nagayumi vs veni

No Flag mnogud
Lancer

nagayumi vs veni

Post by mnogud »

was it really nagayumi who played vs veni for third place ? nagayumi is OP i bet he wouldnt lose 5-0 to veni. Want a re between the 2
France benj89
Howdah

nagayumi vs veni

Post by benj89 »

lol
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

nagayumi vs veni

Post by bart331 »

It was bpdscolony tbh
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

nagayumi vs veni

Post by Nymphomaniac »

mnogud wrote:was it really nagayumi who played vs veni for third place ? nagayumi is OP i bet he wouldnt lose 5-0 to veni. Want a re between the 2
lol to some extent I thought similarly. I even thought maybe bs_op was playing as veni 'P
Not saying Veni should have lost, but expected more closer series than that. Then again maybe Naga was drunk.
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

nagayumi vs veni

Post by Nymphomaniac »

bart331 wrote:It was bpdscolony tbh
Nah, then veni would lose 5-0 to him, he''s too good :happydance:
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

nagayumi vs veni

Post by bart331 »

cerebralassasin wrote:
bart331 wrote:It was bpdscolony tbh
Nah, then veni would lose 5-0 to him, hes too good? :happydance:

True, my bad
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

nagayumi vs veni

Post by Marco1698 »

mnogud wrote:was it really nagayumi who played vs veni for third place ? nagayumi is OP i bet he wouldnt lose 5-0 to veni. Want a re between the 2

Yes you are right. I still don''t believe how Veni won 5-0. Veni is good but he''s better like team player and I expected from this match at least 3 victories from nagayumi. Anyway Veni played well that series and he merited to win.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

nagayumi vs veni

Post by edeholland »

neuron wrote:It seems nagayumi is not playing nearly as much as he used to. Veni is very good, but he also had lots of luck in his bracket, imo.
Veni got luck in his bracket? He had one of the hardest, because of his noob 1v1 ELO. He played Spadel and Kiljardi and H2O. If Garja beat Kiljardi he would have to play Garja.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

nagayumi vs veni

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

edeholland wrote:
neuron wrote:It seems nagayumi is not playing nearly as much as he used to. Veni is very good, but he also had lots of luck in his bracket, imo.
Veni got luck in his bracket? He had one of the hardest, because of his noob 1v1 ELO. He played Spadel and Kiljardi and H2O. If Garja beat Kiljardi he would have to play Garja.
Thats a quite hard bracket but not as hard as the snowww or goongoon one.
Best bracket was mine haha.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

nagayumi vs veni

Post by edeholland »

Let's not forget he played Mitoe
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

nagayumi vs veni

Post by SoldieR »

Funny to see this, now of all times, lol. But ya, probably the most surprising result all tourney.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

nagayumi vs veni

Post by edeholland »

neuron wrote:
edeholland wrote:Lets not forget he played Mitoe
Yep, that was maybe his most OP series. Never forget how he did the stable rax start and got 5 musks 5 huss before minute 6 in that game on Hudson Bay, is if it was EZ.
With 150f, but still nice yeah. 1 minute more or less really mattered there.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

nagayumi vs veni

Post by Mimsy for President »

He beat Mitoe, spadel &' kiljardi. He didn''t come out of nowhere either. I agree with the first part nonetheless.
Netherlands Qulala
Crossbow

nagayumi vs veni

Post by Qulala »

wasnt surprised at all, if you look to his teamgames he does easily 4 things at the same time and never misses a thing that happens on the map. and also managing his team and giving orders.
1vs1 you need to focus on less things, and his micro is very good too, (too bad he doesnt play more 1vs1's )
and i guess there is a reason he stands on place 15 in the overal ranking
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

nagayumi vs veni

Post by bart331 »

Mechanically he is bery good but doesnt have that much 1v1 experience. His play really surprised me positively, really good job through a hard bracket. I am looking fwd to his achievmeents next toruney.

