Treaty Balance Changes Notes

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: Treaty Balance Changes Notes

Post by zoom »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Is the tournament that will be on the patch going to be 1v1? Because I still don't see why team bonuses are being removed, that seems like a huge and drastic change.

These patch notes feature many drastic changes, it seems. In general I would advise against limiting options and standardizing for the sake of enjoyability. For example, nerfing Cuirassiers by removing them and buffing the French Hussar is the wrong way to go about things.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

zoom wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Is the tournament that will be on the patch going to be 1v1? Because I still don't see why team bonuses are being removed, that seems like a huge and drastic change.

These patch notes feature many drastic changes, it seems.

I do think in certain instances some drastic changes are necessary because obviously the game isn't balanced for treaty. But I don't see why team games need to changed so much.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I think the benefit of having 2 patches it not that much less than just having 1 patch. The main benefit is that there will be more CRC mismatch games more consistently, which will encourage more people to look into it. This is achieved by a combined patch as well as 2 separate patches
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

The changes are not final. I am sure there will be a lot of testing, etc. Everything may change when people start playing and testing this patch after its release.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr6ieHPOllo[/video]
No Flag TheHollow
Crossbow

Post by TheHollow »

Even with this changes, the native civilisations will still run out of wood eventually, especially if you don't play andes. Playing iro on Orinoco for example is still impossible if you don't have an otto or some other civ in your team that can help you out with that.
Why don't give them an infinite mango grove rickshaw? This way they get endless wood, but have to sacrifice economical power for it because you have to have a couple of villagers chopping the wood, unlike a factory or the indian wood crates where you only need a few villagers to have massive wood supplies.
Also, if you have to send this shipment, you sacrifice a shipment, which hurts every native civ (iro need their overpop, sioux the bisons and aztec the coin) so it wouldn't make them too op. You could also reduce the ammount of wood a mango grove contains if it's still too op.

And if you need any help with the coding I'm happy to help, got a lot of experience at patching/modding aoe3.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

I have an idea about native civs. Gonna post in when Im at home
r]
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I think all the natives should have infinite 1300 wood shipment, they likely won't need wood too bad until most of their other cards are already shipped.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

@ocemilky what about chinese recorded game bug?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

ovi12 wrote:I think the benefit of having 2 patches it not that much less than just having 1 patch. The main benefit is that there will be more CRC mismatch games more consistently, which will encourage more people to look into it. This is achieved by a combined patch as well as 2 separate patches

if you get the top TR players (which often also play a little bit of sup), the top team players and top 1v1 players (which are somewhat exchangable usually) all together on one patch I think that'll reinforce that patch a lot across the board, since all of these communities tend to venture out into other game areas (although sup players somewhat less to tr than the other way around I feel). I think it'd be extremely beneficial for both patches.

The question is, how big do the concessions have to be for both sides to make it work? I think they'll quickly become too big for the sup community at least since the overall attitude towards treaty really isn't that positive, and I don't think the tr patch guys would want to do the huge concessions that'd be necessary for this to work out.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Jerom wrote:
ovi12 wrote:I think the benefit of having 2 patches it not that much less than just having 1 patch. The main benefit is that there will be more CRC mismatch games more consistently, which will encourage more people to look into it. This is achieved by a combined patch as well as 2 separate patches

if you get the top TR players (which often also play a little bit of sup), the top team players and top 1v1 players (which are somewhat exchangable usually) all together on one patch I think that'll reinforce that patch a lot across the board, since all of these communities tend to venture out into other game areas (although sup players somewhat less to tr than the other way around I feel). I think it'd be extremely beneficial for both patches.

The question is, how big do the concessions have to be for both sides to make it work? I think they'll quickly become too big for the sup community at least since the overall attitude towards treaty really isn't that positive, and I don't think the tr patch guys would want to do the huge concessions that'd be necessary for this to work out.

Wouldn't it be possible to have them both combined into one download, then when you start the launcher it asks which one you want to use?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Jerom wrote:

Wouldn't it be possible to have them both combined into one download, then when you start the launcher it asks which one you want to use?

Thats possible for sure. Would be second best. Would be better if it could magically be combined into one big patch though.

Itd be interesting if you can mod the game to an extend where it "detects" a treaty gamemode and then applies treaty balance to it. Maybe you can add another 14 'treaty' civs that feature treaty balance changes.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Jerom wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Thats possible for sure. Would be second best. Would be better if it could magically be combined into one big patch though.

Itd be interesting if you can mod the game to an extend where it "detects" a treaty gamemode and then applies treaty balance to it. Maybe you can add another 14 'treaty' civs that feature treaty balance changes.

