lol... everyone laughed when I mentioned server upgrades and AoE4 2 years ago...

United States of America loquacioushoneybee
Crossbow

Re: lol... everyone laughed when I mentioned server upgrades and AoE4 2 years ago...

Post by loquacioushoneybee »

noissance wrote:The servers probably went from 'xeon's to core i5 chips or older amd opterons. This would explain the clear downgrade in performance. Of course, they couldve just gotten RGB lighting for the servers and called that an "upgrade"

They downloaded more RAM
Ask not for whom the timer ticks, it ticks for thee.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Re: lol... everyone laughed when I mentioned server upgrades and AoE4 2 years ago...

Post by noissance »

loquacioushoneybee wrote:
noissance wrote:The servers probably went from 'xeon's to core i5 chips or older amd opterons. This would explain the clear downgrade in performance. Of course, they couldve just gotten RGB lighting for the servers and called that an "upgrade"

They downloaded more RAM

RGB Ram?
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:No one is laughing, you made a lucky guess, aoe4 isn't coming, you're full of shit

Poor poor gibby.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

umeu wrote:
gibson wrote:No one is laughing, you made a lucky guess, aoe4 isn't coming, you're full of shit

Poor poor gibby.

Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Haha, typical salty lurch. It must be so tough being negative all the time. Poor poor gibby
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Who is David?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Legoï»ż
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

aizamk, jerom and few more standing here looking pretty bad for ya?
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

sebnan12 wrote:aizamk, jerom and few more standing here looking pretty bad for ya?

To be fair jerom made an equally spot on prediction in this thread.
Jerom wrote:If aoe4 is anything like the server "upgrade" they might aswell relaunch aoeo.

What is your source though? I mean I can claim that microsoft is never going to make a new aoe game and be just as right.

Obviously microsoft didn't relaunch it but he didn't say microsoft, he said "they" :hmm:
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Gendarme wrote:
umeu wrote:

Poor poor gibby.

Aw whys he banned?
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

dicktator_ wrote:
sebnan12 wrote:aizamk, jerom and few more standing here looking pretty bad for ya?

Jerom wrote:If aoe4 is anything like the server "upgrade" they might aswell relaunch aoeo.

What is your source though? I mean I can claim that microsoft is never going to make a new aoe game and be just as right.

Obviously microsoft didn't relaunch it but he didn't say microsoft, he said "they" :hmm:

I stand by what I said in this thread (as those remain accurate even after the announcement of aoe4), and am still very annoyed by comments like the one made by the OP to this day. Making claims with no source except "I know something you don't".

As for aoeo, we were quite lucky to have had some extremely talented individuals join the team earlier this year and make insanely fast progress, but we also do have to be thankful for MS for ignoring the project from its inception last year (legally speaking).
oranges.
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

illusioNtEk wrote:blablablaiknowshityoudontknowblabla

i made 2 posts about AoE4 being announced at the 20 year AoE anniversary party at gamescom... but did i believe it myself or anyone else in this forum? no. but then it happened.

and now all those kiddies are like "i called it", the fact that hardly any of you watched the livestream at gamescom proofes that nobody has any inside connections or actually knew shit..
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

speaking from experience MS is quite competent when it comes to ignoring RTSs that aren't AoC and AoE2
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

Aizamk wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:

I stand by what I said in this thread (as those remain accurate even after the announcement of aoe4), and am still very annoyed by comments like the one made by the OP to this day. Making claims with no source except "I know something you don't".

As for aoeo, we were quite lucky to have had some extremely talented individuals join the team earlier this year and make insanely fast progress, but we also do have to be thankful for MS for ignoring the project from its inception last year (legally speaking).

but he had inside informations, but hes getting in danger when he tells so its legit not to tell who it is !!!!!
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

illusioNtEk wrote:Told you guys :)

I have some inside news but can't tell anyone or my friend could get into trouble.

I Know 2020 is years away but it will be here in no time. :)

Its cool, you dont need to tell anything confidential. You know what you should do? Make some lucky guesses :)

If it happens to be right, it was a totally lucky guess ;)
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Any post made about AOE4 prior to it being announced was indeed nothing more than a lucky guess.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

You could call it a guess, I guess, but nevertheless some may be based on factors other than pure luck, naturally. You could draw conclusion based on MS's policy of that time, gaming tendencies and so on.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Aizamk wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:

I completely agree with you , I was just joking around a little. Unsubstantiated claims along with the "I know something you don't" attitude is really annoying.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

lol
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

_H2O wrote:lol

do you know sth which we dont ?
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

He knows that this thread is laughable. ;)
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

This just feels like a magic conch moment to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu5SJcNp0J0

Oh illusiontek what do we need to do to get AoE4!!!!!

Nothing.

The shell has spoken!
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

AoE 5 will eventually come in years... quote me on this, I already called it back in 2k17
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Talking is easy. How much are you willing to bet? ;)
United States of America illusioNtEk
Skirmisher
ESO: illusioNtEk

Post by illusioNtEk »

**Insider update**

Friend told me that aoe4 won’t be released till 2020 maybe 2021... he posted a screen shot on reddit and looks like some people don’t believe him lol obviously he was not allowed to take a screenshot of the UI nor show proof as it’s something Microsoft does not want the public to know... but they do want people to know they are hard at work on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe4/comments/ ... creenshot/