sound

Post by _DB_ »

diarouga wrote:
subzero wrote:I remember H2O lost to diarouga while streaming a game for same audio bug.
Yep that was 100% because of that :P
He lost 90% due to that bug, 10% cuz he played against you :P
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Trouble with the sound

Post by momuuu »

kaiserklein wrote:I got the same, at first perfect sound, and after a few games I don''t hear anything but the music... I can''t hear the attack horn, the shipments, the shots, units popping out of buildings, etc. It has been doing that to me since I have a new laptop, using Windows 10. I never noticed it was related with the windowed mode tho, are you sure about that ?

I did recently start experiencing this bug and I also did put it in windowed mode recently.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Trouble with the sound

Post by gibson »

I also play in windowed mode.... Interestingly the other games where that happens (the original borderlands and the original assassin's creed) I also play in windowed mode.
No Flag mukkelele
Crossbow

Trouble with the sound

Post by mukkelele »

kaiserklein wrote:I got the same, at first perfect sound, and after a few games I don''t hear anything but the music... I can''t hear the attack horn, the shipments, the shots, units popping out of buildings, etc. It has been doing that to me since I have a new laptop, using Windows 10. I never noticed it was related with the windowed mode tho, are you sure about that ?

No it most likely has nothing to do with the windowed mode, I suppose. Just put it there as information if it would be any well-known problem due to that :)

Edit: after reading the latest replys I must say I''m not really sure about my answer above, haha.