Yesh unless a workaround like that exists I would say split it, it would be too hard to combine the changes.
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

I don't think treaty can really ever be balanced on the same patch as supremacy. The game just wasn't designed for treaty, it was an afterthought added in. I have a lot of respect for the community, but there probably isn't a great way to balance Treaty without impacting supremacy significantly.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

iCourt wrote:I don't think treaty can really ever be balanced on the same patch as supremacy. The game just wasn't designed for treaty, it was an afterthought added in. I have a lot of respect for the community, but there probably isn't a great way to balance Treaty without impacting supremacy significantly.

How about adding 14 extra civs thatd function according to these balance changes? Could it even be made so tgat treaty becomes a dm-esque different gamemode?
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Well DM and TR are completely different too. TR rewards great booming skills where as DM is pretty much unexplored. DM was played on Vanilla and basically on one map. matter of fact the TAD civs can't even compete in DM as they lack an equivalent to mercantilism.

Personally I never played treaty at a high enough level, so I don't know what could be done to balance it. Adding new civs wouldn't change anything however, and would just create more problems.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

iCourt wrote:Well DM and TR are completely different too. TR rewards great booming skills where as DM is pretty much unexplored. DM was played on Vanilla and basically on one map. matter of fact the TAD civs can't even compete in DM as they lack an equivalent to mercantilism.

Personally I never played treaty at a high enough level, so I don't know what could be done to balance it. Adding new civs wouldn't change anything however, and would just create more problems.

Im not explaining what I mean correctly, it appears.

I mean you just make 28 civs: india (with sup balance) and india treaty (with these notes worked into that civ), etc for all 14 civs. Can you mod it like deathmatch is right now, where treaty requires a difference HC (just to prevent things from getting mixed up/abused)?

Maybe you can literally mod deathmatch into a treaty gamemode with a patch, and then balance deathmatch civs seperately or something?

These are modding questions to smartly work a tr patch into the same sup patch without having to switch patches.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Well... Adding civs isn't easy to do... And I'm not sure even the EP team (even if we could all code) would have the time to do that. 2 separate patches is the easier and less desired method. Honestly it'd be easier for me to recode a HC card to make all those changes than adding a new civ.

Ideally we would want to make as few changes as necessary with the current civ pool.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Jerom wrote:
Can you mod it like deathmatch is right now, where treaty requires a difference HC (just to prevent things from getting mixed up/abused)?

This is the best idea so far and its worth its efforts. Having treaty and sup players on the same patch,without sacrificing anything in both game types, sounds awesome.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

iCourt wrote:Well... Adding civs isn't easy to do... And I'm not sure even the EP team (even if we could all code) would have the time to do that. 2 separate patches is the easier and less desired method. Honestly it'd be easier for me to recode a HC card to make all those changes than adding a new civ.

Ideally we would want to make as few changes as necessary with the current civ pool.

Its not exactly adding a new civ right. Its just copy pasting the same civ with different balance. That shouldnt be too hard right?
No Flag Magnam
Musketeer

Post by Magnam »

I don't understand why some ppl find it so important that sup and tr are in the same patch. Imo it makes no difference if we have them in one big patch or in two serperate patches. It takes like 10 sec to switch between the patches and I don't see any problems as long as we have 1 launcher for both patches. The most important thing is that you only need to download and install one launcher for both patches.
Its not worth the effort to combine sup and tr in one patch imo.
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Post by charlemagen »

I just want to point out that the main focus of this patch was to make most/all Civs playable both in and out of nats. Like irq and Spain for example both needed to be buffed out of nats and have nerfs,( especially irq) in nats.
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Post by ocemilky »

It seems people are so vexed on having both patches merged that they forget how big of a task it is. Making all of these concessions and "hiding" changes in imperial upgrades is a huge hassle and can lead to problems in late game sup. In all, treaty and supremacy are too different at all stages of the game for it to be balanced on one merged patch.

While I encourage critique, I do not appreciate people calling some of our changes bad just because they don't fit with supremacy. That is completely missing the point, it's a treaty patch not a supremacy patch. Focus on the treaty balance changes. I don't see an issue with swapping between them if we can get a launcher with EP. It will take like 10 seconds as Magnam pointed out.

I love all the hard work the EP team has invested. I want to collaborate with them with say a launcher and an anti-cheat. But merging the two is too complicated and not something I think is necessary to the game. At the end of the day, I don't care how many players use it. If it's a good patch, people who care will use it. If it's not, then I can work more on it or just not use it. if it's just the top 10 players using it then I'd be extremely happy.

One thing that has been pointed out is how native civs will still run out of wood on other maps. I've tried to adjust wood costs on core units to compensate for maps lacking wood, however I agree that I may not have done enough. It's something I need to look into.

People have mentioned that so many changes will be a major turn off for players. I don't know if you understand how broken treaty is. I do however like the idea of patch 1.0 only including changes to OP civs, then 1.1 could be UP civs etc. This way we can break down and get used to the differences and probably result in a more accurate patch. I'll continue to ponder.

