Men work faster than woman?(new question)

No Flag edwinchang
Crossbow

Post by edwinchang »

I don't know if it is true.(I mean in the game)
Yet,I found that if you put a man and a woman mining gold mine together,it seemed that the woman worked a bit
slower than the man.
I don't know whether this discovery can be applied to other aspects like farming etc.
So is the gender really affects the rate of working?I always deteled women in treaty games though.
I am so lazy to do this investigation,so can any one do it for me?I would appreciate very much.

After a day,many people said that there is no difference in game.
Still,I have one more question,is that why do the game set the France and the German(100wood+100food)villagers all be male?couldn't some of them be female?
No Flag edehollandsbrother
Musketeer

Post by edehollandsbrother »

Yeah, female villagers gather slower so you should always delete them. If you are Ottoman in a rush game, always delete the female villagers. Your villagers are free anyway and it saves pop space.
No Flag edwinchang
Crossbow

Post by edwinchang »

how do you know?any investigation can you provide?
If so how come I haven't found any people who deteled female villagers and no one knows when I asked them?

I am not doubting you,but I just ask for sure
Musketeer

I was just trolling you, there is no gameplay difference between male and female villagers.
Seriously, deleting female villagers (even in treaty) is a really bad idea.
No Flag edwinchang
Crossbow

Post by edwinchang »

Still,how come I found that women work slower than men........
Maybe it's just an illusion
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

Post by Nymphomaniac »

I have heard that female vills gather slower from somewhere. But instead of deleting them, if u so much care about gathering efficiency, u should just put female villagers on gathering food from hunts and male vills on coin and wood ...
No Flag edwinchang
Crossbow

Post by edwinchang »

Maybe you heard this from me:-)
But you have to know that it is very crucial for some countries in treaty game,especially japan and dutch,
As their economy is so weak,it is necessary to try to do all I can to improve it
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

April Fool's over people
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

The gather animations are different for men and women, but they do indeed gather at the same rate :P
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

I usually leave the female vils in the town center to work in the kitchens where they belong.
Taunt 3
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Post by Good ol Ivan »

divinefire wrote:I usually leave the female vils in the town center to work in the kitchens where they belong.

this. No point in making them gather, plus having female villies in your TC increases fertility, decreasing vill training time
Musketeer

Did you know that Coureurs gather at the same rate as villagers? They only gather faster on average, because they are all male.
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

Post by Nymphomaniac »

-_-
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Haha women are inferior.

[color=e61919]User was warned for this post.[/color]
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

From what I''ve observed so far: The animation is faster for the male workers, but the women sometimes get 2 coin per hit to even it out. So if you''re super pro you can micro the female villager off a mine only after she made a hit that got her 2 coin. If I were to say that females are superior (in knitting than men), that''d get me a warning aswell?

User was warned for this post.

Edit: Awww... really guys???
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

You typed that yourself didn't you ? (rofl)
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Actually, in the original AOE there was going to be a difference between villagers where the "males" would have a slight bonus hunting and the "females" a slight bonus gathering. This, of course, reflects the division of labor in hunter-gatherer societies (you can't expect to sneak up on a deer with a squalling baby). However the legal department of Microsoft apparently made them do away with this as it wasn't considered PC enough.

As much as some women complain that they are not allowed to do certain jobs, in reality women just don't want to do certain jobs if they can help it. There are very few women in jobs such as utility work, firefighting, roofing, mining, etc. because few want to physically work that hard.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Maybe it's a guy thing or perhaps it's how my generation was raised but I always find myself sending only men villagers to wall and build during the fight because I don't want the girls to get hurt.
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

Post by Nymphomaniac »

some serious Pro-Tips in this thread :D
No Flag JohnnyDCaesar
Crossbow

Post by JohnnyDCaesar »

metis wrote:As much as some women complain that they are not allowed to do certain jobs, in reality women just don''t want to do certain jobs if they can help it. There are very few women in jobs such as utility work, firefighting, roofing, mining, etc. because few want to physically work that hard.
I agree, I see this a lot.
however these days it seems if a male is to say that they instantly become a misogynist
The world we live in today..
No Flag bpdscolony123
Dragoon

Post by bpdscolony123 »

Men work faster
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Point in fact, my Mom and Dad (both in thier 80s now) were talking today about a local manager and how he said that he could get few young people to even apply for work and those who did never wanted to very work hard. Dad and I were comparing hard work we have done. Both of us were soldiers and have dug foxholes in winter-frozen ground. Both of us built houses and have hauled sheetrock, cement bags and shingle bundles weighing up to a hundred pounds every day for weeks on end. Both of us farmed and have moved pipe, bucked bales, wrestled calves and hauled sacks of seed, etc. Mom said that she had worked hard too -- when she was a girl she helped her mom a couple hours a week by serving coffee in her dad's caf?.
No Flag shirine
Crossbow

Post by shirine »

HAHHAHAHAHAH just funnys posts!
No Flag nandoray
Musketeer

Post by nandoray »

ivan wrote:
divinefire wrote:I usually leave the female vils in the town center to work in the kitchens where they belong.
this. No point in making them gather, plus having female villies in your TC increases fertility, decreasing vill training time
LMAO!
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Post by Good ol Ivan »

Strangely enough it seems more effective at forts, having female villies inside a fort greatly increases unit training time.
I believe they are less busy on the garrison and just date with hot musks and skirms.