And nagayumi just didnt have his series i think, its a good player tho
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

nagayumi vs veni

Post by deleted_user0 »

i dont think he cared about it too much.
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

nagayumi vs veni

Post by mnogud »

yeah he did beat kiljardi,spadel, mitoe... but nagayumi is at a different level altogether i feel.... I also wish nagayumi didnt play in troll mode against BS_OP in the last 2 games
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

nagayumi vs veni

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

Just learned about this thread.
Well, thanks for the nice comments, but lets be honest. I joined the tournament to show that good teamplayers can do good in 1/1 as well, because a lot of things like micro, macro and game knowledge apply to both. However, as can be seen from my games i have less experience with 1/1 and so my bo's are not as sharp as they should be and that is an issue in the later stages of the tournament. As well that i dont play India/Sioux/Japan that well but do get lamed with it. If you get like 3 units less than your opponent with similar play in a mirror especially, then you are very likely to loose.

I think a Nagayumi in good shape would beat me, so he wasnt in his best shape, even though i think i played quite good there (and games 1-3 were very close). Same with Spadel, i beat him sometimes in 1/1 obs, but he is the better 1/1 player in the long run i feel. He wasnt in optimal shape either. And we have to keep in mind that Mitoe, Spadel and Kiljardi didnt lame much or at all vs me with civ choice, which i appreciate. Unlike h20 and nagayumi, although I know its a tournament so they have the right to do so. And vs H20 well, as mentioned before i felt i wasnt in optimal shape, i also had a party that day/night before and casting the other bo7 earlier that day, however i would loose either way.
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

nagayumi vs veni

Post by Mimsy for President »

venividivici wrote:Just learned about this thread.
Well, thanks for the nice comments, but lets be honest. I joined the tournament to show that good teamplayers can do good in 1/1 as well, because a lot of things like micro, macro and game knowledge apply to both. However, as can be seen from my games i have less experience with 1/1 and so my bo''s are not as sharp as they should be and that is an issue in the later stages of the tournament. As well that i dont play India/Sioux/Japan that well but do get lamed with it. If you get like 3 units less than your opponent with similar play in a mirror especially, then you are very likely to loose.

I think a Nagayumi in good shape would beat me, so he wasnt in his best shape, even though i think i played quite good there (and games 1-3 were very close). Same with Spadel, i beat him sometimes in 1/1 obs, but he is the better 1/1 player in the long run i feel. He wasnt in optimal shape either. And we have to keep in mind that Mitoe, Spadel and Kiljardi didnt lame much or at all vs me with civ choice, which i appreciate. Unlike h20 and nagayumi, although I know its a tournament so they have the right to do so. And vs H20 well, as mentioned before i felt i wasnt in optimal shape, i also had a party that day/night before and casting the other bo7 earlier that day, however i would loose either way.
Also you didn''t play Russians which is your best civ imo (semi-finals)
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

nagayumi vs veni

Post by mnogud »

venividivici wrote:Just learned about this thread.
Well, thanks for the nice comments, but lets be honest. I joined the tournament to show that good teamplayers can do good in 1/1 as well, because a lot of things like micro, macro and game knowledge apply to both. However, as can be seen from my games i have less experience with 1/1 and so my bo''s are not as sharp as they should be and that is an issue in the later stages of the tournament. As well that i dont play India/Sioux/Japan that well but do get lamed with it. If you get like 3 units less than your opponent with similar play in a mirror especially, then you are very likely to loose.

Veni i never questioned how good you are :D I know you are very good in 1v1. I only questioned who was playing as nagayumi since he is definitely a tier 1 player and he got owned which makes no sense :/ .
No Flag spadel
Skirmisher

nagayumi vs veni

Post by spadel »

I have not read the whole thread, but Veni has really improved in 1v1. No matter if I was rusty or not, he was superior to me because of his decision making (think he's got that from his mad 3v3 skills xD)

...so if he learns to macro his vils better, be afraid of him next tourney :D
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

nagayumi vs veni

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

ey you! Sign up for next tourney Spadel :D But ye my macro needs some fixing, although feels its quite okey if im not too tired. Bo's are not 100% sharp yet though. And ye my decision making has always been good from teamgames too imo and improvement there, and lot of similarities.
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w