My priority at the moment is balance the civs then look at the maps.
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

It would also be a good idea to include bug fixes being made by @iCourt

The crossed out lines are the ones H2O has given him permission to fix
Current Bugs:
[spoiler=Click to Read]1. Asian versions of Jaegers, Iron Troops, Thuggees, and Renegados have different modifiers against Cavalry, Coyote Men, Eagle Knights, and Light Cavalry as their European counterparts do. -Never heard back on this one?

2. Berry Bushes will have idle villagers but won't show in idle villager tab. (Solution set max gather limit.) (Recommended Change)

3. The Chinese Consulate Blockhouse can't train Banner Armies. (Solution set to obtainable.)

4. Bolas Warrior missing multipliers against Light Cavalry and Eagle Knights.

5. Buildings can garrison Fishing Boats if close enough to the water. This affects the following buildings: Town Center, Outpost, Blockhouse, Fort, Castle, Village, Asian Outpost, War Hut, Nobles' Hut, and Agra Fort. (Exploitable) -"I understand why this is silly, but knowing this makes me want to see it happen in a game. Would be tons of hype. Not much value in fixing it either"

6. Changdao Swordsman attack doesn't properly decrease in cover mode. (Exploitable) -"This one is exploitable, people already put them in cover mode though, part of me doesn’t want to touch this because it could make a big difference.

7. Consulate Units don't conform to the same statistics as the regular units they are based on. This affects the following units from the Consulate: Bestiero Crossbowmen, Czapka Uhlans, Gardener Hussars, Great Bombards, Prussian Needle Gun Skirmishers, Roger's Rangers Skirmishers, and Siberian Cossacks. (This could change game meta. Debatable to change.) -"These units are unique in that sense, I wouldn’t recommend we touch these and I almost think its intentional."

8. FishingBoat/ypFishingBoatAsian can currently garrison units. (Exploitable) "This mechanic is legit, fishingboats have low hp so its risky to pull it off to save vils, sneaking vils around with it is almost never useful"

9. Flail Elephant XP for training or killing these units needs to be adjusted to 25.

10. Flaming Arrow missing artillery penalty against Arrow Knights.

11. Flying Crow missing penalty against Light Infantry as they do against Cavalry.

12. Galleons can't train Gurkhas.

13. Gatling Gun incorrect icon.

14. Howdah and Mansabdar Howdah have varying modifiers and Howdahs do not get a bonus against Coyote Men in melee mode.

15. Light Cannon missing artillery penalty against Arrow Knights.

16. Mongolian Army banner army has incorrect population count.

17. Native Tomahawk missing multiplier against Light Infantry. (This is the Vanilla/Treasure Tomahawk, not the Iroquois Tomahawk)

18. Oprichnik missing modifier against SiegeTroopers and Artillery to Defend and Trample modes.

19. SettlerNative missing the ability to build ypCaravanserai for Indian allies who get the Aztec Team 3 Villager shipment.

20. Siege Elephant and Mansabdar Siege Elephant have missing penalty against Light Infantry as they do against Cavalry.

21. Tiger Claw siege attack and hand attack in cover mode doesn't decrease.

22. Turkey do not gather properly at Japanese Shrines. (Solution remove data flag.)

23. Wakina Rifle XP for training or killing these units needs to be adjusted to 10. -"What is it right now. I am guessing its higher because they used to be better" -They used to be 60f 30g at one point. Now they are 60f/40g but their kill/build xp wasn't adjusted to

24: Sufi Native War Elephant should have have the AbstractElephant flag. This allows India's elephant upgrades to effect them properly.

25. 3 Galleys card incorrect icon.

26. Ankathari Urumi upgrade (Fortress Age upgrade for Urumi) currently has a Team Tech flag without being labeled a team card. All team Urumi's are improved. -- I have no idea what this is?

27. Aztec Chests of 500 Coin card has incorrect icon.

28. Aztec Shaman for the Fortress Age does not mention that it delivers 1 Nobles' Hut Travois.

29. Blood Brothers card upgrades some upgrades in incorrect order and displays incorrect names.

30. Cheyenne Fury does not grant a bonus against Light Infantry.

31. Close Combat card does not grant a bonus against Light Infantry.

32. Comanche Trade Language upgrade does not affect Asian Wonders. Enabling it would grant them the same benefit as it does for European and Native politicians. -"Explain this to me" -It reduces research tech cost including age up. Asian civs however build wonders to age and receive no benefit. I advise not fixing this one since a wonder truly isn't' a technology, but it is worth noting things like this for record keeping.

33. Exalted Meteor Hammer does not properly upgrade Meteor Hammer damage.

34.Heavy Fortifications card upgrades some upgrades in incorrect order and displays incorrect names. Doesn't upgrade Revetment tech. (Revetment is debatable, would make the card slightly more valuable.)

35. Infantry Breastplate upgrade misses tag for Blowgun Warriors from the home city, Blowgun Ambushers, Blind Monks, and Iron Troops.

