Treaty - Revive

No Flag agentyoyo
Skirmisher

Treaty - Revive

Post by agentyoyo »

agent yoyo
- anyway to play treaty period on fast and post treaty on med?
= no, huh?
- anybody willing to create sceneraios of all civs with x amount of res distro at 30/35 min into treaty? the players would play out rest of treaty and post treaty?
= too hard?
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Re: Treaty - Revive

Post by Jaeger »

Cool idea
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Play deathmatch then?

Pretty sure that the boom is part of what makes treaty what it is
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

play post imp

to esoc developers: fix KotH and make it Ranked!
Error 404: Signature not found
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

I would not be in favor of these changes, treaty mode is fine as it is. Building up your eco is part of the gameplay and does require some skill.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

I think skipping to 35 mins is a good idea. People that enjoy booming could still play the original treaty, and for people that have play treaty alot/ don't play treaty becuase of the large amount of time that the boom takes, it could massively increase the amount that they play it. Nothing is worse than playing for 40 mins then having someone lose connection/ game is super laggy/ immediately dying to 50 opri box ect.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

britishmusketeer wrote:I think skipping to 35 mins is a good idea. People that enjoy booming could still play the original treaty, and for people that have play treaty alot/ don't play treaty becuase of the large amount of time that the boom takes, it could massively increase the amount that they play it. Nothing is worse than playing for 40 mins then having someone lose connection/ game is super laggy/ immediately dying to 50 opri box ect.

I don't know, someone would need to implement this mode first, which could be pretty hard. I imagine it would have to be made on a fixed map with all structures already laid out - and different for each civ. I am still not convinced there would be enough people to play this mode.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Increase starting crates so that you boom to what you normally have @40 in 30 minutes.
No Flag Hermione Weasley
Crossbow

Post by Hermione Weasley »

im in favor of this simply bcause of the fact it already exists in a less than ideal form, so we might as well gwt it over with and do it really well. would i play it? no. but hundreds of other people who only enjoy fighting would benefit.

to elaborate, there is a hugely popular nr45 map on GR which gives you tons of free res and closeby natural res which essentially gives you a perfect boom, everytime. the only boom skill you need is proper vil distribution to hit your age times quickly. tldr youre beng handed a free boom but still required to go through the motions and gather res for 45 minutes.

since there is pretty much no boom skill involved, might as well just cut out the time grind and go straight for the fight which is what everyone playing the map is there for anyway.

is it a good idea for high level play? nah. but its a good idea for a custom game option.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

agentyoyo wrote:agent yoyo
- anyway to play treaty period on fast and post treaty on med?
= no, huh?
- anybody willing to create sceneraios of all civs with x amount of res distro at 30/35 min into treaty? the players would play out rest of treaty and post treaty?
= too hard?

I've been playing around with the second idea. Theoretically it could be done in one scenario with civ specific triggers to spawn mills/plants/vill,research Eco techs, and grant resources. It would take a lot of time to do though, and takes away booming which is a skill in treaty especially with Civs like Brit and iro, which is why no one has bothered with it.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag agentyoyo
Skirmisher

Post by agentyoyo »

Yeah, thats what I thought. So, I also thought what if people took their boom to the match at 30/35? Don't get me wrong, although I am horrible at booming, I love to do it, try to get better, do this, try that, but theres just not enough time in the day to get to the fighting, not enough players and not enough cool/honorable players to play as much AOE3 as I want. If this was funded maybe, or popular, people could submit their boom for cheats, etc every month/2 weeks to ensure as much as possible their skill at booming still relates to their current save/turned in boom. This might not be able to be done? Do a boom offline/online w friends/appointed mod, turn in, approved, then use in some kind of scenario?
What you need is more people playing, motivation, then from their hopefully we can build/get people who would want to honor the skill of booming. And play the old way or at least do this honorably if they find themselves in the situation I am in. hmm:~ ?
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

