Forum Rules and Guidelines
ESO-Community seeks to be a place for all Age of Empires 3 players to come together to discuss and share in the game we all enjoy. When on the forum, please respect these rules to help ensure that this is a community welcome to all players. Keep in mind that violations of these rules may result in warnings, suspensions or even permanent bans from the site.
To report a violation of these rules please make use of the “Report this post” feature, it is the absolute best way to draw the moderation staff's attention to a post. Each report is investigated and evaluated by the site staff. If you have a problem regarding moderation as a whole, a particular moderation action, or feel you are being treated unfairly please create a thread in the Small Claims Court subforum and the issue will be looked into. All site staff must abide by these rules as well and their posts may be reported and investigated the same as other forum members.
All site rules also apply to all ESO-Community platforms: ESOC Discord, ESOCTV Twitch channel, ESOCTV YouTube channel, ESOC Facebook fanpage, ESOC Twitter page.
It is important to note that these rules are not designed to be comprehensive, the site staff may take any action at any time if your conduct at ESOC is counterproductive to the community. Any failure on our part to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, should not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so at any time.
1) Be respectful. Personal attacks, in the form of excessive use of derogatory terms and curse words directed at others, will not be tolerated. It's fine to have your differences with others and you are able to express those views on ESOC, however, it must not become your sole purpose on ESOC.
2) Respect site staff and their decisions. The management of this site is made possible through the efforts of people freely devoting their time and/or money to its maintenance and moderation. If you have a problem with the moderation of the site, create a thread in the Small Claims Court subforum. You may not, however, publicly complain about or demand reasons for moderation actions. Public discussion of moderation policy must be confined to this thread alone: (none available at this time). Harassment of site staff on the forum or other services will lead to consequences as well.
3) Do not spam the forums. Avoid posting recurring/excessive threads or posting several times in a row in one thread (remember to use the „Edit" function), try to look for similar topics before posting and make sure that any thread you open has something substantial to discuss from the beginning. When posting, make sure that you are not disruptive of the topic at hand. Nonsensical posts, posts created to start a flame war and post count inflation are also considered forms of spam.
4) Keep recurring topics in a single thread. Any posts that are intended to be a recurring series need either be infrequent enough to not cause a disturbance to other users, or be contained in a single thread. If you have a series in mind reach out to site staff to plan how to post it to the forums.
5) Stay on topic. Any threads that do not belong to The Town Center (off-topic) board should be kept relatively on topic as to allow new people to join the discussion.
6) Signatures and avatars are a privilege, not a right. The moderation staff reserves the right to modify or remove your signature at anytime. Please keep it small and to the point. These will be handled on a case by case basis.
7) Cheating or hacking accusations are forbidden. This includes any form of accusing thread directed at another in game user (people were trolling you, insulting you etc.). If you were cheated, we are sorry. If you want to take action, familiarise yourself with this thread and please send the evidence in a private message to n0eL or another Administrator or Community Team member. We will keep this information private and use it to safeguard ESOC products and for the purpose of future ESOC events.
8) Inappropriate content is forbidden. Do not upload, share, or link inappropriate, pornographic, warez, gruesome or otherwise excessively vulgar/illegal/malicious material. Please respect the fact that this site is open to people of all ages and that such content is not appropriate for ESOC.
9) No discrimination. Bigotry, racism and other forms of discrimination will not be tolerated. Most topics are open to discussion on ESOC, as long as such topics remain respectful and have well-thought arguments in them. Bigotry does not contribute to any discussion. While you may disagree with others, do so respectfully.
10) Discussion or distribution of cheats/exploits is forbidden. Whether the exploit/cheat is well known or not, there is no need to draw any extra attention to them.
11) Respect the privacy of others. Do not pressure anyone into revealing private or real-life information, such as: names, addresses, phone numbers, or information of that kind.
12) Advertising spam-bot accounts are not allowed. Any user that has created their account with the sole purpose of advertising another site or service will be instantly permanently banned and their posts deleted.
13) Do not impersonate other members of the site. Each person in the community should be able to have their own identity and image. It's inappropriate to infringe on other's identities and you may be warned or banned for doing it.
14) This forum is English only, except for the language-specific subforums. To simplify moderation on the general forums, please only post in English.
15) Don’t post in a manner that is harmful to ESOC. This includes posts directing users to other, similar services or attacks directed towards the site staff.
16) Don’t ban dodge. Ban dodging will lead to increased suspensions and possible IP bans. It wastes everyone's time including your own to try to dodge any moderation actions taken.
The basic moderation model is as follows, the site staff may deviate from this model, especially if the user in question has received many minor warnings over time or if the offense is severe. You may remain at a certain stage through multiple infractions (and official warnings) if they are minor.
1. Staff posts in the thread, signalling that a user is being a problem and explains the issue, and also sends an official warning with the site’s warning system.
2. Another formal warning using the site’s system, warning of suspensions incoming.
3. One-day suspension.
4. Three-day suspension.
5. One-week suspension.
6. One-month suspension.
7. Permanent ban.
Any questions about anything in this post can be directed via PM to any Administrator or Community Team member or a thread in the Small Claims Court subforum.