36. Klamath Work Ethos does not affect Rice Paddies and Mango Groves.

37. Navajo Shepherds upgrade doesn't apply properly affecting livestock fattening, Japanese shrine gathering, and bonus to gather XP at Sacred Fields. -"Not sure it should impact shrines or sacred fields, do other cards impact this" -This tech is supposed to boost both sacred fields and shrines. It'd change treaty most likely for the worst as Japan is OP. I advise not fixing.

38. Professional Handlers card bugs with War Elephants (Solution is to reduce population count for individual elephant types, so as to avoid bug with War Elephants.)

39. Repelling Volley card does not apply increased bonus against Eagle Knights as listed.

40. Stone Castles card does not properly upgrade the range of Castle cannon attack.

41. Tercio Tactics incorrectly displays 'Redoleros' as opposed to 'Rodeleros.'

42. TEAM Wool Staple Ports doesn't work properly with livestock fattening, and is missing bonus for Sacred Fields. "I think this is only relevant for treaty, not sure the impact there, also not sure sacred fields are meant to be impacted by these cards?" - This tech is supposed to boost both sacred fields and shrines. It'd change treaty most likely for the worst as Japan is OP. I advise not fixing.

43. Rifling tech does not affect Renegados and Thuggees.

44. Caracole does not affect Comancheros.

45. Bayonet tech does not affect Pistoleros and Dacoits.

46. YPHCGurkhaAid card does not affect Mansabdar Gurkhas.

47. XPRevolutionOHiggins upgrade needs order changed, so Imperial Hussars displays correctly.

48. NatXPKlamathHuckleberryFeast is impossible to get 10 crates of food. (Solution is to set tech at -0.67, making 10 crates of food possible.)

49. Indian and Sioux Surgeons cannot construct Field Hospitals.

50. HCMusketeerGrenadierHitPoints does not affect Janissaries.

51. NatMercHuronMantlet missing AbstractInfantry tag. -"I have no idea how this will impact them, they also do come into play in late game on Hudson" -This is the French Merc version. The actual native you can train has the tag already. I've gone ahead and put it in line with that unit. This should only really effect treaty.

52. OutpostWagons cannot build War Huts.

53. xpAztecWarchief needs Damage flag added to hand attack; he should not hurt allied units with the Smoking Mirror card.

54. xpBuilderStart change to startingunit, so it will interfere less with early settler pathing. (Recommended Change) -"I think this is some sort of wagon, no reason to make this change and change the dynamics of how vils move around it. People have been doing this fine for a long time"

55. xpMedicineManAztec changed to startingunit, so it will interfere less with early settler pathing. (Recommended Change) -"I think this is some sort of wagon, no reason to make this change and change the dynamics of how vils move around it. People have been doing this fine for a long time"

56. xpBuilderStart changed to startingunit, so it will interfere less with early settler pathing. (Recommended Change) -"I think this is some sort of wagon, no reason to make this change and change the dynamics of how vils move around it. People have been doing this fine for a long time"

57. Crossbowmen receive a penalty against Disciples. -"Right now its super close to hold archaic rushes, disciples might not even be a threat if this multiplier was removed. Will just make the game less exciting"

58. Manchu hand attack has a smaller multiplier compared with other cavalry archers. (Recommended Change) "Manchu are already one of the best mercs in the game, not sure theres a need to play around with that"

59. German Advanced Dock does not make ships train faster.

60. Spanish Consulate Nanban Trade tech does not properly affect Asian trading posts and XP from trading posts.

61. Wokou Junks are missing intended broadside attack.

62. 3 Li'l Bombards shipment has incorrect icon.

63. Consulate artillery units upgrade their names improperly in the Industrial and Imperial Ages.

64. Chinese can't research the Imperial Cannon upgrade at their factory.

65. Chinese can build Blockhouses after sending Blockhouse from Russian Consulate.

66. Upgraded Carib units improperly named.

67. Old Ways card does not decreases cost of the Aztec Big Button tech at the fire pit. -need to talk about impact" -I want to say it is supposed to lower the cost of all Aztecs unique techs, but it instead increases the cost on that particular tech.

68. British, Chinese, Indians, and Japanese can ship Mercenary Loyalty more than once. "-Might not be an issue worth fixing" -Super easy fix. Remove 3 lines of code.

69. Longbow range upgrade (Yeomen) only applies in volley mode.

70. Andes only gives one Cherry Orchard Rickshaw.

71. Explorer Revive using hotkeys. (Solution change tactics for explorer to new custom tactics that are exactly the same with no hotkeys attached to them. This means all units except explorers will have unit tactic and explorers will no longer revive. Bug is present in Vanilla as well if you add hotkeys to the explorers. Only possible way is to remove hotkeys to the units in the .bar file.) (Recommended Change) (Exploitable) -Won't be able to discuss this.

