Problem with E and R Hotkeys

No Flag Mirari
Musketeer

Post by Mirari »

I have my unit control groups on the ERTZ keys. Now when i have a rice paddy or a shine selected, pressing E or R doesn't do anything. Probably has something to do with the stadard key config. in which E and R are used to switch between Resources in said buildings, i think. The shrine and paddy keys i have remapped. Anyone has an idea if this can be fixed? It's really annoying especially when playing japan.

Before you ask, i re-arranged my control groups because i got a new keyboard, and when i reach for the number keys my (apparently very small) hand lies uncomfortably on the edge of the bottom row keys.
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

Post by cowhax »

^you can customize unit control groups. Mine are set to x ,c ,v, b, s, d, f, g. It's just easier on my hand to have the ctrl groups there. but yeah I get some hotkey conflict too with various buildings. I think the way to bypass it is change the hotkey used for those rice paddies. I have mine set to q (food)/w (coin) but I rarely use them.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Dang, I couldn't even afford to use letters for Ctrl groups. Only annoying conflict for me is when I use q to set units back to volley from melee, and q is also idle vil, so I'll snap from a battle to my idle vil lol
No Flag Mirari
Musketeer

Post by Mirari »

neuron wrote:Unit control groups are made with CTRL + number, are you talking about unit stances/formations? If so, if you have similar hotkeys for different actions, you might get inconsistent output. For example, if you have the idle vills finder hotkey the same as the hotkey for building a consulate one of them won''t work. Why? Because the idle vills hotkey is a global hotkey, which doesn''t need any particular game context to work (no unit selected, no building mode enabled, etc).

Hotkeys can only conflict in different modes: so you can have a unit-building hotkey (like D to train sepoys) conflict with another unit-building hotkey (D to train goons in stables), but you can''t have a global hotkey like that for idle vills be the same as a unit training hotkey. The game won''t be able to tell how you want to use it if you have no separate context for each.

i am talking about control groups. I create a group with shift+E ( or CTRL+E if you will). When i then click E somewhere else i would expect the game to select the control group, and center the camera on it when i double click. But it doesn''t do this when i have a shrine or paddy selected. literally nothing happens. i unmapped E and R everywhere. the T and Z groups work fine.
No Flag Mirari
Musketeer

Post by Mirari »

hmm ok. I guess i have to remap my control groups then. :/ Thanks for your help.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

one solution is to remap the ERTZ keys with some software so that they're are 1234 instead. I have lot of keys remapped and it is totally possible. Obviously this is the most invasive solution as you have to load the default config again when you want to use the keyboard normally.
Image Image Image
No Flag cowhax
Skirmisher

Post by cowhax »

Lol there is no going back to the standard hotkey setup for me.

@iamsoldier have you tried using alt+q and whatever other formations instead? I do alt+q (volley) +w (melee) +e (cover).
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

too slow