"This game not rated"

No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

"This game not rated"

Post by bart331 »

Correct me if i am wrong, but normal games can be resigned within 2 minutes without being rated. If you do quicksearch however games are always rated. Hope im right tho, not sure
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

"This game not rated"

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

WP guys
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
No Flag MUZZES
Crossbow

"This game not rated"

Post by MUZZES »

bart331 wrote:Correct me if i am wrong, but normal games can be resigned within 2 minutes without being rated. If you do quicksearch however games are always rated. Hope im right tho, not sure
I hope OP gets it now! :D
France iNcog
Ninja

"This game not rated"

Post by iNcog »

if i were ditissparta

lek men, if u reign in 2 minuuts den game no ratard
but in quikksarch, it 0 minuuts, so bewar
hop dis helps
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag darwin
Musketeer

"This game not rated"

Post by darwin »

lemmings121 wrote:17 people responded the exact same thing, want me to answer that too? :)
You beat me to it bahaha was gonna comment this :happytomato:
[url=//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/" style="height:20px'width:40px'opacity:0.85'border:medium none'background-color:transparent'background-image:url("]//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/" style="height:20px'width:40px'opacity:0.85'border:medium none'background-color:transparent'background-image:url("[/url]
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

"This game not rated"

Post by deleted_user0 »

It's still unclear to me!
When it's not rated???
No Flag mamapapaisop
Skirmisher

"This game not rated"

Post by mamapapaisop »

If i got it right its unrated if u resign before the 2min mark
With quicksearch its always rated
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

"This game not rated"

Post by deleted_user0 »

mamapapaisop wrote:If i got it right its unrated if u resign before the 2min mark
Can someone confirm this?
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

"This game not rated"

Post by lemmings121 »

somppukunkku wrote:
mamapapaisop wrote:If i got it right its unrated if u resign before the 2min mark
Can someone confirm this?
ive heard someone say that... not sure..
United States of America cedarfarms
Dragoon
ESO: Cedar_farms_

"This game not rated"

Post by cedarfarms »

this thread is hilarious lol
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

"This game not rated"

Post by thebritish »

krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

"This game not rated"

Post by princeofcarthage »

So if I get it right 17 people think if game is hosted and any of the team or player(1v1) resigns before 2 min then it's unrated? But if it is quick searched then it's always rated?I am so confused and to add to the confusion some think that only 8 not 17 people think that games hosted are unrated if they end before 2 min but if it is quicksearch they are rated always.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

"This game not rated"

Post by thebritish »

princeofcarthage wrote:So if I get it right 17 people think if game is hosted and any of the team or player(1v1) resigns before 2 min then it''s unrated? But if it is quick searched then it''s always rated?I am so confused and to add to the confusion some think that only 8 not 17 people think that games hosted are unrated if they end before 2 min but if it is quicksearch they are rated always.
in 1vs1 if one resigns before the 2 minute mark, in lobby, it will be unrated.
in 3vs3 for example if one resigns before the two minute mark, i think he doesnt lose nor win any points and others will need to resign too because if they continue playing after the two minute mark, if they resign they lose (with game rated).
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag pizzafreak
Crossbow

"This game not rated"

Post by pizzafreak »

thebritish wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:So if I get it right 17 people think if game is hosted and any of the team or player(1v1) resigns before 2 min then its unrated? But if it is quick searched then its always rated?I am so confused and to add to the confusion some think that only 8 not 17 people think that games hosted are unrated if they end before 2 min but if it is quicksearch they are rated always.
in 1vs1 if one resigns before the 2 minute mark, in lobby, it will be unrated.
in 3vs3 for example if one resigns before the two minute mark, i think he doesnt lose nor win any points and others will need to resign too because if they continue playing after the two minute mark, if they resign they lose (with game rated).
yes but in a 3v3 QS-Game it will always be rated
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

"This game not rated"

Post by thebritish »

yes, it will ofc.
i was talking when the game is played from the lobby (3vs3)
Last edited by thebritish on 15 Oct 2015, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reason is my grammar
United States of America Metis
Howdah

"This game not rated"

Post by Metis »

I haven't seen the explanation in this thread as to why QuickSearch (QS) games are immediately rated while hosted games are rated after two minutes. QS games used to be rated the same as hosted games. However, when TWC came out with its Iroquois who could (at the time) build a war-hut with its starting travois people started resigning in droves when they saw that they would face that civ. This became so much of a hassle that the game's developers just made QS immediately rated.

Patch 1.02

- Quick Search - the civilizations of other players are no longer shown when the initial match is made.
- Quick Search - games no longer follow the two minute resign rule and will count toward your rating as soon as they begin.

http://www.agecommunity.com/archive122006.aspx

Patch 1.04

?Iroquois
Starting Travois is not able to transform into Warhuts in Nomad Age or Discovery Age. Starting Travois is now called "Discovery Travois" and is a clone of the current unit that can build everything it can now, EXCEPT Warhuts.

http://www.agecommunity.com/xpatch1_04.aspx
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

"This game not rated"

Post by evilcheadar »

The game is not rated before 2 min game time has expired.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Germany optimusprime
Advanced Player
ESO: optimus__prime

"This game not rated"

Post by optimusprime »

bramboy wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:17 people responded the exact same thing, want me to answer that too? :)
I only count 8. I dont think 8 people agreeing on something automatically means that theyre right. Hitler had about 8 supporters as well. Your opinion does indeed

games under 2 mins are not rated. but if you play quicksearch its always rated
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

"This game not rated"

Post by Jaeger »

metis wrote:I haven''t seen the explanation in this thread as to why QuickSearch (QS) games are immediately rated while hosted games are rated after two minutes. QS games used to be rated the same as hosted games. However, when TWC came out with its Iroquois who could (at the time) build a war-hut with its starting travois people started resigning in droves when they saw that they would face that civ. This became so much of a hassle that the game''s developers just made QS immediately rated.

Patch 1.02

- Quick Search - the civilizations of other players are no longer shown when the initial match is made.
- Quick Search - games no longer follow the two minute resign rule and will count toward your rating as soon as they begin.

http://www.agecommunity.com/archive122006.aspx

Patch 1.04

?Iroquois
Starting Travois is not able to transform into Warhuts in Nomad Age or Discovery Age. Starting Travois is now called "Discovery Travois" and is a clone of the current unit that can build everything it can now, EXCEPT Warhuts.

http://www.agecommunity.com/xpatch1_04.aspx

So what if you can build WH in age 1? The biggest you can do is maybe put it by a big treasure and take it in age 1 i guess.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America Metis
Howdah

"This game not rated"

Post by Metis »

ovi12 wrote:
metis wrote:
So what if you can build WH in age 1? The biggest you can do is maybe put it by a big treasure and take it in age 1 i guess.
Run the warhut travois over to just outside the build radius of the opponents TC, all to food, fast age to II at 3 min, use that travois to build a house, send a military shipment and kill all the settlers before the opponent had even clicked age up.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

"This game not rated"

Post by gibson »

metis wrote:
ovi12 wrote:So what if you can build WH in age 1? The biggest you can do is maybe put it by a big treasure and take it in age 1 i guess.
Run the warhut travois over to just outside the build radius of the opponents TC, all to food, fast age to II at 3 min use that travois to build a house, send a military shipment and?kill all the?settlers?before the opponent had?even clicked age up.

Yea you could just skip tp to build a house, skip three vils in age 1 and just spam military shipments and it would be an instant win because your opponent would never even be able to get up a military structure
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

"This game not rated"

Post by noissance »

There used to be a mod that made it rated under 2 mins a while ago.
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

"This game not rated"

Post by Jaeger »

noissance wrote:There used to be a mod that made it rated under 2 mins a while ago.
LOL thats SOO cheating
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

"This game not rated"

Post by Papist »

I love how the first 5 replies are nearly identical.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.