72. ChurchQuatrefage (Spanish) and ChurchStadholders (Dutch) move Barrack upgrades. ChurchKalmucks, ChurchBashkirPonies (Russian) and shipping Card HCShipWingedHussars (German) move Stable upgrades. ChurchGardeImperial1, 2, 3 (French Grenadiers) move Artillery Depot upgrades.If used, improvement buttons are displaced to the right, so that they are not below their corresponding unit button. (Solution is to change how cards upgrade the units.) -This was a bitch to fix. I'll fix the French tech on a future release.

73. Chinese, Japanese and Indian surgeon have no sound file.

74. Iroquois discovery travois has no sound file.

75. Sufi Pilgrimage goats have no sound file.

76. Consulate Portuguese Ironclad has no sound file.

77. Silk Road Map trading posts have no sound file.

78. Russian church Kalmuck (Dragoon) has no sound file.

79. Indian consulate Ottoman villagers have no sound file.

80. TEAM 3 Native Villager shipment should always have Aztec sound. (Won't affect Iroquois or Sioux, but Aztec villagers shouldn't have British or French voices etc.)

81. Spanish Quatrefage Halberdiers have Dutch Halberdier sound file. (Solution is to add the Spanish Rodelero or Pikeman voice to the unit.)

82. Japanese consulate Dutch church has incorrect British texture.

83. Japanese consulate Dutch arsenal has incorrect Russian texture.

84. Cree Trading posts can train CDB post revolution. (Debatable bug) "No Fix - Mechanics Cool that this is possible"

85. Cherokee native post tech grants 4 villagers post revolution. (Debatable bug) "No Fix - Mechanics Cool that this is possible"

86. TEAM 3 villagers and TEAM 2 settler wagons grant villagers post revolution. (Debatable Bug) "No Fix - Mechanics Cool that this is possible"

87. Hussar revolution for Ottomans missing Gardner Royal Guard upgrade. -"already too strong no need to make it worse"

88. TEAM Early Dragoons does not enable German War Wagons or Aztec Eagle Runner Knights.

89. TEAM Early Skirmishers does not grant a bonus for Ottoman. (Solution is train time reduction for Abus as it does for Longbowman.) -I see I didn't have the card labeled.

90. Iroquois Travois cannot construct native embassies. "-probably intended"

91. Travios and dock wagon can't build docks due to limited Line of Sight. (Solution is to increase LOS to 12. Max velocity may need to be reduced on unit to prevent it from becoming a scout, though this could present further complications balance wise. Need to test this.) -"Need to see how much LOS" -This one scares me actually.

92. The following techs have <Flag>UpgradeTech</Flag> so 'YPHCCheapUnitUpgradesTeam' and 'YPNatZenMeritocracy' effect their costs but they shouldn't. Flag should be removed from topkapi, tanzimat and abbasid Otto techs as galatatower, koprulvizier, milletsystem and ALL other church/monastery techs do not have this flag and to add would create imbalances. Also, these Otto techs already had prices reduced in a previous patch. It should also be removed from bigdockrawhidecovers, bigdockcipactli and bigdockflamingarrow as no other warchief civ bigbuttons have this flag. Cipactli is not even an upgrade, it is a unit shipment. Again, same reasons as church/monastery - adding to all bigbuttons would create imbalances. -need to see the impact sounds like no change -We may want to look into this more.

93. Dutch Consulate Church cannot train spies. (Recommended Change)

94. Russian Consulate Blockhouse Rescued villagers, TEAM villagers, and Cree CDB can also build additional blockhouses. -"No reason to touch it
"
-This one I did touch a little bit. You can build that blockhouse with the rescued villagers but I set a build limit of 1 thus the blockhouse isn't used in place of their war academy.

95. Back-herding is a fairly common problem on maps such as Great Plains and Andes. It seems to effect larger hunts more often as their herd aura snaps back to its original location. Easiest solution would be to go in and re-edit some of the offending maps max herds and change starting herd radii. -"This has a large impact on the game"

96. French TEAM Ranged Infantry Attack card increases the attack of cavalry archers, bow riders, keshiks, and yabusame. (This is caused by the Archers Tag. Solution have card affect individual units.) -"Could have unintended consequences" I advise we set this to effect individual units, so the card works properly.

97. Ottoman TEAM 2 Outposts card allows Native, Russian, and Asian civs to build and upgrade outposts with their villagers, without requiring the wagons.

98.Northern Lakes Japan only gets 1 cherry orchard. Needs to be set to 2. (I believe this is a AS Fan Patch 1.2 issue only.) (Recommended Change)

99. Surgeons from the British Consulate cannot build Field Hospitals. (Solution set to obtainable)

100. Homecity Sohei have less damage against Cavalry than regularly trained Sohei. (Solution increase to new stats (3.5x vs. Cavalry, 2.8x vs. Light Infantry, instead of 2.25x vs. Cavalry and 1.8x vs. Light Infantry). (I believe this is a AS Fan Patch 1.2 issue only.)

