Why do people prefer 3v3 ?

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Why do people prefer 3v3 ?

Post by Kaiserklein »

I've been wondering that for a while. 3v3 is objectively a low skill game mode : you usually only spam one unit like a retard, everyone goes full raid (which means a big luck factor) because the map is super big, and the balance is super broken. It's just a lamefest. It also obviously lags more than 1v1 or 2v2.

So why when you host a fucking 2v2, no one joins, and they all go to the deccan 3v3 ? It's a mystery
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Why do people prefer 3v3 ?

Post by deleted_user »

Kaiserklein wrote:I've been wondering that for a while. 3v3 is objectively a low skill game mode : you usually only spam one unit like a retard, everyone goes full raid (which means a big luck factor) because the map is super big, and the balance is super broken. It's just a lamefest. It also obviously lags more than 1v1 or 2v2.

So why when you host a fucking 2v2, no one joins, and they all go to the deccan 3v3 ? It's a mystery

no h8 4t d3cc4n pl4y3rs th3y'r3 n3w p0ss1ble h20
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

Because 3v3 can be really easy, more than 2v2, and it's even more easy if you play 3v3 in Deccan, in my opinion it's a way for earn PR without difficults. By the way, i think that play 3v3 with friends can be really funny, but yeah, in some situations it's a lamefest, that's why team games are really different than 1v1.
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah with friends I understand, but usually they host hose 3v3 randoms, which are even more retarded because super unfair
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Sweden leaf4
Dragoon

Post by leaf4 »

3v3's are the same civs on deccan. You have the team that will go super rush deccan like Iro , Ottoman, or india...then you have the teams that play japan, brit, french, and just spam walls
thebritish wrote: AA>going fortress
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Because it's casual. Most of people don't like a challenging/stressful environment when they play.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Bad players just seem to really, really like 3v3 Deccan, for some reason...

I think 3v3 (especially random teams) feels more casual, with all the worse balance, cheating, maps and lag.

My favorite is when team players complain about unfair teams (balance or skill) in a random game.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

It's kickass
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It's not objectively a low skill game mode lol. And there's not a bigger luck factor either. Well i guess there is because the teams are usually random so you could end up with really unbalanced teams, but not for the reasons you said. There's a lot more going on in a 3v3 than in a 1v1 and the games usually last longer. Also, its inherently a more social game mode than 1v1 which a lot of people seem to enjoy.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

There's a bigger luck factor because the map is bigger, which means cav becomes better obviously, and people just end up running their cav everywhere on the map and randomly kill vils. It's not really raiding skills at that point, more like luck. Also more raids means you suffer more from mapscrews, which is also a luck factor. Random teams are another luck factor, especially since the balance is super broken in 3v3, you can get op civs on one side

That's why I call it a low skill mode. This, and also the fact that you don't have to micro anything because of the huge amount of units involved, and the fact that you don't need to mix units. Easier macro, easier micro.
Sweden leaf4
Dragoon

Post by leaf4 »

When I was new to the game I mostly did 3v3 deccan but those days r gone
thebritish wrote: AA>going fortress
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

It's just more casual and as you said, it is easier which appeals to some people. Sometimes after playing multiple 1v1s I just want to take a break so I play team games. I never play on Deccan because I think it's a boring map, but back on vanilla I would play 3v3s on GP almost as much as I played 1v1s. I especially liked it because I got to know a lot of the players I played with most commonly so I at least somewhat knew the people I was playing against.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

raiding is still risky in 3v3, and doesnt require no skill.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

for me random 3v3s are just to chill a little more, 1v1 are getting less and less fun to me since i dont like my eyes feeling tired after 4 1v1s.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hazza54321 wrote:raiding is still risky in 3v3, and doesnt require no skill.

Ofc it requires a bit of skill, but really not a lot imo. You can trade cav for vils np, so you don't really need to micro your cav once they reach vils. Losing 1 huss to kill 1 vil in 1v1 is a bad trade, in 3v3 I'm pretty sure it's good (unless you rush) because the game will last long since the map is so large etc, so it will pay off.
And later on, you can just bring an obscene mass of goons and run all over the map without ever really getting caught, which also requires close to no skill.
Germany oO_Chief_Oo
Musketeer
ESO: S77XN

Post by oO_Chief_Oo »

imo 3v3 random is the most fun gamemode to go cuz of big variety each game and the fact that u really have to play as a team unlike in 2v2 for most cases
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:raiding is still risky in 3v3, and doesnt require no skill.

Ofc it requires a bit of skill, but really not a lot imo. You can trade cav for vils np, so you don't really need to micro your cav once they reach vils. Losing 1 huss to kill 1 vil in 1v1 is a bad trade, in 3v3 I'm pretty sure it's good (unless you rush) because the game will last long since the map is so large etc, so it will pay off.
And later on, you can just bring an obscene mass of goons and run all over the map without ever really getting caught, which also requires close to no skill.

knowing when to raid is huge though so in a sense it takes some skill
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

evilcheadar wrote:It's kickass

kickass_op
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

gibson wrote:It's not objectively a low skill game mode lol. And there's not a bigger luck factor either. Well i guess there is because the teams are usually random so you could end up with really unbalanced teams, but not for the reasons you said. There's a lot more going on in a 3v3 than in a 1v1 and the games usually last longer. Also, its inherently a more social game mode than 1v1 which a lot of people seem to enjoy.

That's funnu because there are a lot of anti-social people playing those games who seem not to enjoy it.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I play a lot of 3v3, its easy to find an open room, you can play with a lot of friends and it is more easy and relaxed game mode. I think i prefer it from x2 and x1
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

oO_Chief_Oo wrote:imo 3v3 random is the most fun gamemode to go cuz of big variety each game and the fact that u really have to play as a team unlike in 2v2 for most cases

Yeah and you can oos without people knowing it amirite
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

zoom wrote:
gibson wrote:It's not objectively a low skill game mode lol. And there's not a bigger luck factor either. Well i guess there is because the teams are usually random so you could end up with really unbalanced teams, but not for the reasons you said. There's a lot more going on in a 3v3 than in a 1v1 and the games usually last longer. Also, its inherently a more social game mode than 1v1 which a lot of people seem to enjoy.

That's funnu because there are a lot of anti-social people who seem not to enjoy it.
yesh!
Germany oO_Chief_Oo
Musketeer
ESO: S77XN

Post by oO_Chief_Oo »

Kaiserklein wrote:
oO_Chief_Oo wrote:imo 3v3 random is the most fun gamemode to go cuz of big variety each game and the fact that u really have to play as a team unlike in 2v2 for most cases

Yeah and you can oos without people knowing it amirite

Guess you tried it out now and then

EDIT: amirite?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well I'm not the guy who gets 80+ attack cuirs, lags, drops, oos, amirite ?
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Kaiserklein wrote:Well I'm not the guy who gets 80+ attack cuirs, lags, drops, oos, amirite ?

thought thats our great optimus
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience