New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: Autumn betting discussion

Post by zoom »

gibson wrote:
umeu wrote:lets punish both?
That's the point I was getting at, predictably zoi missed the point
No. You explicitly hold Hazza's definitive, major violation of the rules relatively negligible, while claiming Carrot's obsessively speculated and uncorroborated, minor violation of the rules to be of great magnitude. Apart from the fact that the accusations against the latter participant are totally devoid of evidence, more severely penalizing a less serious infraction makes absolutely no sense. In fact, in this perfectly real context, it would seem as though you are missing what is allegedly your own point – disregarding how it's not reflected by your post in the first place, that is – and how audacious your ironic display of profoundly lacking self-awareness, seemingly blinded by bias in calling predictable actions my non-actions.

The next time you attempt to belittle me when failing to refute my basic critical thinking and logic, I suggest you at least consider bringing some of your own.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

lesllamas wrote:Zoom you're a global treasure
Yes, but only in my spare time.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

zoom wrote:
gibson wrote:
No. You explicitly hold Hazza's definitive, major violation of the rules relatively negligible, while claiming Carrot's obsessively speculated and uncorroborated, minor violation of the rules to be of great magnitude. Apart from the fact that the accusations against the latter participant are totally devoid of evidence, more severely penalizing a less serious infraction makes absolutely no sense. In fact, in this perfectly real context, it would seem as though you are missing what is allegedly your own point – disregarding how it's not reflected by your post in the first place, that is – and how audacious your ironic display of profoundly lacking self-awareness, seemingly blinded by bias in calling predictable actions my non-actions.

The next time you attempt to belittle me when failing to refute my basic critical thinking and logic, I suggest you at least consider bringing some of your own.

I've read your post four times now; I'm giving up in attempting to understand what you're saying. Your vocabulary arsenal is too advanced. :c
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

zoom wrote:Anyone else (with the exception of Somppukunkku) may claim 250pxl-pts before midnight pacific-piggie-time (PPT).

@AraGun
@Buckethead
@CelticCrusader
@edeholland
@eulergauss
@Generaal_DP
@gh0st
@gibson
@jsimons1289
@KINGofOsmane
@LordCharlie_131
@Octanium
@rafacavalhiere
@rickytickitembo
@Vinyanyérë
@yemshi
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Racism
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

i call it @Goodspeed :coin: :coin:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

zoom wrote:
gibson wrote:

No. Nowhere have I stated that the actions of Mr. Wood where negligible and have always stated that the very actions levied against him by the tournament admins were justified. The very fact that you do now so call the actions of Mr Wood a "major violation" while those that have been enacted by the one currently know to us as the man from Zimbabwe "Senor carrot" are only "minor violations" is demonstrative of the fact that not only are you calling the very same action something different in each context, but that you have completely removed the actions from their context! One player committed a sin that had zero effect on the standings of said tournament, and then admitted his transgression. The other is eliminating talented players as easily as a dehydrated man would down a glass of water and still has the gall to pretend to be a separate entity from one which would be well known by the community. Totally devoid of evidence! Look to the play my friend, look to the play. Any mothers son can tell that the play of the player known as carrot is not the play of a 1st liutenants nor the play of a pr 32 returned after 4 years. Based on said statements an argument could be made the the actions of the latter player are actually more hurtful to the integrity of the tournament then those of the former. However, I am not here to make that argument today. All I want is justice. So next time before you go justifying the actions of a truant, a villain, and a flat of Thug, I would suggest you take your own advice and bring to the table critical thinking and logic instead of hot air and a porcupine turd.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

You (Goodspeed) aren't supposed to alert them to it, you ass-hat.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Bro, I win you 9300 points and you give me zero? C'mon mate. @zoom
Atleast 5% share plz
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

zoom wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

HAHAHAH

keeping the dream alive.
If only you knew...
lemmings121 wrote:dammit, forgot to bet on the last match. :(

but i'll be back, that 100% consistency will get my place back!
Unless I somehow keep yesterdai's luck going, that does seem likely. It is very impressive indeed, considering the sample size at this point.

Meh, if I had your advantage of always being the last one to bet, knowing the odds with no time to others adapt, 100%wr would continue forever.

And if I could respawn from the dead 3 times (or you did 4?) I would also gamble all in in improbable reaults like you...
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

lordraphael wrote:
Jerom wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Just wanted to throw out there that he control grouped mams and goons together at some point, which is pretty stylistic. Overall otherwise pretty clear hotkey usage.