101. Sufi Sharia Tech gives the Dutch +9.0 Settler Build limit. Should only give +5.0 for the Dutch.

102. TEAM 5 Manchus Card takes only 40 seconds to ship. (Solution changes to the proper 60 seconds to ship, standard of all Mercenary shipments.) (Recommended Change) (Exploitable) -"could impact balance of team games, mercs already suck in team games, especially team mercs"

103. Arsonists and Repentant Arsonists have missing 'Mercenary' tag.

104. Asian Consulate Bank hit points bounty, kill bounty, hitpoints and gather rate need to be all adjusted to match current stats.

105. Repentant Fusiliers have missing 1.5x bonus against Light Infantry in guard mode.

106. Portuguese Infantry Cards now appear in the incorrect location of the home city menu, as well as their cards they were once swapped out for. The combat cards will still be available in age 2/3. (I believe this is a AS Fan Patch 1.2 issue only.) (Recommended Change)

107. xpTomahawk throws a musket ball instead of a tomahawk. (Solution is to use Vanilla Native tomahawks attack animation.) (This is an animation file change and wont have an effect on the units balance or upgrades that effect it.) (Recommended Change) (Successfully added in FP 1.3 for Mac) -"Animation has to stay the same fee"

108. Native Settlers throw musket balls. (Solution change animation to Native Eagle Warrior) (This is an animation file change and wont have an effect on the units balance or upgrades that effect it.) (Recommended Change) (Successfully added in FP 1.3 for Mac) -"Animation has to stay the same feel" -I fixed the bug in 1.3 that caused these units to miss throwing spears occasionally. They now have 100% accuracy.

109. The Firepit Bug: Essentially you can set settlers to a unit modification dance on the firepit and they will give the bonus to units attack, siege, or explorer. This works properly. Once dancers are removed from the firepit the bonus remains active. The boosted unit statistics remain unchanged, even though the dance UI icon by the score vanishes. If you set the firepit to a different dance the bonus goes away. (No possible fix I'm aware of. Bug is fixed on ESO through ESO client, but not in game files. This bug effects all offline, LAN and 3rd Party Clients gameplay.) (Could become major problem if ESO servers ever are closed) (Exploitable)

110. China Record Game bug is caused by the tech ypMonasteryDiscipleAura. It's located at the monastery (Costs 100f 100g) and gives Disciples a 10% attack and hp boost inside Chinese Monks Aura. If you set it to record game, the effect will increase ALL units HP and attack by 10% inside Monk's Aura. (Possible fix is to make tech effect all units increase the cost to 500f 500g. This puts it inline with a unit upgrade card shipped from the homecity. This is undesirable.) (Exploitable) -We need to discuss the best method to fix this.

111. Chinese and Aztec explorers that died in cover mode revive with full speed. Switching stances causes the cover mode speed to reset back to normal. This could cause imbalances early game as it increases explorer HP tremendously. (Possible solution is to remove or standardize stats for cover mode. Both options are undesirable) (Exploitable)

112. This is done with a text editor with the homecity.xml file. It allows up 44 cards to sit in the deck. (No possible fix currently. Bug is fixed on ESO through ESO client, but not in game files. This bug effects all offline, LAN and 3rd Party Clients gameplay.) (Could become major problem if ESO servers ever are closed) (Exploitable)

113. Sioux and Indian explorers are unable to pick up treasures when in other modes other than the default melee mode.

114. Aztec Eagle Knight holds a spear but shoots arrows. (Solution change animation to Native Eagle Warrior) (This is an animation file change and wont have an effect on the units balance or upgrades that effect it.) (Recommended Change) (Successfully added in FP 1.3 for Mac)

115. Mill and Plantation bug with villagers becoming stuck inside of center building. (While there is no full proof way to fix this, making villagers static on mills and plantations would help reduce occurance. Would require testing as it could increase gather rates. -"Gather rates for walking on these vary based on levels of lag in the game, rather not touch this one and get into that game" -This is a fairly easy fix and balance change. The villagers walking on a mill already gather at nearly the same rate as static villagers on farms and rice paddies. I understand the hesitation however.

116. Native Eagle Warrior missing modifiers against Cavalry, CoyoteMen, Light Cavalry, and Eagle Knights.

117. English copies of TAD civilizations use a pseudo-Mandarin, pseudo-Farsi and pseudo-Nihongo voices for all current sound files. When the game was released in Japan and China ES re-recorded all the unit voices using actual Japanese and Chinese voice actors. (Solution use sound files from those copies of the game to give units proper languages. TWC civs and India have no solutions for proper voice overs.) (Debatable change) -"Change to games feel would be too large"

118. TWC and TAD were released with low resolution flag icons. While at release the resolution was unnoticeable, with newer screens it's easy to notice how poor in quality these flags are compared to the Vanilla flag icons. Same applies to revolution flags. (Solution is to retexture and skin the current icons, or use "HD flag" mods that currently exist. Using mod would save hours of work since the results would be virtually identical.) (Debatable change) -"Not necessary really" -I actually would recommend this. It doesn't effect gameplay but it does improve the overall look of the game.

