Smackdown Analysis

United States of America gro74
Crossbow
ESO: gro74

Smackdown Analysis

Post by gro74 »

Woo! Thanks Zuta =)

I'm excited and mentally prepared to be embarrassed lol
Every man has his own way of eating yogurt.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Smackdown Analysis

Post by Durokan »

This is a game I played on 6/3/2015. I am wondering what I can do to improve my general gameplay and when the best time to push in during this game would be for both players. I played against the british as the french. I was also wondering what this british player can do to not lose in this matchup. We played on the normal great plains map and the match is around 15 minutes in length.
Attachments
[RE SP] Durokan[FR] vs jwall0007[BR] - Great Plains.age3yrec
(457.79 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Great Plains
Great Plains
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 16 minutes
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
United States of America gro74
Crossbow
ESO: gro74

Smackdown Analysis

Post by gro74 »

Thanks again Zuta! I found the "box" concept particularly insightful. You were correct in that I didn't really have a specific build in mind... I just sort of yolo'd it and tried to do a turtle/boom after getting up to fortress.

If I submit another game I'll be sure to give you a better example of my game play instead of one my worst xD
Every man has his own way of eating yogurt.
Retired Contributor

Smackdown Analysis

Post by Durokan »

gro74 wrote:Thanks again Zuta! I found the "box" concept particularly insightful. You were correct in that I didn''t really have a specific build in mind... I just sort of yolo''d it and tried to do a turtle/boom after getting up to fortress.

If I submit another game I''ll be sure to give you a better example of my game play instead of one my worst xD
i liked the box thing as well :)
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Smackdown Analysis

Post by Zutazuta »

Thanks guys. Durokan, I'll be doing your game next week :)
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Smackdown Analysis

Post by forgrin »

Hey Zuta, I'd really appreciate your analysis on my gameplay whenever you get a chance. I've recently been starting with French in an attempt to understand the game better, and am having trouble getting the samwise12 build down properly, especially with the 700w pop and housing. By pure coincidence, the only recs I have are victories but it's low level stuff so I'm sure there's loads to critique :P.

This one was against British, very close game (not entirely sure why he resigned at the end). [attachment id="566"]

I hope you get a chance to look at this, even if just briefly for a fix to that housing problem beginning of colonial. Thanks :)
Attachments
[RE SP] Forgrin[FR] vs Sti95[BR] - Great Plains.age3yrec
(447.71 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Great Plains
Great Plains
Length: 18 minutes
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Smackdown Analysis

Post by samwise12 »

you drop stable and rax with the 400 age up wood, queue up 1 musk and 1 huss from each building, the 700 wood will arrive in time to build a few houses so you can add more units to the batches in time.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Smackdown Analysis

Post by Jaeger »

Hey Zuta, I have a rec. I would like to know if my decision making was good this game and what other things can I improve?
Attachments
[RE SP] Ovi12[IN] vs Freexxx[FR] - ESOC Arkansas.age3yrec
(588.5 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
ESOC Arkansas
ESOC Arkansas
Length: 19 minutes
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Smackdown Analysis

Post by forgrin »

samwise12 wrote:you drop stable and rax with the 400 age up wood, queue up 1 musk and 1 huss from each building, the 700 wood will arrive in time to build a few houses so you can add more units to the batches in time.

Mhm, I have the macro generally correct, just need to correct some economic micro things to make sure the houses get up in time. I think it might have to do with when I start queuing the batches or something like that.

Also wow, this forum is great, ask about the Sam build and he shall appear :p thanks!
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Retired Contributor

Smackdown Analysis

Post by Durokan »

Thanks for the critique zuta!
No Flag Scotsword
Crossbow

Smackdown Analysis

Post by Scotsword »

Hi Zuta!

Thanks for doing the small analysis each week after Smackdown - it's a great idea.

Last night my friend and I played a best of 7 but this game in particular was one that I was very irritated by. He did a YOLO BS build (Aizamk will take notes I'm sure!!) and he admittedly said he only did it for the surprise factor (and it worked to be fair), so obviously this might not appeal to most people as they won't face this sort of build normally.

My main questions would be:
1) My initial plan (before the BS started) was to do an aggressive xbow/pike rush - is this a good choice? It's not a build I have done a lot (maybe once prior to this) and done a lot of musk/huss recently (Russia seems to be flavour of the month so always do french musk/huss against it so more comfortable with that build).
2) Should I have cancelled the 8 xbow shipment and gone with either 4cdb or 700w?
3) Would it have been better to age after the fight in my base (to deal with his composition), especially as I got a very good trade in that fight?
4) Is there anything else I could have done if I stayed in Age 2 to gain an advantage (I did raid a bit with hussars, but obviously not enough)?

2&'3 were things I thought immediately after the game had ended but not sure if right.

More general points would be very useful too. I think my main issue is that I get very anxious and flustered when things start to go badly so I make poor choices and general villager spawning, scouting and resource management all go out the window (poor macro seems to be something I notice I do a lot now - maybe I did it before as well but only notice it now!!) so maybe the fact I was not training as many villagers as I should have done and the ever increasing size of your famous "box" is something you might not have to focus on too much because I am fully aware of how bad it was in this game, but I'll give you permission to rant about it if you so wish! I find when all my eco and military can fit in one screen I can manage resources and villagers quite well' it is as soon as I have things running around the map in multiple locations that everything goes pear-shaped! I think "tunnel vision" is the appropriate phrase. Oh yes, I am also aware my army spent a long time in-between his forward base and my base not doing anything and it could have been trapped (I watched the replay back before writing this to you and that fact angered me the most because I didn't realise I did this in-game).