agentyoyo wrote:Yeah, thats what I thought. So, I also thought what if people took their boom to the match at 30/35? Don't get me wrong, although I am horrible at booming, I love to do it, try to get better, do this, try that, but theres just not enough time in the day to get to the fighting, not enough players and not enough cool/honorable players to play as much AOE3 as I want. If this was funded maybe, or popular, people could submit their boom for cheats, etc every month/2 weeks to ensure as much as possible their skill at booming still relates to their current save/turned in boom. This might not be able to be done? Do a boom offline/online w friends/appointed mod, turn in, approved, then use in some kind of scenario?
What you need is more people playing, motivation, then from their hopefully we can build/get people who would want to honor the skill of booming. And play the old way or at least do this honorably if they find themselves in the situation I am in. hmm:~ ?

What you are talking about is not possible. Do you really expect someone to take the time to make dozens of new custom maps every two weeks for every single civ (12 of them) on all the viable tr maps? It's not realistic or fair to ask someone to do that when ONE good custom map can take weeks to perfect. And this game does not have an option for uploading content either.

If you are too lazy to take the time to boom for 40 minutes, don;t play treaty, play nr 10 deathmatch or sth,
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

There was a suggestion to play with 50% handicap, with 50 vill limit, with 150 total pop. That way you boom in 20 minutes what you boom in 40 minutes now, and it even means slightly less lag. That's probably what I would prefer.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Treaty is fine, it doesn't need all these weird changes. Just enjoy the game for what it is
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag agentyoyo
Skirmisher

Post by agentyoyo »

What you are talking about is not possible. Do you really expect someone to take the time to make dozens of new custom maps every two weeks for every single civ (12 of them) on all the viable tr maps? It's not realistic or fair to ask someone to do that when ONE good custom map can take weeks to perfect. And this game does not have an option for uploading content either.

If you are too lazy to take the time to boom for 40 minutes, don't play treaty, play nr 10 deathmatch or sth,[/quote]

no. just on andes. and players would submit their boom, for their res distribution. every 2 weeks would be negotiable, its just something so people do not feel like people are getting more res then they can get on their own. sending your proof in every two weeks wouldn't even be necessary- you could just send 1 in every 6 months, or not at all. otherwise just send res distro you can get on your own. its like base defense with an economy-vills. deathmatch is a different game, however (I tried) if deathmatch had the restriction zone it would solve the problem. I didn't mean to just ask someone to do it at no sincerity to their effort given. I asked to make sure it was too hard. Just incase there was some wiz at scenerios out there who could do it w ease who hadn't thought of the idea. W/ trying it myself and it was difficult, but thinking someone could -select map, -tc placement -res distro 20,20,20, done- just maybe, it was as easy as that. I apologize for my rudeness. I didnt mean to sound as if I did not recognize or appreciate the difficulty and time there may be involved.

thx for reminding me of deathmatch. all i gotta do is ask for nr and ask person to respect/mimic the restirction zone in treaty to the best of his/her ability. Thank You. Who would be willing to do that. That idea sounds awesome! What am I titling that when I host a game- "Like tr40/20"? Please like if you would play deathmatch with nr and mimicking treaty as much as possible?

Please make no mistake, I do appreciate, respect and admire aoe3 booming; skill, commitment, time and honor.
No Flag agentyoyo
Skirmisher

Post by agentyoyo »

Jerom wrote:There was a suggestion to play with 50% handicap, with 50 vill limit, with 150 total pop. That way you boom in 20 minutes what you boom in 40 minutes now, and it even means slightly less lag. That's probably what I would prefer.

cool, sounds easy for everybody
No Flag agentyoyo
Skirmisher

Post by agentyoyo »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Treaty is fine, it doesn't need all these weird changes. Just enjoy the game for what it is

i agree, i just wanted more games, but your right
No Flag agentyoyo
Skirmisher

Post by agentyoyo »

Just tried it. Wow, really easy solution, instead of making a mole hill. Sorry, thx Papist. The revival f treaty can begin in a hybrid form. I need tittle ideas so people get an idea of how I wanna play? "Like tr20"?