119. Abus Guns missing modifiers vs Light Cavalry or Eagle Knights in stagger and defend modes.

120. Asian versions of Elmeti, Mamelukes, and Li'l Bombards are available in the Fortress Age.

121. Japanese Shogunate wonder grants 1600 XP to industrial but only lists as 600 XP.

122. Japanese end isolation incorrectly reduces unit attack by 10%.

123. Units tagged as LightInfantry are not affected by British Consulate hit point boost.

124. A very rare first person view caused by using certain hotkey combinations while in home city view. (No known solution. Rare bug, and going to options menu fixes view.)

125. Setting one ranged cavalry or ranged infantry unit into defend mode with any 1-49 hand cavalry, or hand infantry causes what is known as a cavalry or infantry box. While not a true bug by definition, it is most likely an unintended consequence of unit stances. (Solution is to reduce speed of units in defend mode, or set so only artillery units sit in middle, or reconfigure spacing. All methods undesirable) (Debatable change) (Would encourage less experienced players as this tactic is frowned upon, but would ultimately push away most treaty players.) "-Cav boxing is fine

126. Agra Fort is missing hotkeys to train units. (3 solutions exist to fix this. First is using a User.con file to override a hotkey button, this however is not ideal and is harder for less experienced players to understand. Second would be removing a hotkey that is hardly used from the list and replacing it with Agra Fort hotkeys. This is also not ideal as some people may use all hotkeys or at least have them mapped namely the treaty community. Third solution would be to edit the .bar file and increase the number of allowable hotkeys, without removing anything be the easiest solution for all players. This however would make the download for the patch much larger.)

127. Flare Allies button is missing a hotkey. (3 solutions exist to fix this. First is using a User.con file to override a hotkey button, this however is not ideal and is harder for less experienced players to understand. Second would be removing a hotkey that is hardly used from the list and replacing it with the Flare Allies hotkey. This is also not ideal as some people may use all hotkeys or at least have them mapped namely the treaty community. Third solution would be to edit the .bar file and increase the number of allowable hotkeys, without removing anything be the easiest solution for all players. This however would make the download for the patch much larger.)

128. Patrol Tactic is missing its icon and hotkey. (3 solutions exist to fix this. First is using a User.con file to override a hotkey button, this however is not ideal and is harder for less experienced players to understand. Second would be removing a hotkey that is hardly used from the list and replacing it with the Patrol hotkeys. This is also not ideal as some people may use all hotkeys or at least have them mapped namely the treaty community. Third solution would be to edit the .bar file and increase the number of allowable hotkeys, without removing anything be the easiest solution for all players. This however would make the download for the patch much larger. As for the missing icon, that could be added to the UI, but I find the button intrusive, and the icon it currently has is low resolution, making it awkward.)

129. Build Gate is missing a hotkey option. (Solution would not need to be as complicated as above since villagers aren't building this. Setting it to a User.con with a pre determined button would suffice as hotkey conflict would only occur with a "find unit" hotkey.)

130. Eject Villagers from Town Center hotkey should be set to universal for all buildings. Thus all units could be ejected from any building or boat using the same hotkey. (Solution is even easier than above. Just set the eject button to a game world option.) -"There is already a universal ungarrison hotkey -No there isn't.

131. ESOC Patch Ottoman Silk Road card still is colored to look like a team card. (Solution reskin border of card.)

132. Comancheros only have a 1 ROF melee attack and deals siege damage when put in melee mode. "-Unit is useless anyway -Seems like such an easy fix?

133. Pirate outlaws from the saloon are missing snare effect when they attack, and their speed doesn't decrease in cover mode.

134. Spies and Ninjas only take 100hp worth of damage when using explorers crackshot. (This may be due to a negative multiplier.)

135. All ESOC maps and map sets are using incorrect image files. (Custom images would need to be created as these are new maps. This is easy to do though slightly time consuming. Would give the patch a more professional look which is desirable.) -"We don't have images that are the same look and feel so don’t want to change it" -Photo Shop. This is how the Competitive Map Set had its own image file in FP 1.2.

136. Gates do not properly reduce to the new HP of 1500 on ESOC Patch. "Doesn’t impact games because of aoe splash" -Walls honestly should be stronger than gates from designer perspective, but I digress.

137. Flame Throwers damage cap is lower than its base attack resulting in the unit not dealing the correct amount of damage to units.