And the whole bit about being trapped at his forward base - You can ignore that! :P

I would say I wasn't in the best state playing this game (was up since 3am with only 3 hours sleep - played this at 9pm, and we had just played a grueling Russian mirror) although that shouldn't be an excuse!

Thanks for looking at this if you have time, and I apologise for bringing shame onto the ESO community with my poor play!

[attachment id="592"]

NB: My rank is 13, but most of this was earned by winning quite a few 2v2 matches with my friend, however I have been comfortably beating quite a few people of similar rank recently in unrated games (although from this game I am sure that you wouldn't believe it!).
Attachments
[RE SP] Scotsword[FR] vs ScotsPaladin[FR] - ESOC Pampas Sierras.age3yrec
(694.09 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
ESOC Pampas Sierras
ESOC Pampas Sierras
Length: 25 minutes
Retired Contributor

Smackdown Analysis

Post by Durokan »

The shenanigans your friend did made me happy :D
No Flag Scotsword
Crossbow

Smackdown Analysis

Post by Scotsword »

durokan wrote:The shenanigans your friend did made me happy :D

hahaha! I am more than sure there was a little voice in my head during the entire game saying "you''ll laugh about it afterwards"!! He likes being a prick to me to be honest :P He knows he can get away with it :P
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Smackdown Analysis

Post by zoom »

Consider casting the following game for the benefit of mankind, Zuts:

http://www.rts-sanctuary.com/The-Asian- ... pic=136665
Retired Contributor

Smackdown Analysis

Post by Durokan »

zoom wrote:Consider casting the following game for the benefit of mankind, Zuts:

http://www.rts-sanctuary.com/The-Asian- ... pic=136665
Zuta has said for the smackdown analysis he doesnt want to cast crazy games just to cast crazy games, he wants to help someone learn to play the game better. Yurashic or someone posted a rec like this and he didnt do it for that reason.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Smackdown Analysis

Post by zoom »

It's not that it's a crazy game' it's that it's one of the very best games ever recorded. Consider it a deviation from the pattern and not part of "Smackdown Analysis" whatsoever.
No Flag jkl
Dragoon

Smackdown Analysis

Post by jkl »

im using japan vs. aztec on arkansas. whats the bo for 20/20 ashi? i dont normally use japan so this was slower. also, occult wanted some tips as well with his aztecs.
Attachments
[RE SP] Occult[GE] vs JKL4LiF3[JP] - ESOC Arkansas.age3yrec
(611.04 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
ESOC Arkansas
ESOC Arkansas
Length: 28 minutes
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Smackdown Analysis

Post by Papist »

ovi12 wrote:I''ve got a pretty good rec:
http://eso-community.net/thread/657/aztec-india

Why did I loose, and what can India do vs aztec?
I watched it. A big issue I saw was letting him sit on the tp line the entire game. 5 tps with stagecoach let him mass insanely fast, even after he lost that first fight under your Agra. You also didn''t push back immediately after said fight, which allowed him to rebuild relatively easily.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Smackdown Analysis

Post by Jaeger »

papist wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Ive got a pretty good rec:
http://eso-community.net/thread/657/aztec-india

Why did I loose, and what can India do vs aztec?
I watched it. A big issue I saw was letting him sit on the tp line the entire game. 5 tps with stagecoach let him mass insanely fast, even after he lost that first fight under your Agra. You also didnt push back immediately after said fight, which allowed him to rebuild relatively easily.
I scouted him going for TP line so thats why I rushed. I think I coudlve still won if I didnt loose the vills on the gold mine
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag pokeman321
Crossbow

Smackdown Analysis

Post by pokeman321 »

hey zuta i was wondering if you could take a look at my replay it is a 1v1 aztec vs russia (im aztec) and was just wondering how can i improve in my skill and build order? thanks :D
Attachments
[RE SP] pokeman321[AZ] vs rogerthatOP[RU] - Great Plains.age3yrec
(476.48 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Great Plains
Great Plains
Length: 25 minutes
France iNcog
Ninja

Smackdown Analysis

Post by iNcog »

Here's one ~ :D

[attachment id="674"]
Attachments
[RE SP] Incognoto[IN] vs 海嘯[OT] - Great Plains.age3yrec
(345.6 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Great Plains
Great Plains
Length: 1 minute
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag krijner
Crossbow

Smackdown Analysis

Post by krijner »

Hey
I don't know if you are still doing this coaching thing, but i have got a game for you. I really thought this threat would be swarming with games, but it doesn't seem so. I think your comments are quite usefull.

This is a game from my france against aztec. Pr 19 vs 23, I hope it can be coached. Would like to know where i can improve the most, so i can go and practise that.
[attachment id="866"]
Attachments
[RE SP] Krijner[FR] vs Kenob[AZ] - ESOC Kamchatka.age3yrec
(467.54 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
ESOC Kamchatka
ESOC Kamchatka
Length: 23 minutes
No Flag janphilippr
Crossbow

Smackdown Analysis

Post by janphilippr »

Would be awesome if you could take a look at my Aztec vs China game on Siberia. I feel like I could've won this game at this game at the 9-minute mark. Would be cool if you could give me some advice concerning efficiency, micro and unit composition. :happytomato:

he is pr 24 I am pr 22 currently
Attachments
[RE SP] Chinese_Warlord[CH] vs JanPhilippR[AZ] - Siberia.age3yrec
(479.71 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Siberia
Siberia
Length: 27 minutes
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Smackdown Analysis

Post by gibson »

Aztec should win China every time imo
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Smackdown Analysis

Post by bobabu »

I have a very good rec against moesbar. I just don't know what to do against those ice cream trucks. Please help me!