The cheating culture

United States of America cedarfarms
Dragoon
ESO: Cedar_farms_

The cheating culture

Post by cedarfarms »

The games really taking a hit from all of this cheating thats taken off recently. Not just because of the cheaters but because now everyone is so paranoid that people are cheating, everyone just accuses each other of cheating for no reason. Last game i got accused of map hacking, eco hacking, population hacking all in one game lol. Is there ever going to be anything that can help prevent cheating like the way it used to be? It really is so annoying now
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: The cheating culture

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

cedarfarms wrote:The games really taking a hit from all of this cheating thats taken off recently. Not just because of the cheaters but because now everyone is so paranoid that people are cheating, everyone just accuses each other of cheating for no reason. Last game i got accused of map hacking, eco hacking, population hacking all in one game lol. Is there ever going to be anything that can help prevent cheating like the way it used to be? It really is so annoying now

You can play on the EP lol. Otherwise rec your games.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

cedarfarms wrote:Is there ever going to be anything that can help prevent cheating like the way it used to be?

Yup.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

i have to say that some "technical issues" are not far away from cheat.
auto no-pillar wall
building rotate
wall is nerfed in fp but in re endless wall is still fucking op. building rotate sounds good, but its still not available without changing game data.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Frankly, with the rampant cheating which Microsoft is doing nothing about, it's nothing short of amazing that more people don't just play EP.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Couprider wrote:i have to say that some "technical issues" are not far away from cheat.
auto no-pillar wall
building rotate
wall is nerfed in fp but in re endless wall is still fucking op. building rotate sounds good, but its still not available without changing game data.

Well, even if macros aren't allowed in RTS games, you can't really bann someone for doing that since he didn't change the game files.
Rotator can be considered like a cheat but it doesn't give you a huge advantage.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Yeah we should just include it in EP.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Couprider wrote:i have to say that some "technical issues" are not far away from cheat.
auto no-pillar wall
building rotate

Well, even if macros aren't allowed in RTS games, you can't really bann someone for doing that since he didn't change the game files.
Rotator can be considered like a cheat but it doesn't give you a huge advantage.

but it does influence the game balance. players like nayuki cannot wall with no pillar in a few seconds, while still herd, train units, micro, age up.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Couprider wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
auto no-pillar wall
building rotate

but it does influence the game balance. players like nayuki cannot wall with no pillar in a few seconds, while still herd, train units, micro, age up.

Well, he press a button while a normal player would have to press 2, that's not a big deal xD
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

zoom wrote:Frankly, with the rampant cheating which Microsoft is doing nothing about, it's nothing short of amazing that more people don't just play EP.

Its annoying, because people dont play in ep, just because others dont play.... So you end up with a game in re, in witch both players wanted to be on ep...
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

cedarfarms wrote:The games really taking a hit from all of this cheating thats taken off recently. Not just because of the cheaters but because now everyone is so paranoid that people are cheating, everyone just accuses each other of cheating for no reason. Last game i got accused of map hacking, eco hacking, population hacking all in one game lol. Is there ever going to be anything that can help prevent cheating like the way it used to be? It really is so annoying now

if somebody accuses you of cheating, troll them :D :mrgreen:
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

lemmings121 wrote:
zoom wrote:Frankly, with the rampant cheating which Microsoft is doing nothing about, it's nothing short of amazing that more people don't just play EP.

Its annoying, because people dont play in ep, just because others dont play.... So you end up with a game in re, in witch both players wanted to be on ep...

It's the sad truth. We apperantly don't have the persistence to force it on others, rather than them forcing us to play RE.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Jerom wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:

It's the sad truth. We apperantly don't have the persistence to force it on others, rather than them forcing us to play RE.

EP doesnt provide enough features (or new features), and the balance is meh, so the only people playing on it are:
-"EP balance team"
-"Anyone involved with the site"
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

thebritish wrote:
Jerom wrote:
Show hidden quotes

EP doesnt provide enough features (or new features)

What new features are you thinking of? Right now there's:

- Improved balance
- Improved maps
- Anti cheat
- Compatibility with UI (ekanta for example) and building rotator
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
thebritish wrote:
Show hidden quotes

EP doesnt provide enough features (or new features)

- Improved balance
- Improved maps
- Anti cheat
- Compatibility with UI (ekanta for example) and building rotator

lvl100 homecity :)
change the order of you decks in a homecity :)
bug fixes (hero survive, agra hotkey, etc)
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Couprider wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Well, he press a button while a normal player would have to press 2, that's not a big deal xD

nonono not that easy
to build no-pillar walls, you have to make sure the length of every single pile of wall is equal. that's a tough work for normal players, but with hotkeys it becomes a easy job.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

The patch is good, all of my games with people in friends list are in ep.... But sometimes you just want to play rated with strangers, and hosting a room in ep takes ages, while qs in re is relatively full...
But we should be more persistent and keep hosting ganes in ep instead of giving up...
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:EP doesnt provide enough features (or new features)

- Improved balance They nerfed what they cant play against
- Improved maps I can play on the same maps on RE too
- Anti cheat Just record your games and it will be the same as playing on EP
- Compatibility with UI (ekanta for example) and building rotator I dont know what do you mean by this. But, if its that we can use building rotator, it isnt any big change since any dedicated 1liet+ player has it and rarely anyone below sergeant play on EP or can get a fair game.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Couprider wrote:lvl100 homecity :)

1) As far as I know this is something that is being discussed
2) I doubt that's possible. Try copying the deck you want on top and deleting the old one. Newest decks will always be on top of the list.
3) Agra hotkeys can be added to your user.con. Explorer revive requires a lot of work and is not worth it.

thebritish wrote:EP doesnt provide enough features (or new features)

- Compatibility with UI (ekanta for example) and building rotator I dont know what do you mean by this. But, if its that we can use building rotator, it isnt any big change since any dedicated 1liet+ player has it and rarely anyone below sergeant play on EP or can get a fair game.

I'm going to go ahead and ignore this.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Couprider wrote:
Show hidden quotes

nonono not that easy
to build no-pillar walls, you have to make sure the length of every single pile of wall is equal. that's a tough work for normal players, but with hotkeys it becomes a easy job.[/quote]
Yes and kynesie does it himself. He builds the wall with the right segment length and then he uses his macro, almost the same.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:

2) I doubt that's possible. Try copying the deck you want on top and deleting the old one. Newest decks will always be on top of the list.
3) Agra hotkeys can be added to your user.con. Explorer revive requires a lot of work and is not worth it.

Because you dont know what to answer when i said the truth...
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

thebritish wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:

No, because you must be trolling.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

lemmings121 wrote:

lemmings121 wrote:The patch is good, all of my games with people in friends list are in ep.... But sometimes you just want to play rated with strangers, and hosting a room in ep takes ages, while qs in re is relatively full...
But we should be more persistent and keep hosting ganes in ep instead of giving up...

Well yes, but more so than anything else we should find users on RE to convince them to play with us on EP. This is the best way of finding games quickly outside of closed circles until the user-base can sustain itself, and the best way to achieve self-sustainability.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
thebritish wrote:
Show hidden quotes

No, because you must be trolling.
Since I have time atm I'll deal with it.

In a way you could say they nerfed what they can't play against, because no one could play against otto or iro in a similar skill game because they were just way too good. The only other major nerf was walls, which once again couldn't really be played against because they were insanely good. In fact, they still are insanely good. I'd like to see them reduced down to 500 or 1k hp actually. You can't play rated games on Re on the EP maps so you're stuck with like the 3 balanced maps for those who want to play rated, which is most people. People can still cheat if you record the game lol. Do you really want to go through and watch every single game you play to see if people are cheating? Because most of the time when people cheat it isn't going to be obvious. And no, most people don't use building rotator mod. Instead of tearing down the hours and hours of volunteer work into just because you're mad they didn't buff longbows, how about you go make your own balance patch thats better than EP, since you seen to know everything.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

thebritish wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:EP doesnt provide enough features (or new features)

1. This is completely false and as ignorant as it is disrespectful.
2. You cannot play rated games on ESOC maps on RE Patch.
3. Recording your games does not prevent cheating in any way, nor does Microsoft do anything if you submit them.
4. He means that those mods are compatible with the patch. On top of this I would like to add that installing and using the patch is very easy and user-friendly.