138. Trample mode does not work properly with units that already have area damage attacks.

139. Native Settler does not use a spear animation in hand combat. (This is an animation file change and wont have an effect on the units balance or upgrades that effect it.) (Recommended Change)

140. Settler Wagon does not use blunderbuss melee animation in hand combat. (This is an animation file change and wont have an effect on the units balance or upgrades that effect it.) (Recommended Change)

141. Windowing into and out of the game causes all music and sound files to become muffled. (No known solution other than playing with sliders in options menu)

142. Ottoman TEAM 600 gold is set to obtainable only in the Industrial Age. (Card should be set in line with Aztecs TEAM 600 gold that's obtainable in Fortress Age) -"Doesn’t really matter and otto are so good in team anyway because of abus

143. Macehualtin shoots musket balls as opposed to slinger rocks.(Solution change animation to either Bolas Warrior sling or make a custom small rock animation.) (This is an animation file change and wont have an effect on the units balance or upgrades that effect it.) (Recommended Change) (Successfully added in FP 1.3 for Mac)

144. Tiger Claw Natives (Including Mercenary Variety) are missing the CoyoteMan tag. -"Impacts balance"

145. Rattan Shield Natives (Including Mercenary Variety) are missing the CoyoteMan tag. -"Impacts balance"

I haven't heard back whether to fix the following bugs below line 145.

146. CheckLandHCGatherPoint flag should be added to Cherokee trading post's Sequoyah Syllabary tech. If there is no dropoff point for the Settlers, you do not get them, nor do you get your 400 resource back.

147. Techs that are supposed to upgrade warships ('Cannonade', 'Armor Plating', and, technically, also 'Percussion Locks') don't affect ironclads, because these miss the 'LogicalTypeNavalMilitary' unit type definition used by those techs. (Navy upgrade cards like 'Improved Warships' or 'Offshore Support' work, because they use the unit type definition 'AbstractWarship' which includes ironclads.)

148. Killing herdables near captured treasures (like Villagers or Tomahawks) sometimes attack the player. This can also cause guardians to attack villagers. (The chop attack when using it against herdables appears to have an area damage. Would need to look into this more.)

149. The revolutionary Bonifacio (Brazil) is supposed to give all minor native warriors 'Legendary' upgrades, including elite and champion upgrades. However, it just provides the 'Legendary Native Warriors' tech from the capitol, the respective 'Warrior Society' and 'Champion' techs still have to be researched individually.

150. After ending a game or moving from the editor to the main menu it plays the AoE3 Vanilla theme, not the TAD theme.

151. Warriors from the Alarm Dance fire musket balls rather than arrows.

152. British and Aztec Offshore Support card is available at Age 2, while for Ottomans this card is only available at Age 4. (Debatable change as it changes game meta. Better solution balance wise would be to move all these cards to age 4. Discussion for balance team)

153. Native civs do not get LOS from Trading Post Gaia Units.

154. Arsenal tech Counter Infantry Rifling doesn't affect shipped Cherokee and Cree natives (but does affect European mercenaries and Cherokee/Cree natives from Trading Posts).

155. Russian / German TC may disappear when aging. Happens most frequently when going Imperial. (No known cause or solution)

156. NatMercHuronMantlet are missing "AbstractInfantry" tag.

157. Cherokee Basket Weaving is supposed to make Dock, Market, Mill, and Plantation improvements no longer cost Wood. It does not affect however the new upgrades for those buildings introduced for the expansion pack civilizations.

158. Cherry Orchard build space restriction is not retroactive nor is it reciprocal. Players are not likely to be able to build replacement Orchards if the old one is surrounded by buildings.

159. The Sioux and Aztecs have cannons that fire out of the TC when a ship is close. (Solution is to create a new projectile with same stats that isn't a cannon.)

160. Chinese Heavy Cannons from Russian Factory missing audio.

161. Gorasksha card only affects the base gather rate when livestock is not tasked to a Sacred Field; has no bonus when tasked to a Sacred Field.

162. Sepoy tooltip incorrectly indicates that they're good against cavalry with their ranged attack.

163. Tashunke Prowler tooltip description lists them as being available in the Colonial Age.

164. Asian expansion civs using native canoes have no audio.

165. Tashunke Prowler is missing upgrades for Champion and Legendary. (This looks to be intentional by ES, but the units stats are currently not to par with Industrial and Imperial units.) (Could change meta) (Debatable Change)

166. Fast Training techs and cards do not effect Dog Solider, Skull Knight, Summer Palace, Dojo, or Confuscion Academy training time. They do however effect factories.(Could change meta) (Debatable Change) (Need to double check this one.)

167. Factories are penalized if not enough population space is available when training various artillery. All Asian wonders and Dojos however are not penalized for this and units finish training as soon as population space becomes available. (This appears intentional though the rationale behind it is puzzling)

168. Wokou Horseman fire incorrect musket projectile.

169. Spains new shipment numbers do not display the correct number of units.[/spoiler]
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

I agree that something needs to be done to give the twc civs an infinite wood source. Maybe TheHollow's idea of an infinite mango grove shipment could work.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds: