lol... everyone laughed when I mentioned server upgrades and AoE4 2 years ago...

United States of America illusioNtEk
Skirmisher
ESO: illusioNtEk

lol... everyone laughed when I mentioned server upgrades and AoE4 2 years ago...

Post by illusioNtEk »

I posted this back in 2014 here

http://forums.ageofempires.com/topic/17 ... ed/?page=2

A little bird told me

that Microsoft is very happy with the sales AOE3 is still able to generate.

Because of this, management will further support ESO for AOE3 Online Gameplay beyond 2015 (which was the scheduled date to terminate it)

Microsoft has put together a team (who we are now starting to hear about) to update the current ESO servers which are rather old by today's standards. Servers seem to be built in 2003.

At the moment Microsoft is not able to start production on AoE4..... However management is very aware if the demand for it and will soon hear about it before 2020

Whos laughing now?

AoE4 in 2020.... get rdy :)
United States of America HeatitUP_
Lancer

Re: lol... everyone laughed when I mentioned server upgrades and AoE4 2 years ago...

Post by HeatitUP_ »

Well it really had no positive impact of my experience when playing the game. I don't even see the big deal with this server upgrade.
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Re: lol... everyone laughed when I mentioned server upgrades and AoE4 2 years ago...

Post by Aizamk »

The server 'upgrade' has done a very good job of downgrading the ESO2 experience thus far. When they're down half the time you want to play... nobody is laughing.
oranges.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Aizamk wrote:The server 'upgrade' has done a very good job of downgrading the ESO2 experience thus far. When they're down half the time you want to play... nobody is laughing.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

If aoe4 is anything like the server "upgrade" they might aswell relaunch aoeo.

What is your source though? I mean I can claim that microsoft is never going to make a new aoe game and be just as right.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

It's particularly disadvantageous for the scene when the servers — either on purpose or not — or down at the weekends, when a lot of casual, Sunday players turn up to play a game or two. We've already seen a lot of complaining about the servers from newer members of ESOC.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Do you have the proof and/or sources I asked you for back then?
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

No one is laughing, you made a lucky guess, aoe4 isn't coming, you're full of shit
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Well no the thing about new servers doesn't even have to be a lucky guess. The OP's so-called clairvoyant post was in 2014... but those who've been around long enough will know that Microsoft was trialling new servers as far back as 2013, they just didn't act on it as much as they did this time around.

http://forum.agecommunity.com/forums/th ... 04922.aspx

The beta testing back then was even less well received than now because everyone got the Invalid IP Address error when they tried to play on them.

It's just mildly annoying to me when people claim something and don't produce any evidence backing things up anyway. I was annoyed when I read that post on the aoe forums back then, and I'm annoyed when reading it again right now.

/aizrant
oranges.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

That's what you get for gloating, OP.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Aizamk wrote:Well no the thing about new servers doesn't even have to be a lucky guess. The OP's so-called clairvoyant post was in 2014... but those who've been around long enough will know that Microsoft was trialling new servers as far back as 2013, they just didn't act on it as much as they did this time around.

http://forum.agecommunity.com/forums/th ... 04922.aspx

The beta testing back then was even less well received than now because everyone got the Invalid IP Address error when they tried to play on them.

It's just mildly annoying to me when people claim something and don't produce any evidence backing things up anyway. I was annoyed when I read that post on the aoe forums back then, and I'm annoyed when reading it again right now.

/aizrant

Well if there really was an insider he wouldn't want to/be able to produce evidence anyway
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

hard to annoy aiz as well. I know how to do it now though, so this post has worked
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

There actually might be a reason for downtime, I mean they maybe intentional, look when MS launched the game back in 05 it was a new game and crowd was high, so for that time high capacity servers maybe installed, but simply assuming MS would invest same amount nowadays is wrong because aoe 3 doesn't just generate enough revenue and they got many other projects to work on as well, maybe the new server's aren't designed to handle much load and are in downtime for this particular reason so that they gradually are brought to their full potential thus increasing their life, that being said spending a few thousand bucks on decent quality servers shouldn't be a hole in the pocket for MS. But since the online support far exceeds the scheduled end date we can't really complain I believe.
Jerom wrote: Garja is a better player than most of us here
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

fuck microsoft
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

Aoe4, only if Blizzard will buy AGE. Microsoft still sucks, they wasn't able to exploit Age when it was active and booming, let alone now that AGE'S SAGA is dead, LOL, SC2 ARE OWNING.
LOL, a stupid game where you will be bored soon to play it (all the time the same), is alive since 2009 and being the most played videogames on the time.
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I heard durians go on sale next week at wholefoofds @aizamk
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Actually aoe3 is still being sold quite a lot if the steam sales are any accurate.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

umeu wrote:I heard durians go on sale next week at wholefoofds @aizamk

Lol
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

It's a safe asssumption because in 2020 probably no one will remember your predictions.
United States of America HeatitUP_
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

Papist wrote:Do you have the proof and/or sources I asked you for back then?

Everything has to be so anal with you all the time lmao
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
Skirmisher

Post by illusioNtEk »

Told you guys :)

I have some inside news but can't tell anyone or my friend could get into trouble.

I Know 2020 is years away but it will be here in no time. :)
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

I never saw such a bad topic title. (dont take it personal) :biggrin:
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Skirmisher

Post by illusioNtEk »

Mameluke wrote:I never saw such a bad topic title. (dont take it personal) :biggrin:

Heh! ^_^

I might of been drunk posting that
United States of America loquacioushoneybee
Crossbow

Post by loquacioushoneybee »

pecelot wrote:It's particularly disadvantageous for the scene when the servers — either on purpose or not — or down at the weekends, when a lot of casual, Sunday players turn up to play a game or two. We've already seen a lot of complaining about the servers from newer members of ESOC.

The FTJ problem is so large that it puts so many people off. It's such a shame to see newer members leave. It probably leads to more bias that it is a bad game with bad features - simply due to the fact that they haven't played it as much.
Ask not for whom the timer ticks, it ticks for thee.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

The servers probably went from 'xeon's to core i5 chips or older amd opterons. This would explain the clear downgrade in performance. Of course, they couldve just gotten RGB lighting for the servers and called that an "upgrade"
Error 404: Signature not found