I think its iamgrunt myself :hmm:

Also I personally think diarougas and bsops egos are both too large to not destroy on their main, and wouldve expected them to try to do more damage if it was with malicious intend.

funny i think its exactly the other way around. Particularly BS_OP would, if he ever cared to sign up for a tourney again, play on a smurf. Im almost certain of that. At least if its only a semi serious attempt. Becasue on his main acc he could only lose his reputation. simply becasue he would have to practice quite a bit aswell to be a serious contender, just like any other player. And for a player like BSOP anything but a finals appearance would be seen as a failure.
Kinda the same would apply to diarouga. Before he went berzerk he was pretty much the best player on ESO, I would have loved to see H2O vs diarouga in the invitational or in the autumn tourney. If he now signed up with his main and would perform poorly because of lack of training, he would only lose his reputation. But by signing up with a smurf he has nothing to lose.
Don't be silly. Diarouga isn't nearly good enough to be Carrot.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

IMAO ppl shouid be just banned for changing their bets once series already started....thats some bs^^
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

I want my pxl points!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

lemmings121 wrote:
zoom wrote:
Show hidden quotes
If only you knew...
lemmings121 wrote:dammit, forgot to bet on the last match. :(

but i'll be back, that 100% consistency will get my place back!
Unless I somehow keep yesterdai's luck going, that does seem likely. It is very impressive indeed, considering the sample size at this point.

Meh, if I had your advantage of always being the last one to bet, knowing the odds with no time to others adapt, 100%wr would continue forever.

And if I could respawn from the dead 3 times (or you did 4?) I would also gamble all in in improbable reaults like you...
First of all, I have no such advantage. Second, I was donated less than 1000pts in total. Third, you can receive donations. Fourth, "If only you knew..."
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

cant deny you are a good better :P
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

knusch wrote:IMAO ppl shouid be just banned for changing their bets once series already started....thats some bs^^
What exactly prompted you to make this post. Did you react to any particular example?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

lemmings121 wrote:cant deny you are a good better :P
Yes. I am also helped by a lot of participants being terrible bettors, and luck (disregarding, of course, the fact that there is no such thing; merely our perception of it).
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

_venox_ wrote:
zoom wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I've read your post four times now; I'm giving up in attempting to understand what you're saying. Your vocabulary arsenal is too advanced. :c
Good point. I need to express myself in a way that is more easily understood.

Still, if that particular post is intelligible to you, I'd say your vocabulary is basic at best.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

gibson wrote:
zoom wrote:
Show hidden quotes

No. Nowhere have I stated that the actions of Mr. Wood where negligible and have always stated that the very actions levied against him by the tournament admins were justified. The very fact that you do now so call the actions of Mr Wood a "major violation" while those that have been enacted by the one currently know to us as the man from Zimbabwe "Senor carrot" are only "minor violations" is demonstrative of the fact that not only are you calling the very same action something different in each context, but that you have completely removed the actions from their context! One player committed a sin that had zero effect on the standings of said tournament, and then admitted his transgression. The other is eliminating talented players as easily as a dehydrated man would down a glass of water and still has the gall to pretend to be a separate entity from one which would be well known by the community. Totally devoid of evidence! Look to the play my friend, look to the play. Any mothers son can tell that the play of the player known as carrot is not the play of a 1st liutenants nor the play of a pr 32 returned after 4 years. Based on said statements an argument could be made the the actions of the latter player are actually more hurtful to the integrity of the tournament then those of the former. However, I am not here to make that argument today. All I want is justice. So next time before you go justifying the actions of a truant, a villain, and a flat of Thug, I would suggest you take your own advice and bring to the table critical thinking and logic instead of hot air and a porcupine turd.
If that's so, then the misunderstanding must surely be mutual. Nevertheless, the fact remains: you are still – despite repeated requests on my part – failing to address the logic I presented for my argument, resorting instead to repeating bent or otherwise flawed logic, while mimicking my every expression. Apart from the sheer desperation and patheticness of it, it simply doesn't work when all you can present is your biased perspective, without anything to support it beyond arrogance, ignorance and obsession.

Please feel free to dig yourself deeper into the same hole. I've no doubt you have every intention of doing so, as soon as you realize the target of your affection isn't the PR 72 demi-Garja you've been projecting him to be, but an average player, no better than Diarouga. When you manage to present a single logically sound counter-argument, I'll consider investing more time into progressing this debate. Until then, I consider it thoroughly annihilated.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

would somebody be so kind as to donate me points? i've had an unfortunate run as i've missed a lot of betting opportunities because the ones i did bet on invariably were rescheduled.

regardless,
much love,
your boo,
cometk
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
zoom wrote:
Show hidden quotes

just wanted to say that it kinda turns out adriancarrot was a legit player probably.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Cometk wrote:would somebody be so kind as to donate me points? i've had an unfortunate run as i've missed a lot of betting opportunities because the ones i did bet on invariably were rescheduled.

regardless,
much love,
your boo,
cometk

@Jerom
@zoom
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I dont have any points.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

The round of 32 is in the past now, and betting was as much of a battlefield as Kamchatka. With SoldieR's dopples obliterating IrishFaithful's musks, many betters saw their points evaporate. To almost everybody's surprise, that series ended in a 3-2 and it wasn't the only one. It wasn't the most impactful one, either. Yesterday, when the day was still young, a betting record was shattered. Breeze stole 2 games from a distraught LordRaphael, who barely came out on top in the end. 90 points out of 8864 were bet on the 3-2 result, making the winning odds a record-breaking 87.58. Zoom's 80 point bet got him from 500 to 7406 points, and my 10 point bet won me 800. Darwin_ won 2 points, and those were the only 3 winners that match. An absolute bloodbath.

Speaking of zoom, he's got over 21000 points now.
It all happened so fast...
There was the LordRaphael 3-2 ageofkiller winning zoom 6906 points, then Jerom 2-3 SomppuKunkku won him 6894 points. The aforementioned SoldieR 2-3 IrishFaithful won him another 4760. Suddenly, in the span of 3 matches the barely alive zoom found himself in first place, where let's face it he belongs. At this point I don't even know what to say any more. We might as well just give the guy the 50$. Is his 8029 point win in the Aizamk 3-0 AdrianCarrot series even a surprise any more? If you're looking for someone to point your pitchforks towards, it's LordRaphael who in his infinite wisdom decided to donate 500 points to the God of betting after he had been eliminated for the third time this event.

All is not lost however. Umeu, Victor_swe and n0el are all sitting around 10000 points and as we have seen, things can turn around quickly. Of course as of now they are all halving zoom's stack.
There is one better who is still ahead of zoom. Is Jerom the betting messiah? He is sitting in first place, on 22759 points, having sneaked ahead of zoom after zoom lost 4129 points betting on LoOk_tOm (in his defense the odds were looking juicy). Some of you may remember Jerom was also in first place after the round of 64, and with all said and done he did hold onto his spot. He increased his stack by a healthy 6000 points throughout the round of 32, betting relatively safely. Though he is surely feeling the heat at this point, and safe betting may not be enough against the phenomenon that is zoom.

Shoutout to gh0st, an up and coming better who finds himself at 3753 points coming back from a donation from none other than zoom, who generously offered 250 points to anyone who would claim them. Wp.
A moment of silence for knusch, as well as a reminder that when zoom wins other people lose. Knusch lost his entire 9566 point stack betting on AdrianCarrot, Aizamks mysterious opponent. You had to wonder if he knew something we all didn't, but it turns out Adrian was not a top level smurf after all. Aiz took the series convincingly, and knusch dropped to zero points. He had better luck in the tournament though, winning his tournament match against yours truly 3-2. This was also the match that finally confirmed that Brits are top civ. ;)

Overall an excellent round of betting. Big wins, big losses, close and entertaining series and a ton of shifts in the top 3. Check out the history sheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =247843266.
We'll see if things stabilize in the round of 16, somehow I doubt it. Good luck to all except zoom, and especially Jerom. Our hopes are on you now, young padawan. Stay ahead of him, and be wary of his 1000 point bets on big odds! Somehow those results always end up happening...

Records after the round of 32
Most points won in a single match: Jerom (KINGofOsmane 0-2 jerom_the_brave) - 11457 points
Most unexpected result: LordRaphael 3-2 ageofkiller - odds 87.58
Most points bet on a single match: KINGofOsmane vs jerom_the_brave - 46890 points
Most points bet by a player (total): knusch - 93549 points
Most consistent better: lemmings121 - 82%

Bets for the round of 16 will be opened some time this week. You will receive a PM with further information when that happens.
Once again happy gambling!

[spoiler=tags]@MCJim
@Jerom
@Kaiserklein
@Lukas_L99
@Gichtenlord
@EAGLEMUT
@AraGun
@Garja
@hunter
@britishmusketeer
@_NiceKING_
@sdsanft
@Cometk
@gh0st
@yemshi
@LordCharlie_131
@zoom
@Mitoe
@iamturk
@umeu
@n0eL
@iNcog
@KINGofOsmane
@rickytickitembo
@oxaloacetate
@pecelot
@rsy
@gibson
@benj89
@CelticCrusader
@vaso413
@macacoalbino
@aligator92
@blackwidow
@leaf4
@fishboyy
@fightinfrenchman
@evilcheadar
@afdafa
@lesllamas
@sebnan12
@site
@giveuanxiety
@mamasmurf64
@jacksonpollock
@Streletsy
@ZestNibblet
@bobabu
@Darwin_
@Victor_swe
@purplesquid
@nsyiek135
@kingnassau
@knusch
@optimusprime
@lordraphael
@eulergauss
@rafacavalhiere
@VITAOOOOOOOOO1
@japanesegeneral
@thebritish
@chusik
@lemmings121
@Harreso
@arcangelusregis
@iwillspankyou
@ImperialRyder
@oceanic
@gustavusadolphus
@somppukunkku
@edeholland
@deadrising78
@erico
@StreletWarrior
@Buckethead
@Jack
@Generaal_DP
@IamSherlocked
@sirmusket
@Vinyanyérë
@arley11
@thakronickid420
@Bartimaeus
@princeofkabul
@malassaad
@666_X
@look [/spoiler]
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

I would like to reiterate that my 250pxl-pt offer is still good for another six and a half hours (07 GMT+0), and that anyone except Somppukunkku, regardless of any other circumstance, is free to make their claim.

Goodspeed wrote:
Cometk wrote:would somebody be so kind as to donate me points? i've had an unfortunate run as i've missed a lot of betting opportunities because the ones i did bet on invariably were rescheduled.

regardless,
much love,
your boo,
cometk

@Jerom
@zoom
@Goodspeed @Cometk @knusch @zoom etc